BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,882 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's Mark, David and Greg's land and they've been discussing moving Farm Patch there for years.

I'm sure if they got a solid ground lease from a National credit grocer they might jump on it, but farm patch is def in the conversation
bcstx06
australopithecus robustus said:

That's Mark, David and Greg's land and they've been discussing moving Farm Patch there for years.

I'm sure if they got a solid ground lease from a National credit grocer they might jump on it, but farm patch is def in the conversation

Well there is definitely reasons for them to stay in their current location and be a part of the new Midtown Bryan. I'm sure the City of Bryan would be willing to offer incentives for a new building to keep them there. If not, they should.
halibut sinclair
A new building would take away the uniqueness of the Farm Patch, IMO. I hope they keep the old spot if they open a second location.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Quote:

I didn't make that connection at first but did initially think it would be fantastic if the Farm Patch would move or open a second location there. I've always felt they don't get much business just because not many people know about them.

Been here long?
Slocum on a mobile said:

Only downside of FP is the parking.

There's plenty of parking in the lot next door across Pleasant St.
toolshed
AG
And behind the plants/ nursery building. Took me a while to find that lot.
waltonloads11
AG
Any more news about the ChicFilA in West Bryan? I feel like we been waiting for ever.
ag009
AG
waltonloads11 said:

Any more news about the ChicFilA in West Bryan? I feel like we been waiting for ever.
Same...
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Only downside of FP is the parking.

In 30 yrs I've always parked closer to the merchandise at FP than at H-E-B. ........... by a factor of about 10X
AG
Anyone know more about the median additions on George Bush? Is this the prelude to the anticipated GB/Wellborn intersection project? Any updates on that timeline?

Counts as coming and going as the left onto my street from westbound George Bush is clearly "going".
MisterShipWreck
I just saw the signs today... Macy's is closing. I have been expecting it everytime Macy's talks about shutting down more stores.

Sad to see the store close, though...
halibut sinclair
MisterShipWreck said:

I just saw the signs today... Macy's is closing. I have been expecting it everytime Macy's talks about shutting down more stores.

Reported here back on 1/5.
MisterShipWreck
halibut sinclair said:

MisterShipWreck said:

Reported here back on 1/5.
I missed that. I looked at the 1st post on this thread. And on pages 3 and 4, and did not see it mentioned...
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

rocketscience said:

https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/KELLY%20utc%20reworked%20flyer_compressed%20final%2012_10_high%20res_%20%28002%29.pdf?v=1607615174

Leasing brochure for the redeveloped University Town Center, supposed to start Q1 of this year. This would be amazing if they complete all three phases as proposed.

From the renderings, it looks like the Farm Patch will be moving there.
That stinks. I would've liked to see something like Trader Joe's there. At the same time, it looks like they lost substantial parking with the College Avenue re-do.
halibut sinclair
PS3D said:

bcstx06 said:

rocketscience said:

https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/KELLY%20utc%20reworked%20flyer_compressed%20final%2012_10_high%20res_%20%28002%29.pdf?v=1607615174

Leasing brochure for the redeveloped University Town Center, supposed to start Q1 of this year. This would be amazing if they complete all three phases as proposed.

From the renderings, it looks like the Farm Patch will be moving there.
That stinks. I would've liked to see something like Trader Joe's there. At the same time, it looks like they lost substantial parking with the College Avenue re-do.

Nothing has been confirmed - all just rumors at this point. The plans say "Proposed Grocer". Plus, they have plenty of parking at the current location.
Bones2012
AG
Bubbies Kolache and deli bakery coming in to the new strip center in between tads and the Exxon in south cs
Slagathor
AG
Saw a sign up for What's the Buzz Coffee at the previously vacant JJ's Liquor location on Texas across from Harvey. I wonder if this means they'll be moving from their south CS location behind the Tractor Supply?
bobinator
AG
Been trying to figure out where the new place was going to be based on their Instagram. That's an odd choice for location.
Collectonian
Per Krab Kingz Facebook, the Cheez'N truck is moving into the now open food truck park
RiverDog
MiMi
S
Quote:

Is it confirmed that Ulta Beauty is closing?
Where was this announced? That store is always super busy. I would be sad to see it leave.
Law361
AG
Will they have donuts?!
Bones2012
AG
Law361 said:

Will they have donuts?!

Not sure, don't know anything about them. I just passed by there the other day and saw their sign in the window.
Bones2012
AG
There is a new sign up for the future home of extra co bank in the vacant lot just north of Christ United Methodist church in between rock prairie and William d Fitch. Has anybody heard of this bank? I am not familiar with them.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Frost Bank?
PS3D
Bones2012 said:

There is a new sign up for the future home of extra co bank in the vacant lot just north of Christ United Methodist church in between rock prairie and William d Fitch. Has anybody heard of this bank? I am not familiar with them.
Extraco Bank has two locations in town, one a storefront location near Walmart (CS) and one off of Texas Avenue in Bryan.
Aggieland Proud
AG
Frost Bank is the bank currently under construction just south of where the new sign recently appeared. That sign being referred to is closer to CUMC.
susieq30
I saw somewhere recently that they are closing but moving into Target stores.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep, you're right; I have a classmate that will be moving there
bcstx06
There is a new custom cookie shop going in downtown Bryan on Sims Street in a new building with retail at the bottom and residential units above. It's called Busha's Custom Cookies. https://www.bushascustomcookies.com/

That area is starting to really look nice with all of the revitalization and new developments going in.
trouble
AG
She has great stuff! I have bought from her several times at The Local at Lakewalk.
OnlyANobody
If you're referring to the Sponsored ads that continuously appear on social media, the answer is that they are fake ads not posted by Ulta. (also note no blue checkmark)

Ulta did announce some store closures last year, but were expected to be completed in the third and fourth quarters, 2020. See Here I didn't find (or look very hard for) a list of expected closures.
Bones2012
AG
Has anyone heard any updates about snooze and 5 guys burgers and fries going into the new development on university next to the Hilton? I see Charles Schwab investments is opening a location there as well.

I think both of those restaurants would do really well in that location if they are still going in there.
JayHowdy!
Bones2012 said:

Has anyone heard any updates about snooze and 5 guys burgers and fries going into the new development on university next to the Hilton? I see Charles Schwab investments is opening a location there as well.

I think both of those restaurants would do really well in that location if they are still going in there.
I drove by there yesterday. Someone is working on the space closest to Starbucks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.