COVID VACCINE

175,976 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
ringrit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brazoshub now open for vaccines for next week. Front page says anyone over 18 is now eligible to register for vaccine. HOWEVER when you go to fill out the form, you will have to lie to get through to an appt because they do not have the form updated to reflect this.
tu ag
AG
I haven't posted in years but need to vent. How hard is it to update a form?

Wife and I logged in, got through the whole thing and "were not qualified" because we aren't 1a or 1b.

Goodness, this is terribly organized.
trouble
AG
Going crap, you're alive!

Just kidding, I obviously know you are alive since we are facebook friends and all.
tu ag
AG
No thanks to Brazos County am I still alive!
But the new name suits me.
watcholady
AG
I was able to schedule appointments as an 18+ member of the public on the form. You just choose "none of the above" (or the equivalent- I can't remember the wording.) It sends you right through to the scheduling page.
tu ag
AG
Then they changed the form after messing up a bunch of us.

Seriously, it is ridiculous how many errors like this have been made. The whole lot of them need to be thrown out. Give me Washington County officials any day over Brazos.
watcholady
AG
Maybe. I logged in at 10am and waited 10 minutes. Then got appointments.
SchnauzerMom
Does anyone know how I can cancel my appointment with WashCo? I was able to get an appointment at Brazos Center earlier. I replied to one of the emails, but it got kicked back, which I figured it would.
trouble
AG
They did it just to mess with you.
cavscout96
AG
tu ag said:

I haven't posted in years but need to vent. How hard is it to update a form?

Wife and I logged in, got through the whole thing and "were not qualified" because we aren't 1a or 1b.

Goodness, this is terribly organized.

Ya think?
musicforall
How does it work with second dose? Do we still sign up or does the Hub do it for us? My first date eligible for a second dose is on a Saturday. The Hub does not vaccinate on the weekend. If I find another Moderna location, can I go there and get a second dose? Want it as soon as possible to match up closer to the rest of my family.
Post removed:
by user
Counterpoint
AG
musicforall said:

How does it work with second dose? Do we still sign up or does the Hub do it for us? My first date eligible for a second dose is on a Saturday. The Hub does not vaccinate on the weekend. If I find another Moderna location, can I go there and get a second dose? Want it as soon as possible to match up closer to the rest of my family.

They sign you up on the day of your first dose. Or at least that's how it was for my wife.
MiMi
S
Quote:

How does it work with second dose?
My son received his first dose at the hub a couple of week ago. On the back of the vaccination card is a note that you will receive an email for your 2nd-dose appointment. However, there is no problem making a 2nd-dose appointment at CVS or someplace else.
theNetSmith
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

How does it work with second dose?
My son received his first dose at the hub a couple of week ago. On the back of the vaccination card is a note that you will receive an email for your 2nd-dose appointment. However, there is no problem making a 2nd-dose appointment at CVS or someplace else.
I received my first dose at the Brazos Center on 2/24. On 3/19 (3 weeks + 2 days later), I received an email notifying me that an appointment for my second dose was scheduled for 3/25 (yesterday -- 30 days after my 1st dose). I did not have to (get to?) schedule the date and time, but that didn't matter much to me.

My shoulder area is very sore from the shot and I had a headache come on in the afternoon yesterday, but thankfully, I have not yet experienced the misery that my SO and others have gone through on the day after.

In case it hasn't already been mentioned.. it appears that all doses at the Brazos Center hub are now being administered via drive thru.. and, depending on the arm you choose, you don't have to open the door of your car. Everyone is doing a super job over there and it was very efficient. We were on our way right about 30 minutes after arriving.
meteorag06
AG
Quote:

In case it hasn't already been mentioned.. it appears that all doses at the Brazos Center hub are now being administered via drive thru...

1st dose is Inside.

2nd dose Outside
theNetSmith
AG
I received my 1st dose inside, but when I was there on Thursday at 11:30am for the 2nd, nobody was going in or out of the Brazos Center. All cars were being routed through the drive-thru on arrival.

I suppose they might have been doing only 2nd doses on Thursday, but it doesn't make sense to me that they would still be doing 1st doses inside when the drive-thru setup is working so well and so efficiently. There is no difference in the administration of the 2 shots. Still have to wait 15 minutes after receiving, but now you're doing it in a parking lot instead of inside.
trouble
AG
Someone posted earlier this week that they were only doing first shots M-W
theNetSmith
AG
Well, there ya go. Thx for going to the trouble, trouble.
Nosmo
AG
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week16.pdf

Week 16 1st dose allocation Brazos county.

8,040 doses

5,300 Moderna (5000 hub)

2340 Pfizer (all TAMU)

400 J&J (mostly HEBs)

77% of 65+ have at least one shot

58% of 50+ have at least one shot

Update 3/29 (Monday) total for county on state dashboard for 1st doses is 10,980. I assume the extra 3,000 is part of "Federal Program", which is not listed on the weekly 1st allocation sheet.

Just part of the game trying to figure out what's going on.
doubledog
musicforall said:

As was said, you are automatically registered for the 2nd dose. In two-four weeks you will get an email that will give you a date and time (you do not have a choice).

On that day and time you will proceed through the gauntlet (in your car). They will check the paperwork and mark your windshield. You then drive to the "shot stations" . Here you fill out more paperwork (bring a pen). You will then produce your vaccination card , your identification (Drivers license) and the filled out and signed paperwork.. They will mark your windshield again and you will proceed to a table. There they will administer the shot and write the time on your windshield. You will then drive around to a parking lot (up from target) where your wait your 15mins.

You know that the vaccination worked if you have a mild fever and your arm is sore for a few days. My recs is to take the next day off.

Good luck

(Results may vary)
MiMi
S
Walk-ins welcome at Washington County vaccination hub on Tuesday
Goose83
AG
Interesting that Washington County didn't get any more vaccines this week (especially as they supposedly walk on water according to many here). Curious as to why.

Glad to see the pace has picked up (and been sustained) here in Brazos County. The more shots in arms, the better we all are.

Curious as to why Walgreens here never has gotten any. They were supposedly gearing up, but I don't think that they've gotten anything so far.
TommyBrady
AG
They've been taking shots away from some rural counties due to wanting a more equitable amount of people having the ability to get the shot. Basically cities getting more and rural people wait your turn
techno-ag
AG
TommyBrady said:

They've been taking shots away from some rural counties due to wanting a more equitable amount of people having the ability to get the shot. Basically cities getting more and rural people wait your turn
Not sure if it was that or a surplus of unused shots in some places. WashCo is still distributing vaccines left over from their last allottment.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TommyBrady
AG
They've vaccinated 20.4 % of the county already. Most counties are below that number. They will get more allocations next week I'm sure just like the counties who didn't get some last week got them this week
cavscout96
AG
TommyBrady said:

They've vaccinated 20.4 % of the county already. Most counties are below that number. They will get more allocations next week I'm sure just like the counties who didn't get some last week got them this week

Yes; it's called working yourself out of a job. It's a good thing in this instance. Maybe BC will catch up soon.
Retusaf94
My wife got her second shot at the Brazos Center this morning. The appointment was for 8:00. We left the parking lot at 8:23. It was a very smooth operation. A lot of people were getting their shot.
cavscout96
AG
FIL got shot 2 this AM at Washington County. He drive from Austin because Travis county can't get their collective @#$! together.

Edited for geography gaff
trouble
AG
cavscout96 said:

FIL got shot 2 this AM at Washington County. He drive from Austin because Harris county can't get their collective @#$! together.

Austin is Travis county. Harris is Houston.
theNetSmith
AG
trouble said:

cavscout96 said:

FIL got shot 2 this AM at Washington County. He drive from Austin because Harris county can't get their collective @#$! together.

Maybe he wanted to drive from Austin to Houston for his shot.
trouble
AG
You never know
Counterpoint
AG
Retusaf94 said:

My wife got her second shot at the Brazos Center this morning. The appointment was for 8:00. We left the parking lot at 8:23. It was a very smooth operation. A lot of people were getting their shot.

Doing okay with dose 2 side effects so far?
Nosmo
AG
Brazos county residents at least one shot. Using 2019 census.

age----------population-----%vaccinated

>16---------185,835---------30%
>50-----------50,093---------61%
>65-----------21,605---------78%

18-24 age group 57,127 (30% of county population. State average for age group is 10%)

Washington county residents at least one shot.

>16---------28,737---------27%
>50---------14,503---------45%
>65----------7,674----------60%

18-24 age group 3,268

Hubs are regional. Residents of counties vaccinated are not necessarily vaccinated in their home county.

cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

cavscout96 said:

Ugh.... Yes.

Oddly, a good buddy of mine told me this AM:

Geology rocks, but geography is where it's at!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.