Brazos County Judge says 'no' to rolling back bar/restaurant capacity

1,697 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EliteElectric
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/app/2021/01/07/brazos-county-judge-says-he-has-no-plans-to-roll-back-capacity-of-bars-and-restaurants/
isitjustme
AG
Good job Judge Peters.
trouble
AG
I am pleasantly surprised.
befitter
Good
australopithecus robustus
Perhaps voices of reason are finally starting to emerge and hopefully prevail. Things clearly can't proceed like this past year. I too am pleasantly surprised, although cautiously.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Outstanding news.
Rapier108
Good, because bars are not the source of more than a few cases. They're just the low hanging fruit politicians like to blame so they can appear to be doing something.
Justin2010
AG
I'm really impressed with Judge Peters here!
deh40
AG
Also pleasantly surprised since he was saying this 2 weeks ago.
"Peters told KBTX earlier this week that he would be rescinding his request with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission that allowed bars and other businesses to operate at 75 percent capacity, after receiving word from the Department of State Health Services Monday."
EliteElectric
He also got around 200 emails from his constituents, business owners, VOTERS AND DONORS TO HIS CAMPAIGNS, so apparently our letter writing campaign last week found some traction. Whether it is long term or not remains to be seen.

Shutting small business down was merely placation so Texas could "appear" to be doing "something" to the national media and politicos anyways.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.