COVID VACCINE

175,936 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Post removed:
by user
labmansid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well crap. Just got a text and voicemail from the Washington County hub regarding my second dose that was scheduled for next week. I was wondering if this was going to happen. I was also wondering if they would send a reminder or notice of some sort. The text included a link of which I captured a screenshot. Hopefully it won't be delayed too much.

MiMi
S
Keep checking the CVS website for Texas https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine . The Bryan location at Texas Ave and Villa Maria is participating. They are scheduling 2nd doses and it doesn't matter where you received your first dose. You just have to keep checking back because available appointments show up randomly. Click on 'Texas' and, if there are open slots available anywhere in the state, you will see a clickable "Schedule an appointment now" button. When you answer a few questions, you will then be asked to enter your zip code and it will show if a store near you has any appointments available. Keep trying, because they come and go quick!
nought
AG
Washington County: 2000 shots in the arm in 1 day? No problem.

Brazos County: Oh no, we can't get all the doses we already have in arms, so we are postponing second dose appointments for the coming week with an indefinite makeup time.
Post removed:
by user
cavscout96
AG
My 1B in our house finally decided to sign up with Washington County. I've bee trying to talk them into it for a couple of weeks, but they had already signed up through St. Joe and were still waiting to hear back.

-------

Filled out the form last night.
Got a response today.
Filled out step 2 online
Has an appointment next week for shot #1
Also has appointment in March for shot #2

-------

BC "leaders" are an absolute joke.

Hopefully they learn something when the TXARNG shows up to teach them how to pull their heads out.

The rest of my house will wait as we are not high risk, but FFS this is just downright stupid.

nought
AG
From our vaccine czar per KBTX:

Quote:

Stewart and his team are currently working on the logistics of how first and second-dose vaccine recipients will be handled. He says St. Joseph Health would prefer not to intermix people coming to the hub for their initial dose and final doses.

"Are we going to have a drive-thru at the Brazos Center for the second dose? Do you go inside for your first dose? Do we go to the expo?" Stewart said. "These are all things we're debating right now so we can figure out that plan."

Is anyone shocked that, knowing the time for second doses was coming up, they are still "debating" and trying to figure out what the plan should be?
dubi
AG
nought said:

From our vaccine czar per KBTX:

Quote:

. He says St. Joseph Health would prefer not to intermix people coming to the hub for their initial dose and final doses.

Is anyone shocked that, knowing the time for second doses was coming up, they are still "debating" and trying to figure out what the plan should be?
Wow, like it matters 1st or 2nd except that don't make you wait 15 minutes after the 2nd dose.

Just let them make an appt and come because it does not matter which dose!!!!!!
nought
AG
Also, apparently they either had a lot of no shows or unbooked appointments today. It will be interesting to see if the media says anything about this
trouble
AG
nought said:

Also, apparently they either had a lot of no shows or unbooked appointments today. It will be interesting to see if the media says anything about this

All the St Joe's appts for today were cancelled and rescheduled for Wednesday.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

nought said:

Why? Weather is beautiful!
jwj
Friends in 70s said they got their shots(1st) today thru st jo
jim james
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
nought said:

An email went out through A&M Environmental Health and Safety looking for 1A and 1b folks to go get a shot TODAY.

Surely most everyone in that category has already signed up and been mismanaged!
trouble
AG
dubi said:

trouble said:

nought said:

Why? Weather is beautiful!

Because they didn't have the vaccines in hand by Friday and weren't sure when they were going to arrive.
trouble
AG
jwj said:

Friends in 70s said they got their shots(1st) today thru st jo

Sorry. Second dose appts were rescheduled.
cavscout96
AG
Actually, it shouldn't be.

We run military ops from thousands of miles and oceans away.

This isn't hard. A decent boy scout troop could've figured it out by now.
meteorag06
AG
nought said:

Brazos County: Oh no, we can't get all the doses we already have in arms, so we are postponing second dose appointments for the coming week with an indefinite makeup time.

What do you want them to do? Keep 2nd dose appointments when they don't have any vaccines? They have given out every dose they have received. What exactly is your gripe?

They have said they can do 2000/day. Just have to have the doses and people show up.
nought
AG
They have 7000 doses available to give out this week. They don't have enough signups this week and we're registering new signups as late as today, yet didn't bumped those scheduled for second doses this week to next week because they hadn't yet figured out their plan for how they wanted to do second doses.
theNetSmith
AG
After the website issues from a couple weeks ago, I was basically told to sit tight and I would receive another email invite once there were more timeslots available.

7000 doses this week.

Still waiting for that email.
BMo
My wife and I would like to move our second one up from March 3. Who do we email?
meteorag06
AG
" 7000 doses this week." You sure about that?

So yalls complaint is the scheduling and who is getting the doses? Not how many doses have been given out, cause I don't know how anyone can complain about giving out more does than they have received from the state.
meteorag06
AG
nought said:

They have 7000 doses available to give out this week. They don't have enough signups this week and we're registering new signups as late as today, yet didn't bumped those scheduled for second doses this week to next week because they hadn't yet figured out their plan for how they wanted to do second doses.

I'm assuming you're on the board as you know they don't have a plan for second doses. You talk like you know these as facts. I guess time will tell.

I agree the scheduling component needs to get better from the sound of it. Maybe they are working on a solution. I hope so.
meteorag06
AG
theNetSmith said:

After the website issues from a couple weeks ago, I was basically told to sit tight and I would receive another email invite once there were more timeslots available.

7000 doses this week.

Still waiting for that email.

Same thing with my Dad. He got an email to sign up two weeks ago. Went to register and no times available to sign up. He called some number and they told him it's because they didn't get all their vaccinations in, so they had to close the signup times.
cavscout96
AG
meteorag06 said:

nought said:

What do you want them to doKeep 2nd dose appointments when they don't have any vaccines? They have given out every dose they have received. What exactly is your gripe?

They have said they can do 2000/day. Just have to have the doses and people show up.

Let's see...

- think ahead
- make a feasible plan
- communicate
- follow through
- adjust to get better
- have contingencies

Yep...petty much and fail in every category.

So we have 7000 doses and not enough appointments.

~17k vaccinated of 87k 1a&1b?

So..... +/- 70k folks have basically said "to hell with BC, I'm going to go get my shot somewhere else?"

Even at a historical best case take rate on seasonal flu of 50%, that still leaves >25k that should being some sort of wait list already...right?

Even if they can't find anyone in 1b to sign up, put the word out on the local media and have walk-ins.

I mean, seriously. Figure. It. Out.

#thisaintrocketscience
Jinx
My 2nd dose got pushed back due to the storm. They communicated this by email last week and then sent another email with my date/time a couple day later. So far so good in my experience
nought
AG
meteorag06 said:

" 7000 doses this week." You sure about that?

So yalls complaint is the scheduling and who is getting the doses? Not how many doses have been given out, cause I don't know how anyone can complain about giving out more does than they have received from the state.

From KBTX:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/22/brazos-county-hoping-to-give-7000-covid-19-vaccines-at-hub-this-week/

Remember they gave no doses last week because of the weather.
nought
AG
meteorag06 said:

I'm assuming you're on the board as you know they don't have a plan for second doses. You talk like you know these as facts. I guess time will tell.

I agree the scheduling component needs to get better from the sound of it. Maybe they are working on a solution. I hope so.

Quoting our vaccine czar from this KBTX article:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/22/brazos-center-vaccine-hub-set-to-push-out-7000-doses-this-week/

'Stewart and his team are currently working on the logistics of how first and second-dose vaccine recipients will be handled. He says St. Joseph Health would prefer not to intermix people coming to the hub for their initial dose and final doses.

"Are we going to have a drive-thru at the Brazos Center for the second dose? Do you go inside for your first dose? Do we go to the expo?" Stewart said. "These are all things we're debating right now so we can figure out that plan."'

The plan for second doses should have been set months ago.
OceanStateAg
AG
A plan should have been worked as early as last spring. The local officials completely dropped the ball on this when they had months to prepare. I'm a 1B and signed up via the St. Joe's website over a month ago and haven't heard anything. If they're having trouble filling slots, and sending out emails looking for people how many people on the list are getting passed over? I caved and registered for the Washington County site yesterday, it sounds like they have their act together. We shall see.
trouble
AG
Jinx said:

My 2nd dose got pushed back due to the storm. They communicated this by email last week and then sent another email with my date/time a couple day later. So far so good in my experience

Same. I'm scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
nought
AG
In case anyone is wondering why I'm upset, this week I was supposed to get a second dose. My original date was already toward the tail end of the range the paperwork they gave me said it was acceptable to have a second dose.

The rescheduled date they forced on me is past the end of the acceptable range from their own paperwork.

Now I'm sure they will tell me "Aww shucks, now just you don't worry your little head 'bout nothin' -- everything's gonna be just fine. Those FDA n Moderna boys don't know as much as we local (and not-so-local-New-Mexico) boys, so you can just go on an' trust us 'bout gettin' that second dose a tad late."

Edit: Yes, I emailed the email address they provided for issues. No, I have not received a response.
trouble
AG
So you are past 43 days at this point? Did you receive yours through mature well?
dubi
AG
I'd just drive up to the Brazos Center and get the shot. They were desperate for bodies yesterday!
nought
AG
Not past 43 days. Got the shot the day they opened the Brazos Center hub -- Feb. 1. Paperwork they provided says second dose must be given within a certain range. They put March 3 as the end of that range and re-scheduled the second dose past that after originally scheduling it for this week.
trouble
AG
CDC recs are within 43 days. So, while they are past the 28 day mark, they aren't just coming up with a new schedule on their own.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.