Saddle Creek ISP

2,805 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BulldAg99
BulldAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone live in Saddle Creek? Curious to hear about internet service experience. I've heard the only options are Hughes Net and CEO, which I see gets terrible reviews. My parents have Hughes and their speeds aren't near sufficient enough for my work video conference needs. Thanks!
Fishing Fools
HughesNet will drive you to drink.

CEO is very good. Not perfect. But very good. Good people that speak good English.
AggieRxDealer
AG
CEO fiber has been great for us
deh40
AG
CEO fiber has actually been pretty good after they got a few start up issues ironed out
BulldAg99
AG
Thanks for the replies. I've read a lot of reviews online mentioning frequent / extended outages pertaining to CEO's service. Anyone experienced that? And what's the typical MBPS speed from their service? I'm trying to compare it to my current 1GB service from AT&T that typically performs at 400 MBPS+ over a wireless connection. Thx!
BrazosWifi
BulldAg99 said:

Thanks for the replies. I've read a lot of reviews online mentioning frequent / extended outages pertaining to CEO's service. Anyone experienced that? And what's the typical MBPS speed from their service? I'm trying to compare it to my current 1GB service from AT&T that typically performs at 400 MBPS+ over a wireless connection. Thx!
I'm not with CEO but I can speak to the service.

Their fiber service (which is in Saddle Creek) is good. I can't speak to speeds but I would expect similar performance.

Most of the reviews on CEO are referencing their wireless service which is spotty due to a number of issues which I won't go into publicly since we are competitors in some areas.

I have friends on CEOs fiber service and are happy with everything except the price which they feel is a bit too high.

In Saddle Creek, it is a no-brainer. Take the fiber, ignore the wireless and satellite options, they are not near as good.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
BulldAg99
AG
BrazosWifi said:

BulldAg99 said:

I'm not with CEO but I can speak to the service.

Their fiber service (which is in Saddle Creek) is good. I can't speak to speeds but I would expect similar performance.

Most of the reviews on CEO are referencing their wireless service which is spotty due to a number of issues which I won't go into publicly since we are competitors in some areas.

I have friends on CEOs fiber service and are happy with everything except the price which they feel is a bit too high.

In Saddle Creek, it is a no-brainer. Take the fiber, ignore the wireless and satellite options, they are not near as good.

Thank you!!
Sailor
I live in SC and have their gigabit fiber. Speeds are excellent, about 80% of posted bandwidth during most speedtests. As noted in posts above, they did have a few issues to iron out once they rolled out the fiber, but they have taken care of those.

You should have no concern with the fiber.
BulldAg99
AG
Sailor said:

I live in SC and have their gigabit fiber. Speeds are excellent, about 80% of posted bandwidth during most speedtests. As noted in posts above, they did have a few issues to iron out once they rolled out the fiber, but they have taken care of those.

You should have no concern with the fiber.

Thank you Sailor!!
EriktheRed
AG
another Saddle Creek resident here. We have been very pleased with CEO fiber. I would recommend to anyone!
BulldAg99
AG
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We have a contract on a lot, so looking forward to being new residents of the neighborhood!
EriktheRed
AG
end of a cul-de-sac by any chance?
BulldAg99
AG
Yep!
EriktheRed
AG
welcome to the hood, neighbor
BulldAg99
AG
EriktheRed said:

welcome to the hood, neighbor
I appreciate it!! I can't PM you, so would you mind passing along your email in case I have any questions?
EriktheRed
AG
i dont have an email without my name in it, do you have one? obviously i am mostly a TA lurker...
BulldAg99
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.