Power outages.. report..

45,873 Views | 414 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I were anyone "working" for ERCOT, I would honestly fear for my safety if I dared set foot in BCS. I think I speak for tens of thousands of people here when I say we have ****ing had enough.
Tailgate88
AG
At this point it would be easier to report who has power. The outage maps on BTU and CSU sites are lit up like Christmas trees. I doubt BTU is having to black anyone out now, there are so many legitimately out.
trouble
AG
It's that way across the state. I have friends in Houston, SA, and Austin who have been out since Monday.
jeffk
AG
dubi said:

jeffk said:

That's incredibly kind of you to offer and I know all five of us would be super thrilled to hear the PP performance, but I really think we're going to be okay.

At some point you need to fib and tell us
1) power on, or
2) you have accepted one of many generous offers.

We are all worried about you and you are being stubborn!

Y'all are all really nice and I appreciate the concern immensely. Our house stays between 68 (with power) and 55 (lowest it got when we were without power for about ten hours Monday). We have plenty of hot water and gas to cook with and loads of warm clothes and blankets. It's like a home camping trip!

Really happy with the way our 1970s home has weathered the storm. We might have a frozen hose bib to replace later on, but I can handle that myself pretty easily. Wish we had a fireplace like our last two houses in Houston, but oh well. I'll definitely reach out for help if things get real bad though. Y'all are the best!
Chieftain
Finally got water running late yesterday afternoon and now no power. I can safely say that I am ready for summer.
Bunk Moreland
Just the simple 'warming' up from teens to low 30s will help ease the burden immensely.
AgDotCom
FlyRod said:

If I were anyone "working" for ERCOT, I would honestly fear for my safety if I dared set foot in BCS. I think I speak for tens of thousands of people here when I say we have ****ing had enough.
I'll reserve full judgement because I admit I don't have the same direct knowledge of the total situation that the people in charge have.

But I think what may be pissing off people the most right now is we have moderate winter temps today and we are still having rolling blackouts. Where were these blackouts when on numerous days over the past 10 years we had temps in the 20s and 30s?

I'd hate to be in charge right now, because I think the public backlash is going to be brutal.

zachm6300
Is your power still out? We're on Whispering Oaks and ours just came back on.
histag10
AG
FlyRod said:

Think its bad here? Look up the situation in Coleman Tx...
histag10
AG
Still no water. Wickson says they fixed the break and have no idea why no one still has water. Thanks.

Power flickered for the first time about 20 minutes ago. If it goes down, its down for good out here.
Mathguy64
AG
Tailgate88 said:

At this point it would be easier to report who has power. The outage maps on BTU and CSU sites are lit up like Christmas trees. I doubt BTU is having to black anyone out now, there are so many legitimately out.

My house debunks this myth. We continue to cycle in and off. Since 6:00 am I get 90 minutes on and 90 off. Before that I had 10 hours total of power in 30.
Thisguy1
We finally got on the somewhat consistent schedule yesterday. We get about an hour on, hour off in The Oaks. Before we were getting about an hour per every 4 ish of not having it.
Mathguy64
AG
Got shortchanged. Just went out again. Only 60 minutes this round.
Broncos
histag10 said:

Still no water. Wickson says they fixed the break and have no idea why no one still has water. Thanks.

Power flickered for the first time about 20 minutes ago. If it goes down, its down for good out here.

Wickson or Wellborn? I have Wickson and have had no issues.
J182
AG
J182 said:

Random update: still no power at my apt in the Forestwood area. Stop in this morning to check on it and it was 40 degrees. The place we stayed at was a little chilly, but definitely warmer. The 30 on/30 off was annoying, but manageable.

Her office in Downtown Bryan has power. My office near the HEB on VM has power too. So, we are at work for the time being. I went to a couple of places and they all looked like they had power as well. If anyone needs some food and what not, La Michoacana had plenty and they were making hot food too. A little more crowded than normal.

Well...we had a good run. Had power for about 24 hours. Went out again around 430P. No water started around 2ish. Headed back to our friend's apt but with rolling blackouts still. But hey, we have water! Also, the apt above this apt has a busted water heater and it it pouring water over the side like a waterfall. It's also going into the little storage closet attached to this apt. Complex doesn't think it's an emergency situation to come fix immediately. :: shrug :: I'll post pictures because it's kind of hilarious how much water is just flowing.
👽
Rapier108
BTU and CSU both have a lot fewer total outage numbers before reported, assuming the maps are accurate.

BTU is showing 5411 out.

CSU is showing 2642 out.

We'll have to see if this holds, or if it will sudden shoot back up.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
histag10
AG
Broncos said:

histag10 said:

Wickson or Wellborn? I have Wickson and have had no issues.

Wickson. Im off of Bickham Cemetery Road/Dick Elliot. Everyone out here has been out for about 36 hours now. We are the reason for the text tonight blaming the outagesBTU/ERCOT and asking people to stop calling. Our little neighborhood (and up through Edge) has been hounding them since yesterday.

Let me tell ya- 37.5 week pregnant me needs a hot bath or shower when this is all said and done. As do 2 stinky kids, and a husband who has been working outside to keep us deiced.
Rapier108
CSU currently has only 53 customer still out.

BTU is down to 173.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
toolshed
AG
Lots of stuff must have kicked on in the last couple of hours. All of Copperfield, lots of The Oaks, 29th and Briarcrest and large sections of Briargate and the area behind Bryan main post office were out as of 6:30 or 7 when I was last out.
Goose83
AG
Ours (BTU) came back on at 9:30PM and is still on (keeping my fingers crossed).

I know that more power is coming back online statewide, yet I wonder if BTU's shot across ERCOT's bow yesterday may have something to do with this as well.
dubi
AG
You are welcome to come shower at our house!

Get water and have some food from our limited menu.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Our power (just off Deacon and Welborn) was off and on yesterday, but definitely more on than Monday and Tuesday. It came on at midnight and has been on since then.
Smeghead4761
My power 9BTU off 1179) came on at around 8:30 last night and was still on when I left for work at 5:30 am.

BTU map currently shows only 2 outages, both single meters.
Rex Racer
AG
Our power near Broadmoor and Camelot came back on at 6:00 PM yesterday and has been on since. Fingers crossed it doesn't go off again with temps dropping again tonight and tomorrow night.
EliteElectric
Ours came back up at 8:19 last night and is still on ao fingers crossed
A Net Full of Jello
AG
ERCOT has officially lifted rolling blackouts (lifted around midnight). They haven't officially stated it, but it is speculated they will start back up late morninh/early afternoon. We are still officially in EEA3 which gives ERCOT the right to resume blackouts without notice.
CS78
So it looks like the areas that had been down since the start were switched back on when the blackouts were lifted. WHY WERE THEY OUT THE ENTIRE TIME IF THERE WASN'T AN ACTUAL MECHANICAL PROBLEM?!?! Why weren't they rotated?
dr_boogs
AG
Where did you find this info? You have a link? I ran a quick google search but didn't find anything.
littlebitofhifi
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/18/rolling-outages-suspended-as-power-is-restored-across-texas/
dave99ag
AG
I'm tempting fate by resetting the microwave clock.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
dr_boogs said:

Where did you find this info? You have a link? I ran a quick google search but didn't find anything.

I know a guy who works in power generation. He found out this morning. The factual stuff is on ERCOT.com. the speculation stuff is speculation.
rsa
AG
dr_boogs said:

Posted on KBTX this a.m. https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/18/rolling-outages-suspended-as-power-is-restored-across-texas/
dr_boogs
AG
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Not sure why google didn't find that but thanks for the link!
dubi
AG
dave99ag said:

I'm tempting fate by resetting the microwave clock.
I just plugged in my DirectTv box and television for the first time this week. Honestly I didn't miss TV.
KidDoc
AG
My system confirms no more rolling blackouts since midnight. And my suddenlink internet finally came back!

Wow miracles do happen!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.