COVID VACCINE

176,003 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
if they had a functioning waitlist, you should have been called before they opened it up to 18 y/o this afternoon.

if you want a vax, sign up again.
philothea
Anyone know anywhere with the J&J vaccine? I have autoimmune issues and a one shot option would be better. Walmart, Sams and the Hub all seem to be Moderna and I don't work for CSISD or BISD so couldn't' get one of the J&J at S&W last week. I am a 1b classification.
Counterpoint
AG
philothea said:

Anyone know anywhere with the J&J vaccine? I have autoimmune issues and a one shot option would be better. Walmart, Sams and the Hub all seem to be Moderna and I don't work for CSISD or BISD so couldn't' get one of the J&J at S&W last week.

Walmart, Sam's, and the hub are definitely Moderna. I've heard that CVS may be J&J, but I haven't seen an available appointment there in forever.
You can check to see who gets the J&J vaccine on the weekly allocation report on this website.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccineallocations.aspx

Below is the weekly allocation for the most recent week, week #15

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week15.pdf
Nosmo
AG
The state post the 65+ age group vaccinations daily totals per county on their dashboard.

State estimates 21,693 people in 65+ age group for Brazos county.

The following table is a running total of 1st shot per "vaccine week" for the 65+ age group. We just finished week 14. 74% of the people in the county 65+ have had at least one shot.

Week 14 recorded 798 people 65+ age group getting 1st shot.

Those 798 shots represented 11% of all first shots administered to Brazos county residents in Week 14.

And remember, this does not say where (the county) they actually received the shot.

wk---% age grp---shot/wk---% all shot

8-------30%---------2,454------56%
9-------36%---------1,297------46%
10------41%---------1,040------49%
11------54%---------2,991------49%
12------61%---------1,422------29%
13------71%---------1,287------16%
14------74%-----------798------11%

A month ago 65+ represented 1/2 of all shots and now only 1/10. The dashboard didn't have 50-64 population estimates, but, from my rough estimates it's about the same as the 65+. The state just recently started posting the 50-64 age group. If my estimates of population are accurate, we're about 2/3 through the 50+ population.

Here's an article from the first of February survey of what percent of people want the vaccine (80%) in Texas.

One in five Texans do not want the COVID-19 vaccine, University of Houston reports

techno-ag
AG
Not sure where to post this but KBTX is reporting that Krispy Kreme will give you a free donut if you show your vaccination card to them.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
J182
AG
Oof. The BrazosHub site is mess. 504 Time Outs and error submission pages.

What was the point of the waitlist if they were just going to make it a free-for-all that actually doesn't work?
Counterpoint
AG
Hub site crash for anyone else? Tried on several browsers. Only one got the "countdown clock" but it's been stuck at over 15 minutes for 30 minutes now. All the other attempts didn't work at all.
jwhitlock3
I got all of the same errors and I hit the register button right at 5:00:01, as did hundreds of others I'm sure. I got gateway errors and a few time outs so I closed my browser down completely just to give it a second go and now I'm showing a wait time of over 15 minutes. I'll try again later tonight after kiddo goes down to bed I suppose.
Counterpoint
AG
At least the "over 15 minutes" part is accurate!
threecatcorner
I've got "due to a high volume of registration requests, you have been placed in a wait queue to potentially register for a COVID-19 vaccination appointment."

It refreshes itself. Sometimes there are broken images at the top and bottom. Sometimes it shows their logo at the top and a little spinning thing by "loading" at the bottom.

I think they don't bother to distinguish between "over 15 minutes" and anything longer than that.
threecatcorner
It stopped spinning/loading, then got 504 error, then 502 error.
threecatcorner
Just tried going back to main site.

It says, "All appointment spots have been filled at this time."
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

Not sure where to post this but KBTX is reporting that Krispy Kreme will give you a free donut if you show your vaccination card to them.

Post it on the comorbidities board.
J182
AG
It seems if you tried mobile you got immediately put into the queue. But if you tried on a browser it was a 50-50 if you got a queue or live page.
ZoneClubber
AG
They've been taking new appts on the website Friday at 10 am. Try then as I'm sure after the word got out this week's shots are booked
BrazosWifi
What's frustrating: We signed up on BrazosHub.com just after it launched but since we're young and healthy (thank the Lord), we were put on the waiting list.

It *seems* they are throwing the waiting list out the window *again*. WTH man?
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Loaded
AG
BrazosWifi said:

What's frustrating: We signed up on BrazosHub.com just after it launched but since we're young and healthy (thank the Lord), we were put on the waiting list.

It *seems* they are throwing the waiting list out the window *again*. WTH man?

Same here. I signed up the first day BrazosHub launched and I got an automated reply saying that I was placed on the wait list.
AgProgrammer
AG
We signed up at the Brazos Hub and have never heard anything back. Nothing, zilch, nada. I suspect there was a batch of people that got lost somewhere in their transition of websites. We just gave up and signed up at Washington County and got vaccinated two days after we registered. 2nd shot scheduled for the 31st.

I'm glad they seem to have gotten things figured out now but there's no doubt some people got missed along the way.
Post removed:
by user
cavscout96
AG
Washington County may still have some slots, but they usually vaccinate 1st doses o. Tuesday so they may have shut down the sign up for this week already.

Worth a shot though....

Washington County Vaccine

https://wacounty.saferestart.net/

halibut sinclair
Texas is opening up to all adults on Monday, 3/29

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/texas-to-open-covid-19-vaccinations-to-all-adults-on-march-29th
Bryanisbest
AG
J and J Vaccine now available at Physicians' Center, Bryan, on University Drive. Call for appointment. Over 65 eligible
philothea
I just called Phsyican's Center and they said they didn't get any this week so they don't have any.
Loaded
AG
Has anyone who registered yesterday with BrazosHub after 5pm gotten a response to schedule an appointment?
TwoTimeAg
AG
Lots of folks I know got first dose in Washington County today when they opened it up to 18+
threecatcorner
Not sure where it is, but my mom was telling me that she heard Erath County got more doses than they have people so they're inviting people from other counties to come get some.
scd88
AG
Got my email from Brazos County this evening. Second shot is 4 weeks from my first one. 4/1.
BCSWguru
Got the Brazos hub email today as well. They selected the appointment time for me,
cavscout96
AG
It says on their website that you have to call them if you want to change the time and date.
cavscout96
AG
It's under the FAQs
BCSWguru
cavscout96 said:

It's under the FAQs

Good to know. Might actually change it from mid week to end of week to not miss much work.
CN
LSCSN said:

cavscout96 said:

It's under the FAQs

Good to know. Might actually change it from mid week to end of week to not miss much work.
It's your second dose where you should be more concerned about missing work. I know everyone is different but most people only got a sore arm after their first dose. A lot of older people (65+) I know had little to no reaction after both doses. Most everyone else I know had a fever and were weak after their second dose. YMMV.
Goose83
AG
threecatcorner said:

Not sure where it is, but my mom was telling me that she heard Erath County got more doses than they have people so they're inviting people from other counties to come get some.
Good to know, but I'm not sure a lot of people are up for a drive to Stephenville to get a shot.

Nice area, though - Spent a lot of time there many years ago.
cavscout96
AG
Anyone still looking for 1st dose...

Washington County has 5k for next week

SubHUB Update - 5,000 Vaccines Available

The Regional Vaccination SubHUB will administer approximately 5,000 first dose vaccines on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 from 6am to 7pm.

Eligibility is for those 18 years and older.

Registration is open at https://wacounty.saferestart.net/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.