Found Lab / Heeler Mix (Hearne)

1,441 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chickiepoo
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife brought home a dog that was hanging around the rail yard at her office in Hearne, TX before this weeks hard freeze. He is being sheltered in our garage for the time being. We have posted flyers in/around Hearne, but it is a high likelihood he was abandoned, as I would assume if he was being looked for we would have been contacted during this freeze.

We have shared on Robertson County Lost Pets, reached out to all organizations in the Hearne area as well as Aggieland Humane Society. We have two dogs (which he gets along with) and an 11 month old (also calm around her) but we cannot keep him.

If Aggieland Humane cannot accept him, we will have to take him to Robertson Co. Animal control where he will likely be euthanized. I am assuming he is 5-6 years old.

I've been calling him "Switch" since he was found on the switch tracks at the rail yard.

If anyone here may be interested in him, feel free to reach out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/799842996826225/permalink/2376625025814673/

momlaw
AG
see pm, please
momlaw
wareagle044
momlaw said:

see pm, please

Thank you for the foster/rescue email contact. We will be cognizant of who takes the pup and assure he's not sent to someone who will do him harm. He's laying next to a commercial space heater in his garage hangout that keeps the overall garage temperature a comfortable and dry 50-60*.

We've had him in the house several times and he does very well, but are cautious with him around our baby for long periods due to unknowns surrounding his vaccinations.

I gave him a bath on Thursday afternoon. He was dirty but not so much that he seemed to have been "on the road" for weeks. He's a healthy weight and his teeth look good. He's un-neutered and seems to have been a "farm dog" as he's pretty good off a leash.
momlaw
AG
He's fortunate to have your family's care.
I added a second email address, she is monitoring it.
momlaw
wareagle044
momlaw said:

He's fortunate to have your family's care.
I added a second email address, she is monitoring it.

Thanks. Also if anyone is willing to share the Facebook post maybe there is an owner out there somewhere that is missing him. I told my wife that if anyone was actively looking for him there's no way we would have made it to this freeze without them finding the posts and flyers she's made.
momlaw
AG
Is the FB post on Brazos Lost and Found Pets?
That page is quite successful with reunifications.

Edited to add: even in surrounding counties.
momlaw
wareagle044
momlaw said:

Is the FB post on Brazos Lost and Found Pets?
That page is quite successful with reunifications.

Edited to add: even in surrounding counties.

Only on Robertson. I'll have my wife share on Brazos as well. She's got it on several lost dog websites that she uses but don't know which specifically
BaitShack
AG
You might try pawboost.com
wareagle044
Covered him up after taking him out before bed. He wasn't quite sure what I was doing, but think he's enjoying it now
Alte Schule
God blesses those who care for the sick, lame and unwanted.
wareagle044
He's good with our daughter. I really don't want to have to take him to the pound but we can't keep him. We don't have a fenced property, but he'd make a good family friend for someone
chickiepoo
AG
What about HOPE Rescue Center in Hearne? http://hoperescuecenter.com/contact_us
Thank you for taking in the pup and giving him food and shelter during this time.
wareagle044
chickiepoo said:

What about HOPE Rescue Center in Hearne? http://hoperescuecenter.com/contact_us
Thank you for taking in the pup and giving him food and shelter during this time.

None of the rescues in Hearne have space for him nor does Aggieland Humane Society. I believe it was HOPE that doesn't take strays at all.

We would keep him, but he loves being outside so much that I can't keep him contained with the nicer weather coming up
chickiepoo
AG
Thanks for the update. I wish we could take him - we have a 14+ year old lab mix that likes being an "only child" right now. Hopefully someone can give him a more permanent home or even foster. Again, thanks for taking him in.
wareagle044
Sent him to a foster this evening and he has been approved to travel to a rescue in Oregon.
Counterpoint
AG
wareagle044 said:

Sent him to a foster this evening and he has been approved to travel to a rescue in Oregon.
chickiepoo
AG
This is great news! Thanks for the update.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.