Power outages.. report..

45,909 Views | 414 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
According to KBTX, BTU is saying that if you lost power due to an outage and not a rolling blackout, then the power could be off for a couple days. That won't be any good.
J182
AG
Anyone know if HEB or anything is open today?
👽
happyinBCS
HEB opened at noon
BCStalk
Yeah but they have been cleaned out of all meat.
Muzzleblast
N. Grimes County.

I'm on my 5th cycle since 4:15.

Got a message the blackouts will increase in frequency.
Goose83
AG
curry97 said:

I don't understand it either. I know people on both CSU and BTU that haven't lost power at all.
Same here, as I heard from someone down the street that certain streets had power, and while others (like ours), didn't. Assuming it's because we're all on different sub-grids.

Wonder what was caused the problem with the extended outages. Beginning to think that all the jacking around with the rolling blackouts screwed something up that took some time to repair.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Had been cycling every 30-40 minutes here, but now it's not coming on the same intervals. Getting worried it may be done.
Justin2010
AG
katlong said:

5 hours off, one hour on, going on 3 hours off. Not looking good here in west bryan. Wish there was some what to know which places I'd have hope of being restored and what places don't.

We must live close. Same timeline here.
WestTexasAg04
AG
Went to the wellborn heb last night right before they closed at 8pm. Not much meat left. Only a few hamburger and hotdog buns in the bread isle. No eggs, milk or packs of bottled water.
Ewok It Out08
AG
We are in CG2. We lost power starting around 2:30 am. Cycle was on 45 off 15. That's increased since this morning to this last outage was for over an hour. The heater is not keeping up with the current cycle and expect worse this evening.
BCStalk
There are workers everywhere around town right now. I have seen a lot of BTU, Frontier, and City of Bryan trucks. I appreciate what these guys are doing. It's definitely cold outside.
techno-ag
AG
BCStalk said:

There are workers everywhere around town right now. I have seen a lot of BTU, Frontier, and City of Bryan trucks. I appreciate what these guys are doing. It's definitely cold outside.
God bless everybody who has to work outside in this to keep the rest of us warm & online.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Goose83
AG
Justin2010 said:

From a friend that works in the power industry.

I'm not a fan of government intervention, but in the case of a national emergency such as this, this time, maybe they should ($600.00/MMBtu isn't helping anyone right now).

That said, as an out of work Petroleum Landman, it's ironic to see the same people who mocked my colleagues and me as being overpaid fools working in a dying business ("learn to code"), are now the ones freaking out when the shoe is on the other foot).
J182
AG
Might try VM HEB. We haven't had power since about 3a last night. No point in trying to get meat and stuff. Gotta get stuff we don't power for I guess.
👽
Belton Ag
AG
Oaks, power back on for now after 4 1/2 hours. Hoping it stays this way.
thann07
AG
Mission Ranchhad power from 10 am until just now.
WestTexasAg04
AG
I was just looking for some milk for the youngs. And to stock up on some Lone Star beer. I found some milk at the dollar store by the TPW office.
curry97
AG
Had power only 30 minutes that time. On to my 12th blackout since 2 am
ag009
AG
Linda Ln. off Leonard.
curry97
AG
I am starting to think the System Operator's ex lives in my neighborhood. Lol
Rapier108
J182 said:

Might try VM HEB. We haven't had power since about 3a last night. No point in trying to get meat and stuff. Gotta get stuff we don't power for I guess.
It's the only one open in town, and only until 5PM.

Despite the roads, it is probably very busy.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Well, okay then
AG
Power out over 3 hours, Westwood Main west of 2818. Hoping it'll come back on soon.
curry97
AG
Back on. Off for 40 minutes.
Kidwrangler
For those who had power go off in early morming & stay off, how low has the temp fallen? My plan for tonight is to make a sleeping space in the smallest room in the house, maybe even the master closet. I'll
sleep in several layers of clothing, and will pile on as many blankets as I have. I'm wondering if that is enough?

I have no other heating source. The hotel I called said they were experiencing blackouts, too, and are just giving out extra blankets. I'm 69 & slept in unheated rooms as a child, buried under quilts. I'm not sure it ever got down to 4 or 8 degrees, though.
Ewok It Out08
AG
30 minutes and it'll be off again. Getting colder and colder each time.
BCStalk
Try to possibly stay furthest from exterior walls. Use loose coverings and just try to keep doors closed. We grew up without central air and had towels and blankets hung at all windows and doors.
Tom in College Station
We must be on the same grid, curry97.
TexAg1987
We probably had our heater set at 69-70 when we went to bed. Started the rolling blackouts at 2:00a. Went completely out at 4:30a. Came back on about 10:30a. Thermostat said it was 57 in the middle of the house.
My house is pretty tight, but big and open. Others were saying near 50.

Not horrible if you plan for it. Just caught us by surprise.
Builder93
AG
I think you will be fine. Sleeping bags if you have them are great for keeping the heat in. The most discomfort you'll experience will be your face. I will wear a hat to bed if our heat doesn't come back on.
Birddog
AG
Our BTU off since 7am. Around 1:00 it came on and off 3 times over 5 minute span the stayed off. Elderly mom also BTU has been on and off like we were told to expect per blackout.

How do you tell if you have a temp blackout or a true transmission problem. We need to make plan's especially for an 86 yo mom.
MiMi
S
From KBTX: Why it's taking so long for the power to come back on?
curry97
AG
Yes it is getting colder. Decided to get out and enjoy the cold and snow by tubing down my driveway (it is pretty steep).
Well, okay then
AG
Well, okay then said:

Power out over 3 hours, Westwood Main west of 2818. Hoping it'll come back on soon.
Back on, after ~4 hours. Sure appreciating all the utility workers, working under some seriously rough conditions.
Fleen
ForteAg12 said:

I've been without power in North Oakwood since about 8am. We had some rolling blackouts during the night, but it went out for good this morning.

Oakwood here too. We had it come on a couple of times in a 15 min span around 1:00, nothing since...
Rex Racer
AG
Briarcreek Ct was out from 3:00 AM until 10:08 AM. Just went out again. Hope it doesn't last 7 hours this time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.