2 questions about buying new bikes

2,242 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_95
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are interested in upgrading from our Wal Mart Specials. I think we'll go with a hybrid or street bike. Curious about two things:
1) What's the best place to buy locally?
2) Will there even be any bikes available? (I keep hearing that everyone is sold out.)

TIA!
AggieBaseball06
AG
Bike Barn might be your best bet. Some of the local bike shops tend to push higher end bikes.

I did the same thing yall did this past summer and I ended up having to go to Austin to get it, but I was looking for a specific model of Trek bikes.
jeffk
AG
Supply on hand at all the local places is very limited and there's not much hope of them getting more in in the near future (according to the owner at Roosters a couple of weeks ago).
Aggie_95
AG
Txmoe said:

Wife and I are interested in upgrading from our Wal Mart Specials. I think we'll go with a hybrid or street bike. Curious about two things:
1) What's the best place to buy locally?
2) Will there even be any bikes available? (I keep hearing that everyone is sold out.)

TIA!
If you need someone to take the walmart specials off your hands, let me know.
Nealthedestroyer
AG
If you're interested in a decent used mountain bike i have a Specialized Rockhopper for sale in BCS. Size 19.
Vae Victis
befitter
Aggieland Cycling.
Txmoe
AG
Just closing the loop on this thread. I managed to find a couple of Marin bikes at Rooster's Bike Shop (in front of Hurricane Harry's, where Cop Hop used to be). Guy named Jason bought the business from the guy who'd been there for years. Seems like a nice guy and we're happy with the bikes. Thanks again for the advice!

Aggie_95 let me know if you're still interested in the old bikes.

Aggie_95
AG
Txmoe said:

Just closing the loop on this thread. I managed to find a couple of Marin bikes at Rooster's Bike Shop (in front of Hurricane Harry's, where Cop Hop used to be). Guy named Jason bought the business from the guy who'd been there for years. Seems like a nice guy and we're happy with the bikes. Thanks again for the advice!

Txmoe,

Yes I am still interested. how is the best way to get ahold of you?
Tim Weaver
Roosters is a cool place! Great coffee as well!
Horn_in_Aggieland
I'd be curious to hear more opinions on the various bike shops in towns: Bike Barn, Aggieland Cycling, Roosters. Why would you choose one over another? It looks like each shop deals different brand bikes (according to the websites).
Broncos
Since it appears a few of you have recently been in the market, how was the inventory at the local bike shops?
Tim Weaver
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

I'd be curious to hear more opinions on the various bike shops in towns: Bike Barn, Aggieland Cycling, Roosters. Why would you choose one over another? It looks like each shop deals different brand bikes (according to the websites).
Well, you kinda nailed it. Each shop will have it's own line of bike brands. They will all tend to have the same or similar accessory brands.

So if you want a particular brand of bike you'll need to go to that brand's dealer.

Bike Barn is a large chain. If that matters to you. Aggieland is locally owned has been around here a long time and has supported the A&M cycling team, although I don't think that's the case anymore.

Roosters is new and locally owned. This is more of a coffeeshop/hangout spot that also sells bikes and will have skateboard stuff. Cool owners.
Txmoe
AG
Aggie_95 said:

Tx said:

Txmoe,

Aggie_95, shoot me an email at bobbybob1234(at)zohomail(dot)com
Aggie_95
AG
Txmoe said:

Aggie_95 said:

Tx said:

Txmoe,

email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.