USPS

14,169 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by WolfCall
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
K2T2 said:

I dunno know what neighborhoods you guys are in, but my mail is consistent, and my regular mail guy is great. He and my dog are great friends.

Same. Lived in BCS for almost 20 years with ZERO mail delivery issues.

What the heck are y'all receiving that makes mail delivery such a big deal? Opt out of junk, sign up for e-delivery of bills, and pay a few bucks extra for Amazon to use FedEx/UPS. Problem solved?
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool said:

What the heck are y'all receiving that makes mail delivery such a big deal? Opt out of junk, sign up for e-delivery of bills, and pay a few bucks extra for Amazon to use FedEx/UPS. Problem solved?
BS. The mail should be delivered in a consistent and timely fashion, no matter what type of things I opt in or out of.
AggieBarstool
halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

BS. The mail should be delivered in a consistent and timely fashion, no matter what type of things I opt in or out of.

I don't disagree.

Power delivery to Texas consumers SHOULD have been consistent. I SHOULD have been able to keep my house warm this week. I SHOULD have access to clean, running water without the worry about having to boil. But you know what - I prepared and made plans so I could live through it.

Expectation and reality don't always line up. When that happens, you can either, a) Do something to proactively improve your situation, or b) Suffer through and complain. I know which one I prefer.
halibut sinclair
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

It's inscribed in stone on the main post office building in New York City.
Smeghead4761
FedEx delivered a package to my house yesterday (E Brazos county, off 1179).

USPS did not deliver my expected offers to refinance my VA mortgage, nor the regularly scheduled information about my car's extended warranty.
b0ridi
halibut sinclair said:

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

It's inscribed in stone on the main post office building in New York City.
halibut sinclair
I know, right??

None of those action items Mr. Barstool listed will help one iota if you have an apathetic and/or lazy mail carrier, such as Newman.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I haven't gotten mail all week which is understandable, but they've marked 2 packages as "delivered to mailbox" and I have not seen them.
doubledog
MsDoubleD81 said:

I haven't gotten mail all week which is understandable, but they've marked 2 packages as "delivered to mailbox" and I have not seen them.
No junk mail for a week. Got to count for something.
threecatcorner
Our mail was delivered yesterday. We had an Amazon package that supposedly couldn't be delivered Sunday (road here was fine Sunday afternoon when they claimed they couldn't deliver) and was finally delivered yesterday (when road was definitely icier).

Luckily, I looked up the USPS tracking knee and listened to phone message to know that they did not attempt delivery Sunday (due to weather) and would bring it on the next day that they were delivering. Amazon's tracking info told me that delivery was attempted (made it sound like unable to based on my porch or that we weren't home or something) and said it's being held at the post office, go pick it up. If I'd believed that and tried to go up there (they're never open Sunday and were already closed Monday because of Presidents Day and pretty sure closed next 2 days due to weather) and found them closed (or day after and item wasn't there because it was on their truck), I'd have been really mad.
MsDoubleD81
AG
They've got $300 worth of my packages they are claiming they delivered.
TRIPLE 7
AG
We have received no mail for a week!? Even at it's worse the ice would not have stopped anyone from reaching our mailbox!!!???

"Neither rain, nor sleet, nor hail, shall stop the US MAIL"!?? ....INCOMPETENCE WILL!
trouble
AG
Never mind that letter carriers are real people too.

Who may have been without power and water. Who also have families they were trying to take care of.

So maybe your road was okay but maybe it wasn't safe for them to get to work. Maybe there was no power at the post office.

There's very few mail items that could possibly be worth risking someone else's health or life over.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I am ok with no mail this week (including the packages). But they shouldn't process them as "delivered, left in mailbox". Both vendors show that I've received them and I haven't.
dallasiteinsa02
I am fine with no mail this week. That is understandable. Just don't lie during the good weather about "mailbox not accessible."
trouble
AG
I completely agree with that. I always know when it's my carrier's day off because something will get marked as delivered and it's either still on the truck or at one of the neighbors.
trouble
AG
That's just laziness by whomever scanned it. They should have entered weather as the reason but in general, people will pick the first option that shows up.
BQ_90
AG
got mail today along with amazon package that was supposed to be delivered Monday
MsDoubleD81
AG
Couple pieces of mail today. No packages that were marked delivered last Friday and Saturday.
trouble
AG
I got both packages Amazon had marked as "delayed".
Abbyag06
That is fine for the Northern States that have delivery drivers that are equipped and trained to travel in winter weather. Most Texans are not and for us to assume they can deliver because we "need our mail" is juvenile. The trucks here do not have preparations for driving on ice and putting their lives in danger instead of waiting 4 or 5 days is not something we should ask of them. They are people too and I think 99.9% of us can wait a few extra days for mail and packages under these circumstances. And I would like to thank all delivery workers for being out there in this weather instead of staying home, safe, warm and toasty with their families. As well as the utility workers that have been out in below freezing weather all week trying to keep us all warm and with running water. You are heroes in my book!
We got our delayed Amazon package today. Spoke to mail carrier. They said no mail was delivered to College Station from Houston distribution center so they were just delivering stuff that had not been delivered from before storm. Was not sure when normal mail deliveries would resume as Houston centers are in distress.
oklaunion
Ordered a horse trough electric de-icer last Thursday. Supposed to be 2 day delivery. Showed up in CS Post Office on the tracking system early Saturday morning. No attempt to deliver that day. Got Informed Delivery heads up it would be delivered Sunday. Got notice they tried delivery but no one home (it would fit into my mailbox easily). Nothing Monday. Nothing Tuesday. Nothing Wednesday. Nothing Thursday until 7pm when we got notice it was left at, not in, our mailbox. Sure enough in the dark went down and there is was in the road.

Sure would have saved me a lot of ice chopping this week. Maybe next time.
TRIPLE 7
AG
Yes they are people and we are people who need our medicine shown on USPS E mail 5 days ago!
Smeghead4761
USPS didn't make it to my house again today. Did see FedEx on my road, but not delivering to me.
George Costanza
Cosmo Kramer?
75AG
AG
Had mail held two weeks ago while out of town to be delivered on Friday 2/12. No mail delivered then and no mail delivered since.
halibut sinclair
Informed Delivery email Friday showing mail on the way. Never showed up. The roads were not bad yesterday.

Yes, they are people too, as a couple of folks have mentioned. However, this is a job they signed up for.
trouble
AG
Informed delivery is scanned at the north Houston distribution center. That's why it's not always in your mailbox the same day you get the email.

The trucks haven't been coming from Houston so some things we've gotten emails about aren't even at the local post office yet.
halibut sinclair
trouble said:

Informed delivery is scanned at the north Houston distribution center. That's why it's not always in your mailbox the same day you get the email.

The trucks haven't been coming from Houston so some things we've gotten emails about aren't even at the local post office yet.
That's stupid.
trouble
AG
halibut sinclair said:

trouble said:

That's stupid.

That's where it's all scanned and sorted. If we still had local sorting in Bryan, it might happen here instead.
halibut sinclair
trouble said:

halibut sinclair said:

trouble said:

That's stupid.

That's where it's all scanned and sorted. If we still had local sorting in Bryan, it might happen here instead.
I know all about the Houston distribution center, etc. However, if I get an email saying that I have this piece of mail coming today, then I should get that piece of mail. Not gonna be a USPS apologist.
MiMi
S
The fine print at the bottom of the Informed Delivery emails:
Quote:

Mail may arrive several days after you receive this notification. Please allow up to a week for delivery before reporting missing mail.
trouble
AG
You should probably read the email better.
trouble
AG
MiMi said:

The fine print at the bottom of the Informed Delivery emails:
Quote:

Mail may arrive several days after you receive this notification. Please allow up to a week for delivery before reporting missing mail.

And the top says "coming to your mailbox soon" not today, just soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.