COVID VACCINE

176,021 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Jinx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just left the Brazos Center for rescheduled dose #2.From parking to leaving took 50minutes, including 15 waiting around after for observation. Good experience.
Nosmo
AG
Similar experience to "Jinx". Exactly 50 minutes from the time we turned off Briarcrest to getting on feeder road on Hwy 6, at 2:15. And unlike a lot of folks, we actually stayed in survey area the full 15 minutes.

I thought we were getting parking lot shots, but we were directed inside.

They did say that 217 people were vaccinated in the one o'clock hour. There were a lot more Guard people and what appeared to be trainees than last time. The young lady giving me the shot was her first for a "second" shot. The trainer was showing her the documentation differences.

Edit: 2nd shot yesterday. Arm sore like flu shot. I may have been a little tired last night, hard to say. Wife said she didn't have any symptoms except sore arm.

Right now, other than injection sore spot, we feel normal.
oldag970304
Teachers can get the vaccine now, apparently per Biden which was enacted by Abbott. If you want a vaccine as a teacher, my suggestion is to aggressively scroll and refresh at the https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler site. If you're willing to drive to the destination, and want it, go get it.

Note- this does not include TAMU profs, but does include dual-credit folks.
Best wishes all.
75AG
AG
Got the second shot yesterday. Feel like crap all day today. Yay! It's working!!
scd88
AG
Oops. Wrong post.
ratfacemcdougal
Second shot yesterday....woo hoo, I am in the 40% ish with no side effects
theNetSmith
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Second shot yesterday....woo hoo, I am in the 40% ish with no side effects
it's early yet
Sidepocket
AG
Wife and I had second Moderna doses on Wednesday 9am. No negative reaction except for sore arm. Neither of us had COVID-19 previously.
ratfacemcdougal
could be, my shot was at 530p...so far, so good.
armymom
Got my 2nd dose Wed afternoon. Started feeling light headed about 18 hrs later. Fever, headache & lethargy started about 24 hrs after dose. This morning no fever but it's hard just to put clothes on. But I'll take this over having Covid any day! Happy the vaccine works!
theNetSmith
AG
"fever, headache, lethargy" pretty much sums up my gf's experience the day after her 2nd dose, but (like you) she was back to normal two days after.

I should be getting my 2nd dose in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to the next day, but will be super happy to have been vaccinated.
gigem92
AG
Wife and I got 2nd dose yesterday at the Brazos Center. Smooth and efficient and everyone working was great.

It has been about 20 hours since we got the shot and as for side effects, so far for me, just some arm soreness.
Wife says body hurts and she has a headache, but nothing too bad.

Hope that is it for her and mine doesn't get worse.
cavscout96
AG
Glad to see BC getting it figured out.

I recall 87k as the number of 1A/B?

If that's correct, they are nearly 30% of the way there for first doses.

Still not sure why folks are still on waiting lists. I had feedback yesterday that BC was taking walk-ins.

It was third hand so, take it fwiw.
labmansid
I got my second dose in Brenham on Monday, and I haven't noticed any effects other than mild soreness at the injection site the next day. Glad to have that done. On a side note, I am a patient of BSW, and I got a notice yesterday that I may now schedule a vaccine from them. Just a day or two late, thanks but no thanks.
mosesrab90
AG
Wife and I registered yesterday for BC - confirm came today and we're both scheduled Monday AM for 1st dose. Lot of availability when we picked time slots about 4 pm this afternoon (Friday).
threecatcorner
Just a heads-up if you're near the end of the day:
Husband went to get his 2nd shot tonight, and even though they've been saying 2nd shots would be drive-thru, they stopped the drive-thru part earlier, and he had to stand in line for 30-40 minutes. They were also being paranoid about thawing out too much and possibly wasting any, so they only thawed out 1 vial at a time which held 10 doses and then they had to wait for another vial to thaw. He said then could've easily counted people and seen that they needed to have 5 vials to cover the 50 people waiting. I'm not sure if 4:00 would be in the same boat or if this just applies to after 5, especially on a Friday.
meteorag06
AG
cavscout96 said:

Still not sure why folks are still on waiting lists. I had feedback yesterday that BC was taking walk-ins.

If they have only received 25K doses so far how are there not supposed to be waiting lists?

The real problem is not all 25K are from Brazos valley and part of that 87k you mentioned. So when people don't show up for their appointment because they got it elsewhere, and they don't cancel the appointment then they have "extra" doses for the day that are already warmed and need to give them. Not sure walk-ins were accepted, maybe so though.

I'm assuming each day around 5 there's a big rush of people getting off work, and more than the allotted amount show up between 5-6. Lots of late appointments. But they can't hope that happens and warm up vials cause if the rush doesn't happen then they have doses that need to go in arms soon.
threecatcorner
meteorag06 said:

I'm assuming each day around 5 there's a big rush of people getting off work, and more than the allotted amount show up between 5-6. Lots of late appointments. But they can't hope that happens and warm up vials cause if the rush doesn't happen then they have doses that need to go in arms soon.
How about counting the people who are actually physically there and thawing out that amount instead of doing one vial (10 doses) at a time when they've got a line of at least 50 people standing there? I get not heating them up early, but they could pretty easily go count people at 5, 5:30, and have at least most of them heated up.
cavscout96
AG
You're conflating the issue.

I get that 25k<87k "required," but if you have enough for walk-in, or are scrambling to fill empty slots, the waiting list should be depleted already.

If you have more shots than people signed up, no one should be waiting on a slot for weeks.

happyinBCS
I am out in Fredericksburg for a month and my 2nd shot was due The fine folks at HEB worked me in and gave it to me. Bluebonnets will be late this year but the hill country is still beautiful

Happy in Fredericksburg
Nosmo
AG
cavscout96 said:

I got my shot Thursday afternoon. The lighted sign at the entrance off Briarcrest said "APPOINTMENT ONLY".

I think the big deal Thursday afternoon was in-vehicle shot trial run. But we were directed inside. There was a line of vehicles with people inside, but I didn't hang around to see what was actually happening.

Just curious, can anybody confirm a walk-in at BC?

Nosmo
Nosmo
AG
https://dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week13.pdf

Week 13 allocation

5,400 1st dose Moderna

4,400 JOHNSON & JOHNSON (2000 Scott & White Medical Center)

J&J = 4,400 fully vaccinated (8,800 equivalent doses Moderna)

cavscout96
AG
I'll keep my ear to the ground.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
I got my 2nd shot Friday morning. By Friday evening, I was getting some minor chills and fatigue. Arm felt like somebody somebody beat it. Overnight, I was getting extreme chills to the point where I was constantly waking up shaking and shivering. Plus anytime I would roll over and my sore arm would touch the bed, I would get pretty bad stinging pain. When I got out of bed this morning, I was still freezing cold even though I set the heat to 70 and had to put jackets on in the house. Went back to sleep on the recliner for another 6 hours or so. After that, I still had minor chills for most of today and still really tired. Just going to the kitchen to get water is still exhausting. As of Saturday night, no more chills, but still pretty fatigued and my arm is still pretty sore.

All in all, it was pretty miserable, but short lived.
meteorag06
AG
threecatcorner said:

meteorag06 said:

How about counting the people who are actually physically there and thawing out that amount instead of doing one vial (10 doses) at a time when they've got a line of at least 50 people standing there? I get not heating them up early, but they could pretty easily go count people at 5, 5:30, and have at least most of them heated up.

Do the math. 2000 shots per day at 10hrs day means 200/he. Or 1 every three minutes or so. That a fast clip to keep warming up vials which take 15min. And I doubt they were actually doing 1 vial at a time at 5 o'clock with 200 more people still expected.

Some of y'all will gripe at anything. They have put out over 10,000 doses this past week and figured out they can operate a drive thru at the same time which will increase their weekly maximum. I'd say the hub is operating well.

Scheduling could be better without a doubt, an on-site call center would make it much better. Not sure if that's feasible though. Simply put, too many people don't show up for their appointments. But zero doses have been wasted so there's that at least.

But I think many more than the 25K out of 87k have been vaccinated. I hope they open up registration soon to the public. Meaning not a private link, but still need to be 1A/1B or teachers.
meteorag06
AG
Yes they did inside vaccination all last week.
Nosmo
AG
meteorag06 said:

Yes they did inside vaccination all last week.
Poor choice of words on my part. I was attempting to describe a walk-in without an appointment. I should have said walk-up without an appointment.

meteorag06
AG
Got ya. Appointments were required last week, and have always been. I don't see them going to just walk up. They would have a rush of people at lunch time and between 5-6, a very large crowd, and super long lines even if 500 people showed up at once.
BaitShack
AG
Got a message on Scott and White my chart on Friday that I could schedule my vaccination (1st shot). I scheduled for Saturday at 11:45 at the drive through. I was in and out in about 25 minutes.
Counterpoint
AG
BaitShack said:

Got a message in my Scott and White my chart on Friday that I could schedule my vaccination (1st shot). I scheduled for Saturday at 11:45 at the drive through. I was in and out in about 25 minutes.
Awesome! Was it Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Was it Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J?
The KBTX story about S&W's drive-thru said it was Pfizer.
FearNoWeevil
AG
My mother and I had 2nd dose appointments at the Brazos Center for 5pm Friday. We were leaving the parking lot by 5:30. No ill effects except for sore arms for either of us.
BaitShack
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Correct
Counterpoint
AG
BaitShack said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Correct
Thanks! I was just curious because the state allocation page shows that they received 2,000 J&J doses and 0 Pfizer and Moderna doses. They probably just put the numbers in the wrong columns. So happy the dosage quantity is increasing so much lately!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.