French Drains

2,714 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JMac03
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tell me your positive experiences with french drains.

Who did the work? How has it been working? Are there any other options that you've had more success with?

Thank you and Happy New Year!
AggiePhil
AG
Gary Welch, Welch Construction. Highly recommend. If you need one, you need one.
Slamn Sharpe
I youtube'd these a couple of years ago and watched a video of a guy making one. The video was mostly in x5 or whatever speed it was in. He did use regular speed when needed to help viewers learn exactly what he did. It took the guy several days to do it by himself. When he was finished he had a short clip of the drain working as it rained and it did very well.

I see them in neighborhoods all the time
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Recently had one installed, and it works. Drains the water very well post rain events. I would have liked more fall/slope but it's difficult to achieve over the distance and pipe size.

Water backs up still and pools in the back yard, but rather than sit for days and evaporate, it now drains out much better.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
American Landscape
James Moreno

Did ours in Traditions. One long one between us and neighbor probably 100-125 ft long. Another across my back yard thats 50-60 ft long and has a few "spokes"

They work great when properly installed and his are very well done. It was just done in August and the grass is already 75% grown over the rocks

Highly recommend him. He gave us a firm price quote and not only stuck to it, but did additional work hooking up my gutter downspouts to the underground drain pipe
Had french drains put in back yard where we usually had a lake and no grass would grow due to so much water - they absolutely saved us during Harvey - we definitely would have had a flooded house without them. Oh, and we have grass now.
aggiepaintrain
AG
American Lawn does good work, known James 20 years 979-412-5792
that's who I would call
FJB
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

American Lawn does good work, known James 20 years 979-412-5792
that's who I would call

Definitely X2
Lots of contractors do french drains because they can charge more. Go with a swale if possible. Cheaper and no long term maintenance headaches.
JMac03
AG
We have one and we have been really pleased with it. I can't remember who we went with but he was significantly lower than some of the bigger name companies we went with. I can get the info if you want.

And to add to it - we discussed one option and it didn't work well (2 smaller pipes) so his people came back out on his dime and red-dug it back up and put a bigger pipe down. We are pleased.
Broncos
Yea, I'd like to explore my options if you can find who it was. Haven't contacted anyone yet so the more referrals the better.

Thanks everyone for the recs!

JMac03
AG
Ricky Pennick nine seven nine two two zero 1645
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.