COVID VACCINE

175,939 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
backinbcs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps, but I'm rescheduled for next Wednesday and my wife is Friday. If you get a call from a 979 774 prefix, answer it.
MadDog73
AG
backinbcs said:

Perhaps, but I'm rescheduled for next Wednesday and my wife is Friday. If you get a call from a 979 774 prefix, answer it.
Did you get a call today? Thanks.
backinbcs
No, it was last week.
Nosmo
AG
Slocum on a Mobile,

I don't have the ignore feature, but I'm not going to reply to snarky comments in the future. I already waste too much time on message boards.

Take it to the Politics board or the Rant & Rave thread.

As I said several pages back, I run numbers for my peace of mind. I share things that people may not be aware of that don't spend as much time on number websites.

And I did get a shot at the Brazos Center. Arrived at 10:30 for appointment scheduled for 10:45. Filled out paperwork in car in parking. Parking lot attendant came by our parked car and said don't wait and go on in. My wife and I were driving out of the parking lot at 11:00am. They also directed us to a "couple's table" to get the shots.

And people that got shots, on this thread, also complimented how efficient other locations in the county were.

Is the system perfect? Hxxx No!.

The state has changed it's allocation strategy (to fewer sites) and counties have adapted. And it has not been without pain.

IMO, rationing is the issue. Knowing when and how much vaccine you will get is the problem, not ability to vaccinate. And with rationing comes politics.

People are crossing county lines all the time to get vaccines. It's hogs to the trough. When you are out one place you hope the next might have some. We were signed up at 4 places (3 counties, including Washington). Brazos contacted us first.

I'll continue to post data I think is relevant.

PS: Yes, you think the Brazos Center hub man in charge is a very bad decision. I get it.

trouble
AG
MadDog73 said:

I was scheduled for 2nd dose today. Still haven't heard from MatureWell on reschedule date.

They only rescheduled the Monday people. Anyone who was contacted this week won't be rescheduled until they receive the next shipment.
laavispa
We got our 2nd at St Joe's yesterday. Process went as smoothly as our first experience, longest wait time was for additional paperwork.

Did note there were out of county folks waiting in line with us. Not a problem, just an observation.

Do I think the BC system could have been managed better.? Probably. The 'leadership' starting with county judge knew: 1) vaccines would come available- as early as last fall. 2) apparently they failed to make plans until other counties were well situated with plans. 3) appointment of out of state and hour behind czar a couple of weeks late was not well though out.

IF we are having this much trouble with 1a and 1b population, what happens when BC goes to open vaccinations?
cavscout96
AG
laavispa said:

We got our 2nd at St Joe's yesterday. Process went as smoothly as our first experience, longest wait time was for additional paperwork.

Did note there were out of county folks waiting in line with us. Not a problem, just an observation.

Do I think the BC system could have been managed better.? Probably. The 'leadership' starting with county judge knew: 1) vaccines would come available- as early as last fall. 2) apparently they failed to make plans until other counties were well situated with plans. 3) appointment of out of state and hour behind czar a couple of weeks late was not well though out.

IF we are having this much trouble with 1a and 1b population, what happens when BC goes to open vaccinations?
probably wont be an issue then. the take rate will likely be below 60% based on the historical data wrt flu vax.

you have to figure in the anti-vax folks, the young, healthy "invincible" folks, and the very young folks who will (rightly) be the lowest priority.

as to the other observations.... the real consternation comes from the original chicken little responses from local and county gov't COUPLED with the absolute ineptitude of eth roll-out.

If EITHER goes the other way, I'd think you'd see a lot more grace from folks, but both, in combination, and the aggravation is well-deserved IMO.

theNetSmith
AG
My gf got her 2nd dose yesterday at St. Joe's Rock Prairie (formerly the Med). Everything went fairly smooth, but she is experiencing some side effects today (headache and general blah-ness).

Her appt time was 2:30pm, and while she was enduring the 15-min post-shot wait, she heard staff making phone calls to people to inform them that they were out of vaccine doses and rescheduling. Glad she got hers in time. Sorry for those who got rescheduled.
Goose83
AG
Anyone know which vaccine is being supplied through the direct Federal shipment to pharmacies (I know Walgreens was using Pfizer when vaccinating nursing home residents).
threecatcorner
I think the extra that the federal govt is getting is supposed to be both Pfizer and Moderna.
Goose83
AG
This has now turned into major BS.

We're all being told that counties are being asked to sacrifice and make do with what the State can spare, but yet Potter County (Population 121,000) has just received just another allocation of 5000 doses for next week. That makes the sixth week in a row that they've received at least 5,000 vaccines.

If the numbers are correct, they've received over 50,000 doses since the allocations began - That's almost one shot for every two people.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccineallocations.aspx
TommyBrady
AG
I tried to tell people the west texas delegation screws the state out of everything they can and was told that was crazy and everybody got it based off population but here we are.
WorkingAg06
CVS in Bryan has second doses of Moderna available. A few appointments left for the night. You can sign up online.
MiMi
S
Link to the online sign-up?
dubi
AG
WorkingAg06 said:

CVS in Bryan has second doses of Moderna available. A few appointments left for the night. You can sign up online.
Link?
WorkingAg06
https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-banner-1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine

Scroll down and click on the word "Texas".

Click on "Schedule an appointment now".

Answer the questions. When it asks you to enter zip, enter Bryan Tx instead and select an appointment time.
Post removed:
by user
Goose83
AG
TommyBrady said:

I tried to tell people the west texas delegation screws the state out of everything they can and was told that was crazy and everybody got it based off population but here we are.

Yeah, I just noticed that that out of all of the CVS Pharmacies in Texas now offering shots, only those in West Texas/Panhandle area still have bookings available.

Wonder why that is?
MadDog73
AG
WorkingAg06 said:

God Bless You! Just got 2nd dose at CVS in Bryan on Texas. Pharmacist said they have enough 2nd dose vaccine for 4 days. They still had a few times left tonight. Next 3 days are already scheduled.

Did CVS receive 2nd doses that should have gone to MatureWell?

Marshall Santa Fe and Brazos County leadership can kiss my a$$..
BQ_90
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Marshall Santa Fe said on KBTX tonight to not mix sites.

If you got shot #1 at MatureWell for example, you need to be patient and not go to Brenham or CVS for shot #2.

Posting this with no commentary because the folks happy with the status quo apparently complain about my posts...
Is it legal to moon someone over zoom?

Asking for a friend
dubi
AG
Quote:

Marshall Santa Fe said on KBTX tonight to not mix sites.
Isn't that just too bad! The pharmacist at CVS said they had a steady stream of MatureWell folks who had their 2nd shot cancelled this week.
Post removed:
by user
jwj
One would think the priority is getting shots in the arm
jim james
ontheedge
Is there a way to cancel an appointment for the second at the Brazos Center if taking one at CVS?
quantumleap
ontheedge said:

Is there a way to cancel an appointment for the second at the Brazos Center if taking one at CVS?

Supposedly you can contact them via this email to cancel: covidvaccine@tamu.edu
Goose83
AG
quantumleap said:

ontheedge said:

Supposedly you can contact them via this email to cancel: covidvaccine@tamu.edu

Good luck with that.
cavscout96
AG
I have a family member with similar experience.

Pretty mealy 24 hour later
Rapier108
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
labmansid
Yeah, well you're not the only one mad, Decision!!

trouble
AG
Got the email from St Joe's to reschedule my second dose. Fingers crossed it actually happens Monday.
nought
AG
Has anyone heard a peep from the vaccine czar or vaccine team or any local official about the status of Brazos Center appointments? It appears radio silence is in effect.
tb9665
My family had/have appointments at Sams and Walmart on 2818. Does anyone know how they are making them up at Sams and at Walmart?

Thanks
althormoon
nought said:

Has anyone heard a peep from the vaccine czar or vaccine team or any local official about the status of Brazos Center appointments? It appears radio silence is in effect.
What exactly are you needing an update on? They've already announced the other day this entire week is cancelled and people will be contacted to reschedule and next week should be operations as normal.
nought
AG
althormoon said:

nought said:

What exactly are you needing an update on? They've already announced the other day this entire week is cancelled and people will be contacted to reschedule and next week should be operations as normal.

It might help if they told people when their appointments are rescheduled for next week if they expect to have "operations as normal".

Sadly, they indeed are handling things with "operations as normal" just like the last two months.
RDH80
AG
I got my email this morning to reschedule . You can pick your time . I was originally scheduled for first dose today . Scheduled for next week at Brazos Center

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.