Septic maintenance contract

2,408 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by spicyitalian
taxpreparer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this has been posted before, but it has been a while.

The county has notified us our contract has expired and the installer who had the contract has been unresponsive. Who do you recommend?
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
agdad01
I use A-Tex , Jay Porter 281-541-9564. Very reasonable and responsive.
LOYAL AG
AG
Heath's backhoe Service.
(979) 777-3759

He's had mine since the beginning except those couple of years I used the guy that did your system. When they became unresponsive to me I went back to him.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
histag10
AG
We use Christian Wastewater. Their office is in Conroe, but the guy lives locally. We have been really pleased with them.
taxpreparer
AG
Loyal Ag, how often do you find yourself stuck doing business with someone for no other reason than they are your client? Or in this case, subcontractor?
GSS
So will Brazos county bureaucrats leave you alone, when you become smarter than them?

OSSF (On-site Sewage Facility) training

It's a misnomer to call most aerobic maintenance plans "maintenance"....have something go wrong, and see how much maintenance is covered.

None currently scheduled locally, but this is geared directly towards the homeowner..
Agrilife aerobic maintenance class
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Tailgate88
AG
+1 Heath. They have taken good care of us for the past 20 years.
RDH80
AG
A-Tex
Abbyag06
Another vote for Heath Backhoe. They are very responsive when we have issues.
Country Bumpkin 3
What is the going rate now days I pay $350 a year for them to come out and walk around the house and send a piece of paper to whoever
nthomas99
AG
-1 on Heath.

Good people to chat with, and I will say the've been responsive and come regularly for the maintenance checks, but my experience says if you need real issues addressed, you're out of luck.

They just put the *6th* pump in my 4 year-old system that they installed (see my post from April the last time it broke), and when pressed again when I said "hey let's get to the root cause of this to make both our lives easier" he just shrugged his shoulders and literally said "maybe we'll have better luck this time".

I won't be renewing my contract with them. I had a great phone call with Jordan @ All American (recommended here) who took 10-15 minutes to talk with me (even though I'm not a customer yet) and listed 5+ possibilities for the root cause. Likely will be moving forward with him.
BrazosDog02
AG
I've personally rebuilt my pump three times over the last ten years because a new one is over $400. They wear out and the diaphragms are about 20 bucks a set. These things run 24/7/365. Are you having quality pumps put in like CajunAire? I've never had a maintenance company rebuild mine. They always wanted to replace it which I won't pay for.
nthomas99
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I've personally rebuilt my pump three times over the last ten years because a new one is over $400. They wear out and the diaphragms are about 20 bucks a set. These things run 24/7/365. Are you having quality pumps put in like CajunAire? I've never had a maintenance company rebuild mine. They always wanted to replace it which I won't pay for.
I honestly don't know. I'm an engineer and love to tinker, but this is an area of my life I want to just outsource and forget about it, especially since when it breaks, it's not something I can leave on the workbench for the weekend .

Heath and others have told me they "aren't built like they use to be" and that the average life these days is 4-5 years. Problem is we're getting nowhere near that. Time to debug and diagnose...
InMyOpinion
LOYAL AG said:

Heath's backhoe Service.
(979) 777-3759

Used them for 15 years when I had a septic. Service was top notch. I had a couple issues over the 15 years outside of the normal maintenance contract and they where quick to respond and resolved the issues quickly.
LOYAL AG
AG
taxpreparer said:

Loyal Ag, how often do you find yourself stuck doing business with someone for no other reason than they are your client? Or in this case, subcontractor?

I try to use clients (and at that time subs) when I can and that was the case there. Unfortunately they were terrible at the paperwork even though they did keep up with the maintenance schedule. I would see them onsite doing a check then never get billed until eventually the county informed me I wasn't under contract. That's when I went back to Heath.

As to that general question I try to separate those two things at least in terms of there being an expectation of using someone. I don't do discounts and I don't ask for them, I don't barter, etc. you pay me and I'll pay you both at a market rate. That way there's no expectation and no hurt feelings.

Where I find myself occasionally in an awkward spot is If I have a client looking for a service and I connect them with another client. I have to participate from both perspectives and I try to be as transparent as I can be with both and will let them know when I'm switching hats during a conversation. No expectation other than I'll let Client A know if I think we're getting a good deal/service from Client B or not. My job is to drive success and to that end finding the right fit is paramount. Still that's something I'm paranoid about making sure the buying client doesn't think they have to buy from the selling client.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
taxpreparer
AG

Quote:

Where I find myself occasionally in an awkward spot is If I have a client looking for a service and I connect them with another client. I have to participate from both perspectives and I try to be as transparent as I can be with both and will let them know when I'm switching hats during a conversation. No expectation other than I'll let Client A know if I think we're getting a good deal/service from Client B or not. My job is to drive success and to that end finding the right fit is paramount. Still that's something I'm paranoid about making sure the buying client doesn't think they have to buy from the selling client.
Now you are just picking on me.
spicyitalian
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I found the diaphrams for like $80 for the kit. I just bought a new pump this last time and kept the old to repair later and have on hand. The old pump was over 20 years old and had been fixed probably 4 times, but should repair just fine from my inspection.

Also +1 for Heath. They actually send in the paperwork to the county and let us know when we need a renewal. Something the previous grumpy old man before him did not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.