Power outages.. report..

45,875 Views | 414 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggiePhil said:

Rapier108 said:

If you have a hospital, police station, fire station, water/wastewater plant, or other essential facility nearby and are on the same part of the grid, you won't lose power as those facilities have to stay online.

IDK about that. Power at CSPD was off and on all throughout the night/morning.
Most likely not a rolling blackout, but an actual weather related outage.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
GiveEmHellBill
AG
91_Aggie said:

Just lost power again in Shenandoah subdivison

Yep. So much for the "being close to the hospital spares us" theory.
Rexter
91_Aggie said:

Just lost power again in Shenandoah subdivison

My side of the street is out, but the other side and street lights are on.
Cartographer
Cycled back on
Rexter
Yup
JTAG90
AG
Lost power about 40 min ago in Shanendoah..back on....for now
Fleen
It would seem CS is more rolling blackouts whereas BTU is more weather related.
North Oakwood here, out from at least 5am-4pm, on until 530pm and been out since...
J182
AG
Fiancee and I made it in around 3 or so. It was busy, but not the worst I've seen. Shelves were getting bare in some sections.

We still haven't had power at our apt in Bryan. Luckily we have friends with an apt in CS. 30 on, 30 off for power but at least it's enough to make a warm drink and charge phones. We know some people that haven't lost power at all and it's just odd
👽
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Shenandoah out again.

Out for 30 minutes. On for 30 minutes.
Thisguy1
Mom right on the Wheeler Ridge/Tiffany Park line hasn't lost power yet. Dad in the back of Copperfield has lost it a few times. Others I've heard in Tiffany Park and Copperfield have lost it quite a bit. It doesn't make sense.
Ewok It Out08
AG
I get what people are saying about essential services but our situation seems bizarre. We are in CG2, power has been off and on since 2:30 am last night. Power goes out a few minutes ago and I look out our front door and see the street light and houses across the street are all lit up. Text one of the families and they have had zero outages. It's nuts.
OnlyANobody
It looks like there's a widespread outage in Copperfield. (BTU map says 563 since 6:11pm) But there are a handful to maybe a dozen of us with buried lines and we're on. A couple of us are complying, keeping usage way down; not trying to be the biotches with lights.
studioone
Does anybody know if the power is on in millican?
aviationag
AG
As it has done since 6 am and likely earlier, came on at 9:50 pm and off at 10:05. CS -Grand Oaks across from the ALOFT which is all lit up. Beyond fed up.
chickencoupe16
AG
Ewok It Out08 said:

I get what people are saying about essential services but our situation seems bizarre. We are in CG2, power has been off and on since 2:30 am last night. Power goes out a few minutes ago and I look out our front door and see the street light and houses across the street are all lit up. Text one of the families and they have had zero outages. It's nuts.

The line has to be somewhere. We lost power once so we asked our neighbor and she had too. So we went driving. Out of about 30 houses on our circle, only about 5 of us had lost power. Our only guess was that we get power from a different section of the grid since we back up to a main road.

Thinking of everyone without power tonight...
Goose83
AG
Just got over our second 4 hour "rolling" blackout of the day

Enough is enough - Time for someone else to take one for the team, as I've done my part.

Thoughts and prayers to those of you still going without, hope yours come back soon as well.
Ewok It Out08
AG
For sure. It was more a bizarre and unexpected sight in the middle of the neighborhood. It is an annoyance and not ideal but plenty of people are in much worse situations.
OnlyANobody
Is this the coverage area you're looking for?
spike427
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Shenandoah out again.

Exact same. It was on from 6-8, then off until 8:30 and it has cycled every 30 minutes. At least we had a 5 hour stretch this afternoon! We've managed to eat, bathe and charge devices so I can't complain too much. My laundry pile is going to be massive with 6 people and not running large appliances, though.
Goose83
AG
spike427 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Shenandoah out again.

Exact same. It was on from 6-8, then off until 8:30 and it has cycled every 30 minutes. At least we had a 5 hour stretch this afternoon! We've managed to eat, bathe and charge devices so I can't complain too much. My laundry pile is going to be massive with 6 people and not running large appliances, though.
The first rolling blackout lasted about 45 minutes, bu the last two for us have been 4+ hour ordeals.

Guessing that something in the system has gotten screwed up somewhere along the line, and the power isn't coming back on like it should.

Jinx
Thisguy1 said:

Mom right on the Wheeler Ridge/Tiffany Park line hasn't lost power yet. Dad in the back of Copperfield has lost it a few times. Others I've heard in Tiffany Park and Copperfield have lost it quite a bit. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe because we are close to the fire station? Or way longer shot, if the Brazos Center is storing covid vaccines? Either way...
WheelinAg
AG
We had power for a little over an hour around 3pm. Other than thst it's been off since 3ish this morning.
Tailgate88
AG
For your viewing displeasure.

WheelinAg
AG
Yes! Power!
TexAg1987
On in Nantucket. First time since 5:00

TChaney
Finally power, for who knows how long. Been up for maybe 4 hours total since this started.

It's truly a staycation, I get to visit a third world country from the discomfort of my own home.
WheelinAg
AG
1 hour on the dot! Thanks kilowatt Gods!
TexAg1987
I feel blessed. We got an hour and a half.
Goose83
AG
We must be coming up in the world - That last outage only lasted two and a half hours.

Hopefully the third time is the charm, and it stays up for more than an hour this time.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Every 30 freaking minutes

Heads need to roll this is absolutely ridiculous
555-PINF
Out at 3am yesterday and off until 12:30pm. Back off at 7pm and still off. I'm guessing it's in the 30s inside. Currently both toilets supply lines are frozen, so can't flush without a bucket. Have the few remaining non-frozen indoor taps running wide open (barely a trickle), hoping to preserve water supply to the house. It's a losing battle and I feel helpless.
birdman
We had power cycle on twice for total of two hours in the last 24+ hours.
AggieAces06
AG
AggieAces06 said:

AggieAces06 said:

South College Station, but on BTU...

Woke up at 4:30AM to the power coming back on. Outage map said we had been off since 3:00AM. Went out again around 5:00AM. Hopefully it will come back again soon.

Came back on around 7:45. Went off again at 9:40.

We have had a total of 5 hours of power since 3 AM on Monday. We get an hour on then 3 or more off. Last night we lost it again at 7:30 and didn't get anything until about 2:30. Not sure how long it last but probably about an hour or so. Hoping our next hour comes soon.
jeffk
AG
Got about an hour from 1-2 am and it currently back on here in N Bryan off Woodville.
dr_boogs
AG
We are about the same on total hours just a different schedule. We had an hour 4-5 last night then off till 1:30 AM. Off by 2:15. Ours came on again at 7 this AM so hopefully you will get an hour or so shortly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.