COVID VACCINE

176,030 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
bcschamp365
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Update to the city of Bryan happening now. While the retired gentleman seems like a fine person, the fact that he is conducting a presentation on the Brazos Region vaccination plan from his home in Albuquerque is beyond belief.

He's been talking for 15 minutes about his bio and has yet to talk about the failed communication, distribution, and supply chain issues.

Facts only please. We need HOW, WHO, WHEN, and WHERE please.

BQ_90
AG
I'd like to make a smartass comment, but I'm at a loss for words on how this is what this county has rolled out.
BMo
Activity at the Brazos Center but the big sign in the turn lane on Briarcrest said hub closed.

Has anyone that got the 1st dose locally attempted to get in line in Washington Co. or do they even have it yet?
TAMU1990
AG
BMo said:

Activity at the Brazos Center but the big sign in the turn lane on Briarcrest said hub closed.

Has anyone that got the 1st dose locally attempted to get in line in Washington Co. or do they even have it yet?

They have been vaccinating people from all over the state.
TAMU1990
AG
dubi said:

Why would they vaccinate some 1st dose at Brazos Center instead of the committed 2nd dose at Mature Well?

Because 60% immunity is better than zero
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
theNetSmith
AG
Has anyone heard about any non-MatureWell St. Joe's vaccinations being cancelled this week? My gf is supposed to get her 2nd dose at the Rock Prairie location (formerly The Med) tomorrow.
trouble
AG
I've only heard about MatureWell. They want to make sure we know too. I've received an email, text, and phone call.
MadDog73
AG
trouble said:

I've only heard about MatureWell. They want to make sure we know too. I've received an email, text, and phone call.
Do you think MatureWell will do the reschedule for 2nd dose or will we have to pick a time? I don't want to have to go to the back of the line because I miss a communication.
backinbcs
They already did the reschedule for both my wife and I. Mature Well that is.
trouble
AG
The woman who called me today said that they would be reaching our through email and phone calls for everyone being rescheduled. They are waiting until they have vaccines in hand to do any more rescheduling.
backinbcs
Well, we got rescheduled last Friday for next week.
MadDog73
AG
backinbcs said:

They already did the reschedule for both my wife and I. Mature Well that is.
When were you originally scheduled to receive 2nd dose? Thanks.
backinbcs
I was supposed to be yesterday. Not sure on the wife.
FlyRod
Saw a news blurb that the Biden admin will be shipping vaccines directly to hubs now? I imagine I missed a lot of moving parts to this, but I'm curious what it means, how it differs from now, and whether it will make things better or worse.
Nosmo
AG
February 9th posted numbers on the state website for yesterday (Feb 8th)

Brazos county

17,520 shots in arms of residents (some one, some two)
85,560 people in groups 1a &1b

Need 2 shots per person with current vaccines

17,520 / 2 = 8,760 equivalent people vaccinated

8,760 / 85,560 = 10.2% of 1a & 1b vaccinated

Washington county

4,090 shots in arms of residents (some one, some two)
22,150 people in groups 1a & 1b

4,090 / 2 = 2,045 equivalent people vaccinated

2,045 / 22,150 = 9.2% of 1a & 1b vaccinated
Nosmo
AG
https://www.wsj.com/articles/tracking-covid-19-vaccine-distribution-11611355360

There's been a gap of about 20 million doses produced vs shots in arms over the past month or so. That gap is typically absorbed in less than two weeks.

Production in slowly increasing but so are vaccination rates.

Currently demand is much greater than supply.

It may knock off a few days between production and shots in arms, but I don't see it makes much difference when we're talking 6 months plus to finish line.

The problem is RATIONING.

The US does over 70 million flue shots a month in September and nobody even notices. If it's on the shelf, we have plenty capacity to shoot arms.

Rapier108
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/09/walmart-sams-club-to-administer-covid-19-vaccine-in-texas/
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
happyinBCS
I wish you the best my friend, you are a very confident individual. I hope we as a Nation and locally can get through this pandemic and give a pat on the back to all the volunteers that just tried to make a difference no matter what the leadership did
localag242
Rapier108 said:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/09/walmart-sams-club-to-administer-covid-19-vaccine-in-texas/

Within just a few minutes of this posting on KBTX the Walmart site was locked up and not giving appointments. Tried repeatedly for 20 minutes. Now both websites saying vaccines is not yet available in your community.
Post removed:
by user
cavscout96
AG
Or we could. You know, hold people accountable.

I realize the concept went out of fashion decades ago, but I continue to hold out hope it come back in style
cavscout96
AG
Correct. 3 or 4 total iterations vs. months of uncoordinated flailing.
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
Quote:

I'm still incredulous that he's still trying to manage this from New Mexico
But but...he told us he now knows what Zoom is.
jwj
This has been an incredible lack of foresight and planning. It truly is a life and death issue for our elderly and infirm. The lack of urgency is hard to fathom. If we are not getting the vaccine required,our "elected leaders" should be raising hell, not passing the buck
jim james
Nosmo
AG

_____________Brazos______Washington
week#1 _______ 0.1% _______ 0.1%
week#2 _______ 0.6% _______ 0.2%
week#3 _______ 1.3% _______ 0.7%
week#4 _______ 2.3% _______ 1.9%
week#5 _______ 4.5% _______ 2.9%
week#6 _______ 5.6% _______ 6.1%
week#7 _______ 6.8% _______ 8.1%
week#8 _______ 9.7% _______ 9.1%
week#9 ______ 10.2% _______ 9.2%

cavscout96
AG
Washington county administered every single dose in a timely manner. Your numbers may be accurate, but they are not germane to the effectiveness of each county's vaccination efforts.

Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Nosmo said:

_____________Brazos______Washington
week#1 _______ 0.1% _______ 0.1%
week#2 _______ 0.6% _______ 0.2%
week#3 _______ 1.3% _______ 0.7%
week#4 _______ 2.3% _______ 1.9%
week#5 _______ 4.5% _______ 2.9%
week#6 _______ 5.6% _______ 6.1%
week#7 _______ 6.8% _______ 8.1%
week#8 _______ 9.7% _______ 9.1%
week#9 ______ 10.2% _______ 9.2%

Is this just a percentage of the population that is now vaccinated?

Because plenty of Brazos Co residents have been vaccinated other places and residents of other counties have been vaccinated here.
Nosmo
AG
The numbers are residents vaccinated. There is no data on who (what location) vaccinated them. Just like every county in the state. They can even get the shot in another state, and vice versa.

That's why trying to understand the "efficiency" of counties putting shots in arms is futile.

All we know (from the state website) is:

State allocation details per county per week.

State bulk shipments statewide per day.

How many 1st and 2nd shots people got in arms at the state and county level. But we don't know who did the shooting.

We don't know exactly when a county gets vaccine, and we don't really know whey they used it up, except websites say they are out. And we don't know the what county resident that got what county vaccine allocation.

It's like losing socks in the dryer. Where they go, nobody knows.

And the media is clueless. They love to take anecdotal stories with half truths and condemn something, instead of getting the real story. Give the people accurate and fair information. But that is politics, and it's futile to even mention it. And I apologize in advance for that.

My big concern is when Brazos county opens up the 16+ group. What happens when relatively healthy 64 year old's are in competition with TAMU and Blinn students. We are a not a normal county by population.

We are still going to have rationing.

MadDog73
AG
I was scheduled for 2nd dose today. Still haven't heard from MatureWell on reschedule date.
jwj
Please source these figures so they may be evaluated in cotext. Thanks
jim james
MiMi
S
Quote:

I was scheduled for 2nd dose today. Still haven't heard from MatureWell on reschedule date.
My guess is that they are waiting to see how many doses they will be receiving for next week and then get busy rescheduling this week's appointments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.