COVID VACCINE

176,031 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup.

Says it crashed.

Guess nobody knew a new batch was coming to make appointments.

Government........
ringrit
Took me 30 minutes, but I finally got all the way through and got an appt for my husband! Keep trying!
aggiemom89
You can also call and make an appointment that way.
cavscout96
AG
Muzzleblast said:

Yup.

Says it crashed.

Government........

BC, to be specific. I mean, seriously?
EagleLM
I just got in also. And almost every appt slot for the week showed over 50 time slots still available. Yes, keep trying.
Muzzleblast
cavscout96 said:

Muzzleblast said:

Yup.

Says it crashed.

Government........

BC, to be specific. I mean, seriously?
No understandee word salad but I finally got booked.

Took a bit over an hour.

Site is functioning well now.
cavscout96
AG
Ok. I was on my phone and went into abbreviation mode ...

Here is the translation:

Not just "Government," specifically Brazos County Government.

Seriously? How could that not have anticipated a large influx of traffic and prepared ahead of time. Par for the course.

jemma4116
I just used the hub, was working fine. Looks like there are still many spots available.
Counterpoint
AG
EBrazosAg said:

As a healthcare provider I have to say the Brazos
center is running well. Showed up at 758. Second dose in by 815 with a busy line of cars. Now just waiting in the 15 min lot watching YouTube videos

Now that several hours have passed since your second dose, how are you feeling?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wife is a teacher at CSISD. She was able to sign up for the J&J vaccine and put me on the list as an alternate.

We both received our one shot yesterday in the CSISD board room with no issues. We had to wait for 15 minutes after the shot before they would let us go, but we had no side effects or soreness, even today.
Muzzleblast
cavscout96 said:

Here is the translation:

Seriously? How could that not have anticipated a large influx of traffic and prepared ahead of time. Par for the course.

I feel ya my brother.

Anyway, got it done.
meteorag06
AG
cavscout96 said:

Here is the translation:

You do realize that Brazos County Government is not in charge of the appointments correct? Maybe before publicly bashing someone for anything make sure you're picking the right people.
EBrazosAg
AG
Counterpoint said:

EBrazosAg said:

As a healthcare provider I have to say the Brazos
center is running well. Showed up at 758. Second dose in by 815 with a busy line of cars. Now just waiting in the 15 min lot watching YouTube videos

Now that several hours have passed since your second dose, how are you feeling?

Not at my peak. But I've felt worse too. I anticipated that as well as I knew I had antibodies after the first dose.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Down and Twelve
cavscout96
AG
Ok... Who should we bash then?

The entire operation is part of BC right? I mean, that IS who is paying the twice retired COL/Sheriff, right?

So the buck stops, where, exactly?

meteorag06
AG
Maybe blame the people running the servers for a server crash. Sheesh.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Wife is a teacher at CSISD. She was able to sign up for the J&J vaccine and put me on the list as an alternate.

We both received our one shot yesterday in the CSISD board room with no issues. We had to wait for 15 minutes after the shot before they would let us go, but we had no side effects or soreness, even today.
Okay, a bit of an update:

My wife has felt nauseous since noon and I am now feeling pretty wiped out. Like a typical cold bug: chills, feel like I have a fever, just blah. However, this is 10x worse than I felt when I actually had COVID.

Think we will dope ourselves up with Tylenol and call it a night.
Post removed:
by user
Counterpoint
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Okay, a bit of an update:

My wife has felt nauseous since noon and I am now feeling pretty wiped out. Like a typical cold bug: chills, feel like I have a fever, just blah. However, this is 10x worse than I felt when I actually had COVID.

Think we will dope ourselves up with Tylenol and call it a night.

Dang, I thought you might have escaped the side effects!
First Down and Twelve
meteorag06
AG
They are going to be in operation for a while. You can still volunteer your time as do 180 people each day to give out these vaccines.

May want to start with contacting Texas A&M. They should be able to direct you to their server.
cavscout96
AG
meteorag06 said:

They are going to be in operation for a while. You can still volunteer your time as do 180 people each day to give out these vaccines.

May want to start with contacting Texas A&M. They should be able to direct you to their server.

You continue to fail to see the point. This hub is the overall responsibility of the county. Period. Whoever stepped up to bail them out is doing them a favor. The ultimate responsibility lies with the folks at the top. Period.

Their failure to plan has been the source of every delay and challenge we've seen. They had no plan, so they have a poorly synched, in some cases, operation.
doubledog
Slocum on a mobile said:

meteorag06 said:

Maybe blame the people running the servers for a server crash. Sheesh.

If only they'd hired a competent IT guy.... hell, I'd have volunteered! ...unfortunately, you get what you pay for.
It was annoying, I finally got in and signed up Mrs Doubledog., it took a few tries. It should get better as time goes on.

Nosmo
AG
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week14.pdf

Week 14 allocation, 1st shot only.

All Moderna.

Brazos Center 5,000

Other sites 500

5,500 total allotted to Brazos county addresses.
Post removed:
by user
meteorag06
AG
So I guess your not volunteering then? I agree planning could and should have been better from the start. The powers that be started planning way to late. No argument there. The weakest link in this endeavor has been scheduling by far. But in the overall scheme of things giving out almost 30K vaccines now(i think that's right), is pretty good. I'd call giving out more doses than they have received an accomplishment.
Oogway
Nosmo said:

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week14.pdf

Week 14 allocation, 1st shot only.

All Moderna.

Brazos Center 5,000

Other sites 500

5,500 total allotted to Brazos county addresses.
Didn't see BSW on the list; disappointed they didn't receive any because they were super easy to sign up and get the shot with through our existing accounts.
cavscout96
AG
Read somewhere that BSW was administering J&J to BISD folks this week.
90 bull
AG
I got the J&K vaccine this morning at the BSW drive through. In and out in 25 mins including the 15 wait time.
dubi
AG
Quote:

I got the J&K vaccine
The secret CIA 4th vaccine with a tracking chip!
Post removed:
by user
meteorag06
AG
Not speaking my language, but I trust your right. Hopefully the people at TAMU will think of that and they won't have a downed server again. Or at least something. This can't be an every week issue.
ringrit
If you are not in one of the groups currently eligible to receive the vaccine, the Walmart pharmacies all have waiting list. If they go through all their appts for the day and have doses left over, they will call people on the waiting list to come get vaccinated. You have to be able to drop what you're doing and go up there if they call, but they are actively using the waiting lists so that no vaccines go to waste. My son and I both got our first doses last night!
Counterpoint
AG
ringrit said:

If you are not in one of the groups currently eligible to receive the vaccine, the Walmart pharmacies all have waiting list. If they go through all their appts for the day and have doses left over, they will call people on the waiting list to come get vaccinated. You have to be able to drop what you're doing and go up there if they call, but they are actively using the waiting lists so that no vaccines go to waste. My son and I both got our first doses last night!
How do you get on the waiting list?
ringrit
You just have to give them a call and ask to be put on the list or go up in person.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.