USPS

14,175 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by WolfCall
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice out for them, ain't it. "You have mail coming soon - today, tomorrow, next week. Whenever we get around to it".
FlyRod
Blaming mail carriers is like blaming the server at a restaurant. Yes there are poor performing ones. But USPS like restaurants run on complex chains of command. We suffered disruptions when people who were NOT carriers decided to muck with the big post office in Bryan and have stuff rerouted through Houston (remember how fun that was during Harvey?) In addition, USPS has had serious and ongoing issues including delivery delays due to the current Postmaster General. Lots of targets to blame besides the carriers.
75AG
AG
FlyRod said:

Blaming mail carriers is like blaming the server at a restaurant. Yes there are poor performing ones. But USPS like restaurants run on complex chains of command. We suffered disruptions when people who were NOT carriers decided to muck with the big post office in Bryan and have stuff rerouted through Houston (remember how fun that was during Harvey?) In addition, USPS has had serious and ongoing issues including delivery delays due to the current Postmaster General. Lots of targets to blame besides the carriers.
When my USPS lady is too lazy to get out of her truck (or drive into my driveway) and leaves my packages ON TOP of my mailbox, that's approaching poor performance. To continue the comparison, that like my waiter leaving my food at the front door of the restaurant.
trouble
AG
And should absolutely be reported every time. Get a picture and report it through the website. It's a pain in the rear and takes a while to get a response but it needs to be documented every time.

Y'all all know how hard it is to reprimand and fire government employees.
75AG
AG
Reported to CS USPS. Heard nothing. Almost every house on the street. **edited to add the by HOA rules, every mailbox must have a cubby in the back for packages.**

Sailor
75AG said:

Sailor said:

Like how our government handles mail? Now just imagine they are in charge of your healthcare.
Yeah, that Medicare really sucks. This is such an old and tired statement
You on Medicare? My elderly parents are. Guess what? They have to pay for supplemental insurance because Medicare sucks. Just like the USPS.

Retirement for those of us that are under 55? That money is long gone after government took it and used it for other things. "Unfunded liabilities". It's coming. So that my statement may be old and tired to you but it is real and based in fact whether you like it or not.
trouble
AG
Local offices don't care. They just don't. Gotta file it up the chain.
75AG
AG
What do your parents pay for their supplement? I'm guessing it's significantly less than what they paid for individual or their copay under employer-provided insurance. I'll reiterate since I'm 1 year away from joining the Medicare team, I've met very few people who don't like their Medicare benefits.
Sleepnumber
AG
No mail either Friday or Saturday. Friday should not have been a problem for residential delivery; and today was perfect. These people have no shame. Oh yes, they're government employees---they're shameless.
Fleen
Just had our mail delivered. (Showed to be arriving yesterday on the app.)
jeffk
AG
Got a random package via USPS yesterday that had been marked as lost by Amazon almost 10 days ago.
Smeghead4761
Regular mail seems to have resumed as of yesterday, with the arrival of the weekly grocery flyers, plus two mortgage re-fi offers. A USPS package actually came on Friday.

Still getting Exception Notices on two UPS packages citing weather delays.
frito bandito
BVMom said:

We have a PO Box for our business. A couple of years ago they placed one of our checks in the wrong box. Some guy cashed the check. He would not return the money. Postmaster told us to report to the police. They talked to him and his mother to no avail. Nothing could be done because he signed it with his real name. No fraud was commented.
He endorsed your check with his name? That is a forged endorsement; which is a legal reason to return the check to the maker's bank. Depending on the amount of the check, it could have been a state felony. You would have gotten your money back.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
My turn. They listed a package yesterday as "out for delivery." Never showed up.

Today it was still "out for delivery" and then it said "delivered" and noted it was in the mailbox. No surprise the mailbox was empty when I got home. It'll probably show up Friday. Freaking worthless. I fully expected delays due to weather, but don't say it's been delivered when it hasn't!
carodz
AG
This has happened to us three times in the last two weeks, including today.
UhOhNoAgTag
My 2 packages show as delivered on February 12 and 13 "in mailbox". I never got them. Where does mail go if they don't deliver? Nobody ever answers at CS PO. Both vendors gave been exceptional and given me refunds even though I told them not to.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Nobody ever answers at CS PO
I've gone to the CS PO and shown them the (not) delivery notices. The last time it happened, I was told that the carrier 'mis-entered' the delivery information. It wasn't that there was no access to the delivery location, but that the package was put in the wrong carrier's vehicle. I received it the next day.
maroon barchetta
Found this existing thread on a search instead of starting a new one.

We didn't get a water bill last month or this month. Called the water supplier and they said ours was returned as delivered to wrong address.

They said a BUNCH of water bills were returned this month.

I logged in and paid my water bill last month as usual even without a paper bill in the mail because I know when it is due each month, but this is ridiculous.

USPS can't even be bothered to deliver water bills anymore. At least we got mail two or three days this week.

Of course, one day it was our neighbor's mail. No idea who got ours.
JP76
My mom mailed checks for 2 bills in Bryan on Feb 7. As of yesterday neither one still hasn't been received. She also had this happen with 2 different BTU bills mailed back in the summer.
histag10
AG
I've missed several days of mail in the last 2 weeks that informed delivery had items listed. In fact, I'm missing an important document I had been waiting on for an insurance claim
maroon barchetta
histag10 said:

I've missed several days of mail in the last 2 weeks that informed delivery had items listed. In fact, I'm missing an important document I had been waiting on for an insurance claim

They can't be bothered.

They are busy blasting down the road on an all-day cell phone call.
halibut sinclair
JP76 said:

My mom mailed checks for 2 bills in Bryan on Feb 7. As of yesterday neither one still hasn't been received. She also had this happen with 2 different BTU bills mailed back in the summer.

If she put them in the outside drop box at the main post office in Bryan, they may have been stolen. It's been happening a LOT.
woodiewood1
They should pay me as I do their job. I end up delivering my neighbors mail put in my box three to four times a month.
maroon barchetta
woodiewood1 said:

They should pay me as I do their job. I end up delivering my neighbors mail put in my box three to four times a month.

Ditto
maroon barchetta
We have a P.O. Box. Most of our more serious mail goes there since our mail delivery
to the house is erratic.

In our P.O. Box this week: an official document (looks like) from the VA for a guy that is not named anything close to anyone in our family.

Same box number.

Wrong city. Wrong zip code.

Try taking it to Snook, USPS. That's what it says on the address line.
woodiewood1
TRIPLE 7 said:

Many cases of no mail on Saturday and/or Mondays. Next day after "no mail" in box, the mail box is jammed full and i mean jammed! BTW we receive, or did, a bunch of mail EVERY DAY.

I was told my mail is sometimes delivered, "after 7:30!" To which I replied, I checked my empty box at 10:30 PM!

Have been told by interim supervisor, "it can't happen"!

Have also been told that previous Manager is no longer here. And, the replacement manager has not arrived?

Sometime is very wrong with the USPS delivery system, "Right here in RIVER CITY!" ....Bryan/College Station
Yep, we seldom get mail on Satudays or Mondays and Tuesdays is overflowing. Doesn't bother me too much as most everything I get of value is sent vial UPS or FedEx. 99.9% of the mail is political or advertisements or jury duty annoncements.
keo1
AG
I have had the same thing happen at Bryan post office. Also I rarely get mail on Saturdays in my PO Box. USPS is a joke
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
Hornbeck
Yes. If they wanted folks to show up for jury summons, they'd use certified mail.
75AG
AG
I have to say, after the change, we are getting mail daily. Amazon shipments are showing up on time. Our mail is generally delivered at the same time each day.

I'm starting the think the big problem was with the CS PO.
maroon barchetta
Was surprised to see this in the parking lot where Anytime Fitness, Myra's, Gold and Coin Exchange,
Sign Pros, Thorne Music, etc. are located.

I thought all the mailboxes had been pulled due to theft.

halibut sinclair
Cool
trouble
AG
As far as I know, there's still one in the Tejas center
oklaunion
Out here near Wellborn, many of us didn't get mail delivered until Friday. Informed Delivery piled up from Monday.
maroon barchetta
I signed up for informed delivery.

Have yet to get notified on anything.

Met a new neighbor last week. She was walking mail down the street to four other houses since the postal carrier put five different sets of mail into one box.

Why make five stops when you can just make one?
AggiePhil
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Was surprised to see this in the parking lot where Anytime Fitness, Myra's, Gold and Coin Exchange,
Sign Pros, Thorne Music, etc. are located.

I thought all the mailboxes had been pulled due to theft.

Not all, no. Ironically, mostly just the ones outside the POs themselves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.