Shutting down bars... again

12,573 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capt. America
legalbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?

jeffk
AG
Let's leave the childish nicknames and China virus silliness to the politics board please.
FlyRod
Justin2010
AG
Email from Judge Peters:

Since I have not been officially notified by the state about the county's change in status, which I have not, and if the bars have not been warned to close by TABC, my information is they can continue to do business as they had been.
trouble
AG
I'll take it
Post removed:
by user
Rapier108
Slocum on a mobile said:

I don't know about y'all, but I'm about "two more weeks"ed the @&$! Out.....
Pretty sure it has moved on to "two more months" now.
woodiewood1
I am glad that people can't carry Covid-19 into Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot to infect all the dozens of persons they get within a couple of feet and from the hundreds of persons leave the virus on all of the products they touch. Gives me a peace of mind when I shop.

australopithecus robustus
woodiewood1 said:

I am glad that people can't carry Covid-19 into Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot to infect all the dozens of persons they get within a couple of feet and from the hundreds of persons leave the virus on all of the products they touch. Gives me a peace of mind when I shop.

This x 1million! Those stores don't have a Mixed Beverage permit that a TABC agent can rip off the wall at will, so they can operate without the burden of possible closure.
Muzzleblast
Another reason there should be no liquor licenses.

You should not need permission from the state to earn a living.

There's tons of licenses and bureaucracy that needs to be dumped.
75AG
AG

[Please start a thread if you would like to discuss that subject. Thank you. -Staff]
Tumble Weed
I thought of this thread when I saw the news. Maybe taking the time to send an email made the difference. A thank you to everyone on this thread that called a spade a spade, and took action.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/01/07/brazos-county-judge-says-he-has-no-plans-to-roll-back-capacity-of-bars-and-restaurants/
Capt. America
AG
It seems like we are in the clear for the moment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.