COVID Rants and Raves

18,595 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Take it to the Politics Board, would you please? The prior admin vs Amazon feud is well known and not really relevant to Aggieland is it?

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
halibut sinclair
The "Brazzus" thing is dopey.
KidDoc
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

The Brazos County Brain Trust continues to lag behind other metros in vaccinating folks. 109 shots today. Brenham was averaging 280 *an hour*

Not a peep about how bad our "leaders" have performed from our hard hitting media.
"County Judge Duane Peters and multiple commissioners praised Stewart for his leadership. Stewart, a retired Army colonel who retired in December after eight years as Brazos County Chief Deputy Sheriff, now lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico and has been coordinating the local vaccination efforts remotely. Stewart is in Brazos County for the week and attended Tuesday's meeting in person."

Wow. I got my first vaccine a month ago as a 1A. Now, a full month later, we are starting to get a system in place-- maybe.

This should have been done at least two months ago with the trajectory of the vaccines at this time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Belton Ag
AG
It's an awesome feeling to know that this whole thing is being coordinated out of some dude's retirement man-cave in Albuquerque. It's entirely possible he's doing this via zoom sans pants.
trouble
AG
I could be patient about supply lagging IF there was ANY kind of real plan in place.
cavscout96
AG
Why is it that a rural county right next door can do 2k a day, but the know-it-alls in BC can find their backsides with both hands?

"~Not sure we can accommodate more than 15-1800 daily..."
cavscout96
AG
I still want to know what this cat is getting paid and why we couldn't find someone local to do it?

----

Also heard on WTAW this Am that we are getting "help" with paperwork from another agency.

Having spent some time in Emergency Management, I read that to mean, "we hired someone to do the admin so we could make sure we get all the CV disaster funds we could possibly get while delivering a crappy product to the citizens."

Again, why doesn't the county's EM structure not already have this capability.

I mean TEEX is in the heart of the county and is the state agency for EM training FFS.
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

I just saw something on the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, that I thought I'd share.

1) J&J produced and 1 shot vaccine with no deep freeze requirements. They e tested it, and while not as high as Pfizer or Moderna, it is like 80-85% effective in combating winding up on a ventilator.
2) They passed trials and applied for emergency auth from the FDA.
3) FDA wants to wait 3 weeks before meeting on approval

!?!?!?!??

Yeah, it's not like there's a pandemic going on. Seriously?

Same as the others.

They aren't just sitting on their hands. Over these 3 weeks, they'll be reviewing all the study data. They'll meet and it will be presented. They'll likely vote on approval the day after the meeting.

It took 21 days from Pfizer's application to approval. It's super fast compared to normal
Counterpoint
AG
trouble said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

I just saw something on the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, that I thought I'd share.

1) J&J produced and 1 shot vaccine with no deep freeze requirements. They e tested it, and while not as high as Pfizer or Moderna, it is like 80-85% effective in combating winding up on a ventilator.
2) They passed trials and applied for emergency auth from the FDA.
3) FDA wants to wait 3 weeks before meeting on approval

!?!?!?!??

Yeah, it's not like there's a pandemic going on. Seriously?

Same as the others.

They aren't just sitting on their hands. Over these 3 weeks, they'll be reviewing all the study data. They'll meet and it will be presented. They'll likely vote on approval the day after the meeting.

It took 21 days from Pfizer's application to approval. It's super fast compared to normal

Does J&J manufacture during this time or is it too risky to do that before official approval?
trouble
AG
I'm not sure but I'll try to find out.
BQ_90
AG
awesome, another vaccine in the works that Brazos County won't be able to administer in a timely manner
cavscout96
AG
BQ_90 said:

awesome, another vaccine in the works that Brazos County won't be able to administer in a timely manner
at least this one is only one doses so, if they manage to do as "well" as they are curretnly, it will actually have double the effect.... sort of....
Rapier108
Don't forget that the J&J vaccine, along with the AstraZeneca one, do not require the special handling requirements that the two currently in use have so transporting and administering is much easier.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
Counterpoint said:

Does J&J manufacture during this time or is it too risky to do that before official approval?
Under the original Warp Speed contract, Johnson and Johnson agreed to supply 12 million doses to US gov't by the end of Feb 2021 and 100 million by the end of June 2021. At this point, they are expected to fall several million doses short of 12 million by end of Feb due to manufacturing delays. They are making efforts to hit the end of June commitment.
Counterpoint
AG
1.618 said:

Counterpoint said:

Under the original Warp Speed contract, Johnson and Johnson agreed to supply 12 million doses to US gov't by the end of Feb 2021 and 100 million by the end of June 2021. At this point, they are expected to fall several million doses short of 12 million by end of Feb due to manufacturing delays. They are making efforts to hit the end of June commitment.

Thanks!
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.