Snowmageddon 2021

15,523 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by techno-ag
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgTrip said:

Who can help put snow chains on car tires? Asking for a friend. Thanks in advance!
1. Do not use them anywhere east of the Rockies and south of Kansas.

2. Lay the chains flat on the ground beside the tire. Drape the chain over the wheel (couplers outward) so that each end touches the ground. Make sure the ends are away from the tire. Drive slowly forward until the end of the chain is directly behind the tire. Fasten the chains (inside first) and then use the cam coupler to tighten the chain. Finally use your bungee cords across the front of the wheel.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
4" and still coming down

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG

AgTrip
doubledog said:

AgTrip said:

Who can help put snow chains on car tires? Asking for a friend. Thanks in advance!

2. Lay the chains flat on the ground beside the tire. Drape the chain over the wheel (couplers outward) so that each end touches the ground. Make sure the ends are away from the tire. Drive slowly forward until the end of the chain is directly behind the tire. Fasten the chains (inside first) and then use the cam coupler to tighten the chain. Finally use your bungee cords across the front of the wheel.
Thanks for the tips but i was just messing around! No chains for me!
scd88
AG
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Looks like you took this in....the Ukraine...
scd88
AG
My house and street.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Haha,deep in the heart of Bryan, Ukraine
75AG
AG
DirecTV is out
Cartographer

I think it flagged our one eyed snowman. He kinda looked a little like something uncouth I guess lol
chilimuybueno
AG
Snow in the dish preventing signal. I had the same issue on NYE in the Hill Country. If you can knock the snow off somehow, that will fix it.
doubledog
AgTrip said:

doubledog said:

AgTrip said:

Thanks for the tips but i was just messing around! No chains for me!
I thought so, your post brought back many memories. For example, try chaining your tires on a slope.
EliteElectric
My tropical paradise looks like Siberia. We've got around 4" and still coming down hard at 430
scd88
AG
My dog hates this. He won't go out to relieve himself.
dubi
AG
Jack Williams Admin Bldg

Former Students

Golf course view from Admin Bldg
( what stupidity for this photo of snow on the A&M golf course to be flagged for review).

75AG
AG
chilimuybueno said:

Snow in the dish preventing signal. I had the same issue on NYE in the Hill Country. If you can knock the snow off somehow, that will fix it.
Thanks! Pool brush and pole did the trick!
FlyRod
Big live oak limbs starting to come down in my hood. Moved car out of harm's way, y'all might consider same if at risk.

Yeah it looks cool and all that too.
Mathguy64
AG
FlyRod said:

Big live oak limbs starting to come down in my hood. Moved car out of harm's way, y'all might consider same if at risk.

A couple of hours ago I went out and shook the long low limbs of my live oak to remove as much snow mass as I could.
cz308
Removed 3 limbs here from the front yard and knocked the snow off the small trees in the back. Seen many limbs down around town though.
Geop84
AG

Cardinals in my back yard feeder and my dog after chasing them off.
dubi
AG
chilimuybueno said:

I climbed a ladder with a broom and swept the snow off my Directv dish. Luckily ours is mounted really low.
cz308
Brothers Park has some good snowmen if any of you are out and about before it gets too dark.
91_Aggie
AG
dubi said:

chilimuybueno said:

I climbed a ladder with a broom and swept the snow off my Directv dish. Luckily ours is mounted really low.
sprayed it off with water hose at my house
trouble
AG
FlyRod said:

We've lost one large limb in the back and one in the front. Luckily, they don't overhang the house or our cars
gibby03
AG
Snowman, Street, Merrill Green Stadium at Bryan High

I live near Johnson Elementary. Came down for hours.

Mathguy64
AG
Starting to lose limbs. 6-8" limbs. One fell and landed in the bed of the truck.
mwm
When will the media report that COVID is spread by snowflakes? No pun intended.
oklaunion
I had to send the wife up on the roof 4 times to knock the snow off the dish so I could watch the football games. She was the most sober.
dubi
AG
oklaunion said:

I had to send the wife up on the roof 4 times to knock the snow off the dish so I could watch the football games. She was the most sober.
FamousAgg
Northeast of Bryan looks like 6+ inches. Staring to loose limbs unfortunately.

annie88
AG
We got about 5 to 6 inches in Bryan today.

Beautiful!

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
scd88 said:

One of my dogs loves it the other one is kind of indifferent. The cat is confused.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Bryan today
scd88
AG
annie88 said:

scd88 said:

One of my dogs loves it the other one is kind of indifferent. The cat is confused.

Hey, old friend. How are you?

I ended up scrapping snow away from a spot near the patio so he could see grass. Lol.
JB
AG
I had to drive down 21 to Crockett and back today. Took 2 hours each way. Lots of snow. Not icy, but slippery and slushy. Saw about a dozen cars off the road. Buccees parking lot was blanketed with snow. Lots of snowmen here and there. 4wd needed several times to get in and around some parking lots etc without making a scene

Trailer deck had 5" on it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.