1860 Italia

23,408 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by UhOhNoAgTag
kevinmw55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone tried this place out? I've been interested in going but haven't made it yet.
Carny89
Went sat night. Everything was great. Their old fashioned was the best I ever had. But I'm no connoisseur.
4lilmonkeys
Had dinner there last night. Atmosphere, service and food were all terrific, owner is really nice. I also highly recommend the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, but get it to share because it's HUGE.
MiMi
S
They are only open for dinner and hop to try them out soon. The website's 'menu' is definitely a work in progress. I messaged them thru their Facebook page and got their current menu, which has significantly less options than what is on the website.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wife and I ate there last Thursday night. Great place with great food.

We sat at a small table by the kitchen, and soon after we were sat down the chef came over and gave us a plate of calamari on the house.

Don't know why......he just felt like it. It came with homemade marinara and lemon aioli. We had already ordered two appetizers, so we were completely stuffed by the time we left. That didn't stop us from ordering the chocolate cake dessert. And that serving size was HUGE.

There were many items on the menu that sounded great. We will certainly be going back to further explore their offerings.
rsincs
AG
I tried it last week. Service and food was excellent. Good addition to the area.
DoubleE65
AG
Fantastic all the way around.
ChampsAg
Can you post the menu
studioone
menu seems very incomplete on their website..

what are the price points? No prices listed at all..
motherrunnersBCS
They need some online help to finish their website! I hope they do well.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Can you post the menu
I only have images that were messaged to me on Facebook. I must admit that I do not know how to get them posted here.
trouble
AG
You can email them to me. My email address is in my profile.
MiMi
S
Email sent
trouble
AG

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Just an FYI, I don't believe that this is the whole menu. I remember that they had a selection of veal available in the same ways that the chicken was.
cajunken
Wife and I went for dinner Monday night. Calamari was very good, as was the Lobster Carbonara. We also ordered the gnocchi, which was fair but not nearly as good as the Carbonara.
IRBF
Can you get orders to go?
ZoneClubber
AG
The executive chef is a super person, former director of Maggianos and highly qualified. 1860 will do well
BQwolf05
AG
yes we did that last weekend. Food was great.
TxSquarebody
Been there twice. First time was sat at the small two top near the kitchen. As mentioned before, chef brought out a free appetizer. He said if we were sitting in the kitchen with him, might as well get something for it! Wife and I had the filet. It was excellent! Also got the chocolate cake. Not even kidding, it is a full 1/4 of the whole cake! Will definitely be going there often.
TAMC11
AG
Just left. It was really good. They were really busy so we just sat at the bar. Got the crab cake appetizer, beef medallions, and cheesecake (plain). Each were probably the best I've had. Definitely going to be our new place.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Went last night...

baked ziti was tasty, but had cooled a bit by the time it got to my table. Lasagna is outstanding. Portions are generous. Fried calamari was excellent. Our server with his mask, quiet voice, and very loud restaurant was difficult to hear. My old fashioned was excellent.

All in all im thrilled a good Italian place has arrived at Tower Point and definitely will go back. Make sure you call ahead and get reservations.

I'm still a Paolo's guy, though. I prefer it's ambience. Not a Luigi's fan.
legalbird
My free business analysis.

50% dedicated to pizza. Have 10 different offerings. There is big profit in pizza.
25% dedicated to the cocktail.
25% on traditional Italian recipes.

Price point $13 a person on entrees.
Price point on booze $6.50 a drink.
MiMi
S
They are now serving brunch. From their Facebook page:

Quote:

Join us for weekend brunch from 10am to 2pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Tableside Mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice await you, see you in the morning at 1860 Italia!
Our menu items include:
Creme-Brulee French Toast
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, as well as Traditional Buttermilk
Steak and Eggs cooked to order
Mushroom and Spinach Omelette with Cheese
Red Pepper and Cheese Omelette
Crab Cake Benedict
Prosciutto Benedict

TxSquarebody
Just got back from brunch there. Mimosa was good, bloody mary was good, prosciutto Benedict was egg-celent, creme brulee french toast was great. Prices were NOT excellent. Brunch costs as much as dinner. Will just be a dinner place for us. No french toast is worth $22.
crbongos
AG
Great fine dining addition to BCS! As mentioned the head chef headed Magginos in Houston-his name is Johnnie. One of the owners is John Harvey Slocum (yes, that Slocum!). Love it there!!!! Bread is really good as is everything else!!!
CRBongo
Wicked Good Ag
I plan on trying this place but the price point seems a little high honestly
Salmon should not be that expensive at all for the size portion in the picture on website

Brunch seems interesting but if $22 for French toast i can pass on that as well

I would love to hear more recs from people because i like to wait nowadays for everything to get settled in before going and let the kinks get taken care of

RafterAg223
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

I plan on trying this place but the price point seems a little high honestly
Salmon should not be that expensive at all for the size portion in the picture on website

Brunch seems interesting but if $22 for French toast i can pass on that as well

I would love to hear more recs from people because i like to wait nowadays for everything to get settled in before going and let the kinks get taken care of

Excellent quality and great value in our 2 experiences. Their portions easily made for 2 meals per adult in our family and the pricing is equitable. You get what you pay for. This isn't Olive Garden. I'll gladly pay a premium for a quality product, and this place provides just that.
mel99
AG
We went last night and thought the food was excellent! We had three adults and two small children with us. Ordered one pizza, one Italian bread, calamari, John Harvey Salad, one Veal Chop, cheesecake and chocolate cake for the table to split. It was a ton of food and we came home with half the pizza and part of the chocolate cake. Everything was really good!
pants
We went Friday night around 6:00, and there was a 1.5 hour wait for 2. Make sure you call in a reservation if you go at a busy time. Paolo's got our business that night, but we'll try to go back another day.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not surprising. It's a new restaurant in town; everyone wants to eat there.

You know how we get in this town.
RodTidwell
pants said:

We went Friday night around 6:00, and there was a 1.5 hour wait for 2. Make sure you call in a reservation if you go at a busy time. Paolo's got our business that night, but we'll try to go back another day.

My wife and I ate there at about 6:00 Friday as well, with no reservation and we were seated immediately.
pants
That's really weird. We also saw one other couple walk in and immediately back out ahead of us. Maybe I made a mistake on the time.
RodTidwell
The hostess told us that all tables are for reservation only with the exception of the few they keep open for walk-ins. We may have just gotten lucky and got the last available non reservation 2 top.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
pants said:

Paolo's is pretty underrated actually too. Really hoping they stay in business. Hardly anyone in there when I go and I always have a good experience there.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.