New bathroom vent install recs?

966 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxSquarebody
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need a new vent in our master bathroom (there isn't one in there currently), you guys have anyone you'd recommend for anything like that?
dubi
AG
bobinator said:

We need a new vent in our master bathroom (there isn't one in there currently), you guys have anyone you'd recommend for anything like that?
Do you have a heater? or nothing?

If nothing, you will need wiring done for the vent fan.
bobinator
AG
Currently nothing. That's why I wasn't even sure who would do that kind of work.
dubi
AG
bobinator said:

Currently nothing. That's why I wasn't even sure who would do that kind of work.
Do you want a heater / vent fan combo?

if you are running new wiring, might as well do both for those winter days.
bobinator
AG
Maybe. the bathroom being cold hasn't been much of an issue but we'd consider it. The ceiling is pretty high so I'm not sure how much that matters.
dubi
AG
bobinator said:

Maybe. the bathroom being cold hasn't been much of an issue but we'd consider it. The ceiling is pretty high so I'm not sure how much that matters.

Interior bath or a new home can be warm. But older homes, which typically are missing the fan, can have really cold bathrooms in the winter.

Both my houses have cold exterior baths!
dubi
AG
You either need a handy man who will drop another wire from your electric panel and put up the fan or an electrician who will do both.
TxSquarebody
Call Bill Bingham with Bingham Construction and Remodeling. He has a few options for achieving what you want. I recommend installing the fan on a timer switch as well. No need to run it for hours with nobody in there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.