Power outages.. report..

45,884 Views | 414 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
BucketofBalls99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Power just went out Edelweiss (Rock Prairie/Wellborn)
BluHorseShu
AG
Power has been out since 4am in Memorial Forest off Broadmoor. Rolling blackouts sound nice about now...It's frickin freezing in here Mr. bigglesworth
aggiepaintrain
AG
back on in PC, to save cell battery it will be off at 8am

Heat is cranked to 80!!!
FJB
91_Aggie
AG
Power keeps going in and out. Maybe every 1 to 2 hours
Shenandoah
Maedan86
AG
Been out in Great Oaks since 4am. We cold... ready for some rolling action this way.
new straw
I'm only getting about 10 minutes on to every 2 hours off. If it's rolling, it should be rolling. Not isolated.
momtaxi
This is from my husband about suddenlink.
Just because your power is back on doesn't mean that the main power source for suddenlink's system that feeds your area is. There is battery back up but it only lasts so long and with the cold the battery's won't have a very good charge on them so they probably won't last with all the demand.
TChaney
CS78 said:

Come to find out, the director of BTU lives in my hood. Who knew?

Interesting. Maybe when things warm up a bit it's time for a couple of open records requests.

curry97
AG
My parents live in CS and haven't lost power at all. Same goes for my brother who lives in Wylie.
AggieAces06
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Heat is cranked to 80!!!

I hope you're kidding. This is what is straining the system and causing these outages.
dr_boogs
AG
We are in south CS, Williams creek subdivision. We had the rolling power outages until 4:30 and we've been out since then. Glad to know some folks in BCS still have power. That's a good sign.
BCStalk
Unless he's on a gas furnace.
DeckMe80
BTU outage map shows no outages in Miramont or Traditions. Gee I wonder why. Mine has been off for four hours after rolling outages starting 2 am.
Sleepnumber
AG
DeckMe80 said:

BTU outage map shows no outages in Miramont or Traditions. Gee I wonder why. Mine has been off for four hours after rolling outages starting 2 am.
Was out for over three hours wise ass
aggiepaintrain
AG
AggieAces06 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Heat is cranked to 80!!!

I hope you're kidding. This is what is straining the system and causing these outages.

I have gas there buddy
FJB
TexAg1987
Yeah, same here. Wondering if they forgot to put south CS back in the cycle.
Getting chilly in here. I guess I can live with it for a while, but I would appreciate a bump so my pool equipment can run a bit.
ag009
AG
Been out in west bryan near expo for about 5 hours. Getting cold in our house! Send some of those rolling blackouts our way instead of solid hours of nothing. Ha!
jeffk
AG
Been out continuously since about 3:30 this morning up here in N Bryan. We are all very cold.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Out again in CS. We got 30 minutes, I guess that's the cycle
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

I have gas there buddy

I hope you're kidding. This is what makes the area around Spring Loop smell so bad!
AggieBarstool
aggiepaintrain said:

AggieAces06 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Heat is cranked to 80!!!

I have gas there buddy

Your blower motor works on gas, too? If so, where can I get one?
Chase
AG
AggieBarstool said:

aggiepaintrain said:

AggieAces06 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Heat is cranked to 80!!!

I have gas there buddy

Your blower motor works on gas, too? If so, where can I get one?

If someone's blower motor si the only thing running, then they arent causing the power problem.
curry97
AG
This every hour blackout is BS, and only back on for 30 minutes before it cuts off again
Rex Racer
AG
If this becomes the norm, I am putting in a wood burning stove. My brother-in-law has one that heats his whole house up in the mountains of NC.
Aggie
AG
curry97 said:

This every hour blackout is BS, and only back on for 30 minutes before it cuts off again

Shoot that sounds nice.
Been without power going 4.5 hours.. went out just before 5am.
Kidwrangler
I don't have tv & miss the updates. Has a number been given that one would call to get a ride to a hotel or shelter? I have no other heat source & am concerned about tonight if power goes off for a long time. I live in town (Bryan) but I don't think I could drive safely on these roads.
Smeghead4761
Apparently CSPD is running on backup power.

From the outage map, BTU is down to 19k customers out, from a high of 23k.

Everything off 1179 past Steep Hollow Road has been down since about 2:30 am. I'm sitting in my chair with a blanket over my lap.
aviationag
AG
My neighbor has a CPAP and said that with that alarm and his security system reset, it went off 9 times overnight. I got up at 6:00 and it's been off three times since then. I have a fireplace and plenty of blankets; charge every device when it is on, so I'll be ok. It's my pipes I worry about.

But the fact that our power system can't accommodate this demand, however unique, is disturbing.
AggieAces06
AG
AggieAces06 said:

South College Station, but on BTU...

Woke up at 4:30AM to the power coming back on. Outage map said we had been off since 3:00AM. Went out again around 5:00AM. Hopefully it will come back again soon.

Came back on around 7:45. Went off again at 9:40.
Smeghead4761
aviationag said:

But the fact that our power system can't accommodate this demand, however unique, is disturbing.

It might do better in the summer, but right now the solar panels are covered in snow and ice, and the wind turbines are frozen. Not sure how much of the total supply that is.

And unlike the TVA or up in the PNW, they can't just call up the dam operators and tell them to open it up all the way.
BCStalk
Doesn't help that we had to shut down Big Brown, Sandow, Gibbons, and I don't know how many others.
FlyRod
Burton Creek area. Power went out about half a dozen times, usually 10 minutes, a few at 40. Old uninsulated house so it got cold fast (had therm set at 66). Went to bed in clothes and hat and a ton of blankets. Suddenlink was out when I woke up but back up by 10 (which is a relief when you have a critical virtual meeting today).

My sense is tonight will be worse and this will taper off into Wednesday.
Mathguy64
AG
Copperfield. We went out at 2 for an hour, 4 am for an hour and at 6 it went for 3.5 hours. Came back at 9:30. I'm madly making coffee and grinding beans for the day. Priorities. We have a gas stove and gas fireplace so we can cook and the living room is warm.

I've got 5" on the deck. Our second 5" in three weeks. Crazy.
Tailgate88
AG
Kidwrangler said:

I don't have tv & miss the updates. Has a number been given that one would call to get a ride to a hotel or shelter? I have no other heat source & am concerned about tonight if power goes off for a long time. I live in town (Bryan) but I don't think I could drive safely on these roads.
Call 211 to see if they have any information. If not try Bryan/Brazos County dispatch 979.361.3888. Post back here to let us know if you find a solution.
WheelinAg
AG
I'd really like to know if my area, west of airport, is actually going to come back on anytime soon. I know it's going to come on as soon as I have the generator setup...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.