COVID VACCINE

175,967 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There must be a big big number of 1B folks because I sometimes wonder if they just deleted our information at St Jo's. It would make sense for our PCP , who has all the ages of her patients on record, to call and get a roll started. We've heard nothing from ours, yet have friends who got "the call" from their PCP. It's crazy.
cavscout96
AG
ill buy that...
cavscout96
AG
Counterpoint said:

Will counties get "punished" forever for starting off poorly, or do they get a chance to make up for it?
In other words, since the Brazos rollout has been underwhelming at best, will we always have a smaller allotment?
you reinforce success... not failure
Goose83
AG
Bucketrunner said:

There must be a big big number of 1B folks because I sometimes wonder if they just deleted our information at St Jo's. It would make sense for our PCP , who has all the ages of her patients on record, to call and get a roll started. We've heard nothing from ours, yet have friends who got "the call" from their PCP. It's crazy.
Yeah, I'm going to give mine a call early next week - Even if I don't get an appointment, maybe I can find out just what the Hades is going on.
Nosmo
AG
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/covid19/COVID_Vaccine_Principles_HCW_Definition.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0KnRzzDLxPTzy8vpgqyUU1smc3rBUNrOFW7JmfzUH005mPLyqFCgBVaz0

Quote:

Vaccine Allocation Guiding Principles

Texas will allocate COVID-19 vaccines that are in limited supply based on:

Protecting health care workers who fill a critical role in caring for and preserving the
lives of COVID-19 patients and maintaining the health care infrastructure for all who
need it.

Protecting front-line workers who are at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 due to the
nature of their work providing critical services and preserving the economy.

Protecting vulnerable populations who are at greater risk of severe disease and death if
they contract COVID-19.

Mitigating health inequities due to factors such as demographics, poverty, insurance
status and geography.

Data-driven allocations using the best available scientific evidence and epidemiology at
the time, allowing for flexibility for local conditions.

Geographic diversity through a balanced approach that considers access in urban and
rural communities and in affected ZIP codes.

Transparency through sharing allocations with the public and seeking public feedback.

Lots of factors on who get's allocations other than healthcare workers and older people with health issues.
cavscout96
AG
Lots of buzz words in that statement.

I guess it makes them sleep better at night.
H2SAag
AG
At least we haven't had a screw up like this.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/1-900-moderna-vaccine-doses-spoiled-at-boston-hospital-after-freezer-is-unplugged.html?origin=BHRE&utm_source=BHRE&utm_medium=email&utm_content=newsletter&oly_enc_id=3558C8941323B0X
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
AG
WOW!
Nosmo
AG
Total shots per day, Brazos county updated today 1/23/21 as of midnight 1/22/21 (Friday). Allocations are per 1st dose and 2nd dose.

1/10---047 Sun
1/11---222 Mon
1/12---377 Tue
1/13---964 Wed
1/14---750 Thu
1/15---707 Fri
1/16---358 Sat
1/17---223 Sun
1/18---165 Mon
1/19---224 Tue
1/20---143 Wed
1/21---267 Thu
1/22---516 Fri
1/23---489 Sat (edit 1 update 1/24)

Trailing 7 day average is 290 shots per day. Allocations are once a week. State only states shipments on a statewide basis. No county info.
Goose83
AG
Nosmo said:

Total shots per day, Brazos county updated today 1/23/21 as of midnight 1/22/21 (Friday). Allocations are per 1st dose and 2nd dose.

1/10---047 Sun
1/11---222 Mon
1/12---377 Tue
1/13---964 Wed
1/14---750 Thu
1/15---707 Fri
1/16---358 Sat
1/17---223 Sun
1/18---165 Mon
1/19---224 Tue
1/20---143 Wed
1/21---267 Thu
1/22---516 Fri

Trailing 7 day average is 271 shots per day. Allocations are once a week. State only states shipments on a statewide basis. No county info.
At 271 shots a day, it's going to take three (3) years to vaccinate all 270,000+ residents of Brazos County.
Goose83
AG
cavscout96 said:

Lots of buzz words in that statement.

I guess it makes them sleep better at night.
Words, not deeds.
Nosmo
AG
Quote:

At 271 shots a day, it's going to take three (3) years to vaccinate all 270,000+ residents of Brazos County.
The state has the same problem at 67,000 doses allocated a day. Would take 2-1/2 years. But this is day 42 of vaccine distributions and it's projected that more manufactures will come online.

The bigger issue to me is slowing down the deaths significantly which is much easier than vaccinating everybody.
And this past week Texas allocated 1 million doses, but only 1/3 of that is for first time shots.
Post removed:
by user
gettingitdone
keep in mind that there are many citizens don't want and won't get the vaccine. Also, if I am correct, the vaccine is only being offered to those 18 yrs and older so that eliminates a pretty big portion of our population.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Washington County hub doing another 2,000 round of shots next week.
Post removed:
by user
cavscout96
cavscout96
AG
TwoTimeAg said:

Washington County hub doing another 2,000 round of shots next week.
so, in two iterations, Washington County will be at 50% of what Brazos has done in a month..... Bravo!
texasaggie04
AG
The pharmacy school at A&M just did a few hundred first dose vaccines yesterday. No clue where they got it or how it will be reported, but the numbers will get a bump from that (or will bump in three weeks when the second dose is administered).
nought
AG
I thought that the Brazos County vaccine hub was supposed to open at the Brazos Center tomorrow. I haven't heard a peep about it lately though. Anybody have more info?
Goose83
AG
texasaggie04 said:

The pharmacy school at A&M just did a few hundred first dose vaccines yesterday. No clue where they got it or how it will be reported, but the numbers will get a bump from that (or will bump in three weeks when the second dose is administered).
Great - Another list we'll have to sign up for.
Post removed:
by user
BQ_90
AG
nought said:

I thought that the Brazos County vaccine hub was supposed to open at the Brazos Center tomorrow. I haven't heard a peep about it lately though. Anybody have more info?
You can't just open up a hub, you gotta study it, plan, it, think it, examine how they do it all over the country. Since there isn't any examples in other counties that are within hour drive

Then you need find any retired buddies that use to work for the county then give them job no matter what state they live in.

Then maybe in a year or two you open a hub. Esp when you're blitzing the community with dozens of vaccines each day
Born&Raised
Slocum on a mobile said:

nought said:

Maybe the internet is down in New Mexico?

Seriously. Not a peep out of the "Brazzus County Aww Shucks Gang"

Why should they care - they are permanently in charge and everyone knows it... they could bankrupt CS and they would all get re-elected.

Frankly it is sickening - just how 'in line' everyone is in this town.

Nearly every elected person have their vaccine and brags about it to this neighbors - while BC can LIE to people about a HUB on the 25th...
They were lying then and they will lie in the future and nobody cares

McDonald's and Netflix
nought
AG
I haven't heard anything from our vaccine czar lately.

Meanwhile, leadership:

https://www.myhighplains.com/news/local-news/city-of-amarillo-vaccine-walk-in-clinic-announces-new-schedule/

https://www.newschannel10.com/2021/01/22/amarillo-is-leading-nation-vaccination-rates/

Amarillo peak vaccinations for a single day so far was 2,800.
jwj
I just spoke with one of the county commissioners who said hub to begin Thursday. Said no vaccine available and when i asked why no one is complaining about the lack of vaccine, I didn't get a satisfactory response. Asked about Stewart. Said he would be here this week.
Call your county commissioner if this upsets you.
jim james
Nosmo
AG
jwj said:

I just spoke with one of the county commissioners who said hub to begin Thursday. Said no vaccine available and when i asked why no one is complaining about the lack of vaccine, I didn't get a satisfactory response. Asked about Stewart. Said he would be here this week.
Could you share / summarize his response?
MadDog73
AG
Email sent.
Born&Raised
jwj said:

Haha! Yea right! You mean this Thursday plus 3 months!

It's a joke.
nought
AG
Nosmo said:

Could you share / summarize his response?

Wild guess: "Aww shucks!"
cavscout96
AG
jwj said:

with his travel, lodging, and per diem at $100/day lodging and $60/day for meals.
Post removed:
by user
TommyBrady
AG
If you know any commissioners let them they know they are incredibly inept at their job and they need to resign and stop hurting this county.

If anybody knows of any candidates that need help next election getting these idiots voted out message me
lost my dog
Let me first say I think the vaccine roll out has been a crap show. I think there has been piss-poor planning at multiple levels of government. I also think the pharma companies may have over-promised how many doses they could deliver, and that the public doesn't realize how complicated it is to make the RNA-based vaccines.

But the most amusing thing on Texags is to see people who for 12 months have been saying the Covid is no big deal, not worse than the flu, etc., now getting so upset that vaccines aren't available on demand. I mean, if Covid wasn't that big a deal 6 months ago, and we didn't need to wear masks, why are you upset you can't get vaccinated now?

That being said, I will wait in line and get vaccinated the first chance I get. The sooner the better.
TommyBrady
AG
We want this ****show to end thats why people care so much now. The sooner we get this shot in arms the sooner we can end this bs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.