How are roads in town today?

15,040 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCStalk
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Side roads in Bryan are icy. Coulter is ice. The snow material in the medians is a block of ice in a lot of places. Did not see any wrecks but it's sketchy out there. This was the earliest I've been out, conditions have been much better in the afternoons I've been out earlier in the week. But if it stays cloudy and cold today, I'm not sure the conditions will improve much.
lawless89
Saw this yesterday afternoon outside the neighborhood at the corner of highway 6 and Harvey. Hope it was a slow crash or else they went through the windshield!
Justin2010
AG
Still a decent number of icy spots out there on city roads. Not bad if you drive slow.
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
In the past, one could see the traffic cameras online that the railroad maintains at some of the crossings along Wellborn Rd. Are those still accessible, and if so, does anyone have the link for them?

Thanks,

ZTGA
ShinerBlonde
AG
My husband just drove from Rock Prairie to St Joseph's in Bryan and said the roads weren't bad but he was driving cautiously. He said the parking lot at the hospital was still pretty icy though.
FlyRod
Drove from downtown Bryan to home. Texas Ave was good. Local roads seems surprisingly clear(er).
oklaunion
Just got back from Montgomery. Hwy 6 is in good shape. 105 pretty good. Most of the sketchy area is between Plantersville and Dobbin with a bit of ice still on hillsides. Take it easy and watch for fools and you should be ok.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Roads aren't too bad, lots of ice spots so be careful. Major issues is other drivers not slowing down and driving for conditions.

Several people out today traveling very close behind myself or other drivers. No need to hurry.
cz308
2818, southbound lane under University/FM60 has a slick spot. That's really the only one I found. Lots of melt today that will refreeze with 20 degree temps tonight. Lot of the main roads are good, but it's the side roads and rural roads that could be rough tonight/tomorrow morning.
Aggieland Proud
AG
Anyone familiar with Hwy30 between Bryan and Huntsville. May need to make an emergency trip late this afternoon. State website seems like it may not be good.
lawless89
Aggieland Proud said:

Anyone familiar with Hwy30 between Bryan and Huntsville. May need to make an emergency trip late this afternoon. State website seems like it may not be good.

From what I see everything is melting. Stuff is falling off trees and power lines. Main highways/roads are typically pretty good, but I'd still go much slower than normal. It's the intersections and neighborhoods where it seems to be the worst.
Smeghead4761
I will note that when I drove home from work at 7 pm, there was some nasty black ice on VM by the old golf course.

As in, driving along normal (about 30 mph) and suddenly the back end of the truck kicks out 30 degrees nasty.
JP76
Langenator said:

I will note that when I drove home from work at 7 pm, there was some nasty black ice on VM by the old golf course.

As in, driving along normal (about 30 mph) and suddenly the back end of the truck kicks out 30 degrees nasty.

Just got back from driving around.
Earlier 2-5 pm all the roads were pretty good.
Driving back around 8 as the temps started dropping I spun on Texas avenue at 25-30 mph by the old Luby's as well as further south by Harvey and 1 more time on longmire. Once we hit 19/20 tonight it's going to be sketchy in the morning for sure.
jac4
AG
has anyone been out this morning? 21 degrees sounds like things will be slippery.
Psychag
AG
Fitch, Texas, 6, and Wellborn fine.
Post removed:
by user
JP76
Ice on barron at the intersection with feeder road
JP76
RoyalOak00 said:

Need to drive up from Katy. If I leave at noon will I be okay? Going to avoid 290 and come up the back way to Hempstead.

6 is clear southbound from barron to at least Millican exit but entrance/exits ramps are suspect in spots
Aggie
AG
JP76 said:

Langenator said:

Just got back from driving around.
Earlier 2-5 pm all the roads were pretty good.
Driving back around 8 as the temps started dropping I spun on Texas avenue at 25-30 mph by the old Luby's as well as further south by Harvey and 1 more time on longmire. Once we hit 19/20 tonight it's going to be sketchy in the morning for sure.

Roads are fine and even with another hard freeze will be fine tomorrow morning. Majority of Roads are dry.. even with freezing temps overnight there is nothing on the roads to refeeeze.
Just made trip from CS to Houston... zero issues.
Roads dry and easily able to drive normal speed
BCSWguru
Anyone make it from Waco to CS?
BCStalk
I have a truck coming from Dallas and haven't heard anything bad. I believe he's in Calvert as of now.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
LSCSN said:

Anyone make it from Waco to CS?

Husband drove to Franklin today with no issues. Not sure about the rest of the way, though.
toolshed
AG
Roads are good for the most part. Just watch shady areas, I fish tailed a little on the curved between KBTX and Spring Loop. The sun isn't hitting and melting those areas that stay shaded all/ most of the day and there was still ice out around noon today. Hopefully the warm up this afternoon took care of the patches left.

BCStalk
Not going to lie, I kinda miss the bad roads after almost getting hit twice today by bad drivers. I feel like it was more dangerous today than all week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.