USPS

14,024 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by WolfCall
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am getting really tired of them and their lack of even caring to provide service. We are the absolute last stop of their daily route. If they run behind at all, we don't get mail. If it is a package, they just mark it no access to the front door or mailbox. We may go three or four days in a row waiting on a package. I can't even go to the post office to pick it up because it is already placed on a truck for the next day's delivery which may never happen.

After discussion with the local and regional postmasters, they have made it clear that nothing will change. Their entire oversight process is internal and I can't figure out any way to actually get anyone's attention in the chain of command.

threecatcorner
That's ridiculous. You shouldn't have to, but is there any way to tell the local post office to hold all packages so you can at least pick them up yourself?
UhOhNoAgTag
Good luck. Have had multiple issues. Packages sent back to Amazon and mail order prescriptions lost. Phone number stays constantly busy.
Sleepnumber
AG
The postal service in this area is atrocious. It's impossible to get a straight answer or explanation on anything! Exhibit A of worthless government employees.
rc_cat
We had a couple of deliveries not made due to "reasons" - my favorite was "animal interference". Other than a couple of stray cats who run if you look their way - there are no animals to interfere with anyone.

Our last two deliveries have been made either really late - after 8 pm - or really early - before 8 am - they're at the front door when leaving for work. Weird stuff.
TRIPLE 7
AG
Many cases of no mail on Saturday and/or Mondays. Next day after "no mail" in box, the mail box is jammed full and i mean jammed! BTW we receive, or did, a bunch of mail EVERY DAY.

I was told my mail is sometimes delivered, "after 7:30!" To which I replied, I checked my empty box at 10:30 PM!

Have been told by interim supervisor, "it can't happen"!

Have also been told that previous Manager is no longer here. And, the replacement manager has not arrived?

Sometime is very wrong with the USPS delivery system, "Right here in RIVER CITY!" ....Bryan/College Station
trouble
AG
Are most of y'all in College Station or Bryan?

I rarely have an issue in Bryan and if I do, it's on my regular carrier's day off.
tmaggies
AG
I regularly get my neighbors mail and live in rural Austin County.......problem is everywhere. Called post office and told just write wrong address on mail. That hasn't fixed the problem either.
TRIPLE 7
AG
USPS BAD IN BRYAN!
laavispa
I'm not sure it is just a local issue. I keep getting notices from credit card companies that "due to lengthy delivery times" they encourage using electronic banking.

I have noted 1st class mail delivery taking as long as 30days to reach me from the east coast.

BVMom
When I come into the post office with a bag of packages (10 at the most), one of the ladies likes to say "another endless bag of packages". This is getting old. I believe this is her job.
K2T2
I dunno know what neighborhoods you guys are in, but my mail is consistent, and my regular mail guy is great. He and my dog are great friends.
MisterShipWreck
It may be worth getting a PO Box, if you are having those kind of issues. I know it sucks. They keep going up in price, too.

I got one around 2006, because the local mail guy kept messing things up - and after complaining 2x, nothing ever changed.

It sucks I have to pay over $100 a year now, for the box.

But on the plus side - when I move, I never have to change my address
GeographyAg
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

It may be worth getting a PO Box, if you are having those kind of issues. I know it sucks. They keep going up in price, too.

I got one around 2006, because the local mail guy kept messing things up - and after complaining 2x, nothing ever changed.

It sucks I have to pay over $100 a year now, for the box.

But on the plus side - when I move, I never have to change my address
I was wondering about a PO Box or possibly using a UPS store or something like that. We don't live in CS yet, but we own property there and plan to build in a few years. It worries me to think I couldn't get my mail on a regular basis, especially my Amazon packages. lol

Our daughter lives in a new neighborhood in CS and has no problems getting her mail, but some of her neighbors complain.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
agfan2013
AG
I live in a neighborhood that has similar street names. Same house numbers for multiple streets. Get wrong mail and get my mail delivered to the other houses. All. The. Time. but to be fair fedex and ups has done it too, usps is just the worst offender.

Have thought about going the PO box route, but just havent committed to it.
histag10
AG
trouble said:

I rarely have an issue in Bryan and if I do, it's on my regular carrier's day off.

That's what Im wondering. I live on a rural route north of Bryan and never have issues.
FlyRod
At least in my part of Bryan, service is great. Our carrier even tried to track down a package thief a few years ago.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Our mail lady for our office is amazing. We have weird office hours and she works her route around making sure she can get to us at the right time. We often ship stuff in the afternoons and she'll come back if she's already delivered.

I got a PO Box back in 2010 or so and I've had one no matter where I lived ever since. I love them. I check it twice a week or so. I know my mail will always be safe, dry, and packages are locked in lockers until I can get to them.
Smeghead4761
histag10 said:

trouble said:

That's what Im wondering. I live on a rural route north of Bryan and never have issues.

Same. I'm on a rural route east of Bryan. The only times I've had issues with items being delayed was because they were getting hung up at the hub in Houston. Last time it happened, the item was stuck in North Houston for I think 5 days.
techno-ag
AG
PO box and consider using Amazon delivery boxes.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
BVMom
We have a PO Box for our business. A couple of years ago they placed one of our checks in the wrong box. Some guy cashed the check. He would not return the money. Postmaster told us to report to the police. They talked to him and his mother to no avail. Nothing could be done because he signed it with his real name. No fraud was commented.
threecatcorner
Just got a note on Amazon that a package which was supposedly being delivered today by USPS is instead "ready for pick up" from the post office which isn't even open today.

The earlier tracking claimed it was "out for delivery" around 6 AM.

Delivery was definitely NOT attempted.

I'm also not driving up to the post office to pick it up. If the weather was too bad for the mailman to drive in, I'm not going up there. I'd rather they bring it whenever they're next doing deliveries (probably tomorrow, but who knows).

There's something to "contact" the delivery service (post office), but it's just the 800 number that they won't be answering on the weekend.

Also, if they brought it back to the post office and it's "ready to pick up", that sounds like taking it off the truck so if I say bring it here instead, it's not going to be Monday.

At the time they supposedly attempted delivery, I was sitting across from the front door. There has not been anyone outside.

Our street isn't bad, but I don't know about by the post office or wherever the mailman would be coming from. Seems like if they decide to not try (possibly for legit weather/driving reasons), it should say "delivery delayed due to weather" instead of "delivery attempted".
meinkee
We live in. NE Brazos and our mailman, Abe, is excellent. Since covid the volume of trash mail has decreased significantly and we have no mail some days due to that. No problems receiving first class on time.
Our Amazon package was supposed to be delivered today too via USPS. We were home. Nothing wrong with front door or side door where driveway leads. I got an email message and went outside right away to see if there was an iceberg forming or some such. Nope. Nothing wrong. Cold but no ice. So I call bs on the "attempt" as it did not happen. Perhaps someone drove down the street but no one made an attempt to leave their vehicle.

2:44 PM
Delivery attempted - Front door / Driveway was not accessible
College Station, TX US
91_Aggie
AG
They are definitely "cooking the books" to make it look like they are meeting the delivery Service Levels they promised Amazon.
threecatcorner
Did yours also say it's at the post office waiting for you to come pick it up instead of just reattempting delivery the next day?

I ordered from Amazon instead of Target in the first place because Amazon said Sunday delivery and Target said Tuesday. I think Target uses the post office too so it probably doesn't make any difference.
cinag83
We also were supposed to receive an Amazon package today. We got the same message. Funny that it was at nearly the same time.

February 14
2:45 PM
Delivery attempted - Front door / Driveway was not accessible
Bryan, TX US
Bunk Moreland
EDIT:

Their system was messed up and I finally got my delivery yesterday (2/18).
Sailor
Like how our government handles mail? Now just imagine they are in charge of your healthcare.
75AG
AG
Sailor said:

Like how our government handles mail? Now just imagine they are in charge of your healthcare.
Yeah, that Medicare really sucks. This is such an old and tired statement.
threecatcorner
I called the number that Amazon lists as USPS contact info and entered the tracking number that Amazon showed me.

Website is just inaccurate. The phone message said that delivery was unable to be attempted due to hazardous conditions and that delivery will be reattempted on the next business day.

They are closed today. I think Presidents' Day is a postal holiday that they close for each year.

Pretty sure anything that was supposed to be delivered Saturday night or any time Sunday, they either said they delivered or said they couldn't, and went ahead and took off for their holiday.

Weather and road conditions weren't bad at my home yesterday afternoon. I don't know about any roads the mailman would've needed to take to get to my street.
aggiemom89
Does anyone know when mail is going to start being delivered again? Unable to find 778 update on the USPS website service alerts.
halibut sinclair
aggiemom89 said:

Does anyone know when mail is going to start being delivered again? Unable to find 778 update on the USPS website service alerts.
We received an Informed Delivery email today for the first time this week.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Received Amazon mail yesterday
trouble
AG
halibut sinclair said:

aggiemom89 said:

We received an Informed Delivery email today for the first time this week.

Same.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.