COVID VACCINE

175,989 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[Posters are expected to be respectful on this board, you have had that post removed before on this board, and this is the last time that you will have it removed on this board without a ban. -Staff]
jrhmc
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

Washington County did 4000/day last Tuesday and is scheduled to do 3000/day next week.
Reservations required?
Yes, they have a phone number you can call to get on their list. They text you back with a link to the registration and then call to set up the appointment. It's a drive thru and super smooth like someone put Chic fil a in charge. Our appointment for 3 people was at 9 a.m. and we were on the road back home by 9:27. Our next dose appointment is a month out on the same day at the same time.
BMo
dubi said:

Quote:

Washington County did 4000/day last Tuesday and is scheduled to do 3000/day next week.
Reservations required?
We were RV camping at Lake Somerville a couple of weeks ago and some full time RV living folks camping near us went to Brenham to get the shot. Must be pretty seamless.
cavscout96
AG
I guess our definitions of "perfectly good" are dramatically different.
Goose83
AG
cavscout96 said:

I guess our definitions of "perfectly good" are dramatically different.
I was referring to it in terms of location and carrying capacity, nothing more.

Software glitches are another issue entirely.
cavscout96
AG
25-30% carrying capacity when compared to a county one fifth of with our population is not "good"

It MIGHT be "sufficient," but it isn't "good."
OceanStateAg
AG
It's almost as if those entrusted to put plans in place for when a vaccine became available didn't take advantage of any of the time we had waiting for a vaccine to actually plan and put a plan in place. Heck, they could have even created websites and tested them before they went live. Utter failure to properly plan on the part of local officials.
BQ_90
AG
At this point why hasn't Marshall Santa Fe been fired and then hire the folks running Washington county's program
TommyBrady
AG
Cuz they don't give a **** about us they just care about money and power for themselves
techno-ag
AG
TAMU1990 said:

It's really not that far of a drive to Brenham. Nice and leisurely.
Excellent advice. Just go to Brenham.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
BCSWguru
TommyBrady said:

Cuz they don't give a **** about us they just care about money and power for themselves
And we just keep on giving it to them
theNetSmith
AG
Dear Abby,

Just chiming in with my experience (so far) with the registration / invitation for 1st dose:

• [1/18] completed St. Joe's vaccine registration form (received JotForm confirmation email)
  • [1/27] completed vaccine form again to see if questions had changed or I did it wrong the first time (rec'd JotForm conf email)
  • [2/3] received no-reply@tamu.edu vaccination registration invitation email -- woohoo! -- /happyface
  • --- unable to complete the registration form b/c date/time dropdown was empty -- typing "Wednesday" or "1pm" or "Friday" (as instructed) only resulted in an invalid form field error msg -- /sadface
  • [2/4] received no-reply@tamu.edu email with subject: "First Dose Appointment NOT YET CONFIRMED!" -- woohoo! they know I'm trying!
  • --- continued to come back several times and try to complete the registration form, even after it had been fixed and additional text had been added to note that, "if you're not seeing dates/times, that means we're there aren't any" -- no luck -- /sadfaceagain
  • [2/6] opened registration form again, you know, just in case.. was still unable to pick date/time for 1st dose --BUT-- a Submit button was present, so I clicked on it, got some kind of "thank you" or confirmation... o... kay... /skepticalface
  • [2/8] tried to open registration form again, got "Thank you for your interest, but you have already completed this survey" message.. /nonplussedface

Sincerely,
Stuck In Vaccination Status Limbo
cavscout96
AG
theNetSmith said:

Dear Abby,

Just chiming in with my experience (so far) with the registration / invitation for 1st dose:

• [1/18] completed St. Joe's vaccine registration form (received JotForm confirmation email)
  • [1/27] completed vaccine form again to see if questions had changed or I did it wrong the first time (rec'd JotForm conf email)
  • [2/3] received no-reply@tamu.edu vaccination registration invitation email -- woohoo! -- /happyface
  • --- unable to complete the registration form b/c date/time dropdown was empty -- typing "Wednesday" or "1pm" or "Friday" (as instructed) only resulted in an invalid form field error msg -- /sadface
  • [2/4] received no-reply@tamu.edu email with subject: "First Dose Appointment NOT YET CONFIRMED!" -- woohoo! they know I'm trying!
  • --- continued to come back several times and try to complete the registration form, even after it had been fixed and additional text had been added to note that, "if you're not seeing dates/times, that means we're there aren't any" -- no luck -- /sadfaceagain
  • [2/6] opened registration form again, you know, just in case.. was still unable to pick date/time for 1st dose --BUT-- a Submit button was present, so I clicked on it, got some kind of "thank you" or confirmation... o... kay... /skepticalface
  • [2/8] tried to open registration form again, got "Thank you for your interest, but you have already completed this survey" message.. /nonplussedface

Sincerely,

so much for BC's "perfectly good" vaccine operation......
happyinBCS
Just got my first vaccine today at the Brazos center, a very efficient operation kudos to all. My second one is scheduled for 3/4 I will be in Fredericksburg the month of March so I have a call in to those folks to get it there. I have many friends older than me that have not received theirs yet I hope they get in soon again a very well run operation
Goose83
AG
happyinBCS said:

Just got my first vaccine today at the Brazos center, a very efficient operation kudos to all. My second one is scheduled for 3/4 I will be in Fredericksburg the month of March so I have a call in to those folks to get it there. I have many friends older than me that have not received theirs yet I hope they get in soon again a very well run operation
Yeah, it's just the question of getting the doses. According to some volunteers I know, they are capable of immunizing at least 10,000 a week if they can get the vaccines (which is a very big "if" for the foreseeable future).

Post removed:
by user
TommyBrady
AG
Just got mine and 0 checks on if I medically needed it or not. Quick and pretty well ran. We should be doing thousands more than we are. We need more vaccines
trouble
AG
All second doses for this week at MatureWell cancelled.
cavscout96
AG
Goose83 said:

happyinBCS said:

Yeah, it's just the question of getting the doses. According to some volunteers I know, they are capable of immunizing at least 10,000 a week if they can get the vaccines (which is a very big "if" for the foreseeable future).

I have some beach property in Idaho you might be interested in...
basketaggie
AG
theNetSmith said:

Dear Abby,

Sincerely,

I'm sorry you are stuck in limbo! What I think is interesting - they said they were doing 1B by first come first serve- but I registered 6 Jan and have not been sent an email to register at all. I actually was able to get my vaccine through another method- but as the news has said, the hub has no way of knowing that. I hope they get the tech stuff straightened out. Why this wasn't planned before hand and tested seems to have been one of the downfalls.
Goose83
AG
cavscout96 said:

Goose83 said:

happyinBCS said:

I have some beach property in Idaho you might be interested in...
These were experienced medical people I talked to, not lay people or bureaucrats.

Anyway it's a moot point, because we're not going to be getting anywhere near that amount of vaccines anytime soon (in fact almost no one outside of the big population centers is going to come close to sniffing that amount for some time (if ever)).
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
I don't think they knew until today how many they were getting and how many were going to the Brazos center
happyinBCS
happyinBCS
Maybe you should run the operation, all you do is complain
BQ_90
AG
happyinBCS said:

So you're happy with how few people the county has vaccinated compared to say Washington County?

You don't see how it's an issue that the person in charge lives in New Mexico?
Born&Raised
[You earned a time out. Check your email. - Staff]
trouble
AG
That's really not called for.
meteorag06
AG
The number they vaccinate is dependent on how many vaccines they receive. I'm pretty sure no doses have been wasted.

Real question is why are other places getting more vaccines than Brazos County?
dubi
AG
Why would they vaccinate some 1st dose at Brazos Center instead of the committed 2nd dose at Mature Well?
meteorag06
AG
dubi said:

Why would they vaccinate some 1st dose at Brazos Center instead of the committed 2nd dose at Mature Well?
Good question. If the allotment when down for the event center, i'm assuming it went down for everyone.
Post removed:
by user
cavscout96
AG
In Washington county today so I went by the fairgrounds.

It was awesome to see a well run op.

Sheriff deputies and NG folks most prevelant, but also learned that the Ag extension team is supporting, I guess because they have a big portion of the facility.

Ducked my head in and saw the command post as well.

It was exactly as I expected. Good comms. Constant updates and status tracking. They even had three gals calling wait list folks to fill spots for cancellations. Looked like the Jerry Lewis telethon.

Maybe BC EM folks should take a field trip to Brenham.
cavscout96
AG
happyinBCS said:

I've had A&M students that worked for me that could do a better job than BC officials have.
trouble
AG
Why? They aren't running anything. The Red Cross is in charge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.