Need an Expert Drywaller/Texturer

1,992 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BucketofBalls99
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still working on a bathroom remodel in the year that will never end. We need to have someone come in and fill in some areas with drywall/float and tape/texture to match current wall texture in a few areas on the ceiling (wall was knocked out) and a few walls, not the entire room. Anybody know someone who we can hire to do a great job on this?
TxSquarebody
Call Bill Bingham 979-693-8224

Or Gary (maddiedou)
AnchorFoundation
I see a lot of cracks in walls, and Carl Exner is the best:

(979) 542-8195
BCSWguru
Best option posts here frequently, by the name of Maddiedou
TxSquarebody
LSCSN said:

Best option posts here frequently, by the name of Maddiedou

Gary is an awesome guy! I'd like to modify my suggestion!
CollegeStationMaid
If you haven't found anyone, give T Ritchey with Glory Enterprise a call
979-218-2335
Dial9114T@yahoo.com
ag4christ19
Another vote for Gary. He repaired a crack in ceiling where a/c drain had leaked at one of my parents' rent houses. Did great job matching existing texture. And he's a great guy
one MEEN Ag
AG
Just beware, all trades people charge 90% of a full job's price to fix the 50% completed jobs they see by homeowners.
EliteElectric
user name checks out
legalbird
There is only one answer if you want a fair quote and someone to show up to do the work correctly

Gary is your man
TKDMom
oneMEEN Ag Can you explain what you meant by that comment? You lost me at All; 90%; and 50%
one MEEN Ag
AG
TKDMom said:

oneMEEN Ag Can you explain what you meant by that comment? You lost me at All; 90%; and 50%
Usually when a DIYer gets in over their head on a project and call in the pros the DIYer thinks, oh I've already done half of this job, I can get the contractor just bid half of their rate to finish up my remaining 50% work.

And thats not how it works. Because if a DIYer is in over their head, they probably did something wrong that needs to be fixed with the work already done. Or the DIYer did the work a different order/way than what a contractor would do and that throws off the contractors workflow/quickest time. Lots of DIY work ripped out and gnashing of the teeth.

Its a joke that you used to see at mechanic shops or other hourly labor trades advertising their rates.

$15.00/hour for me to do it.
$30.00/hour to fix your half way done job.
$500.00/hour if you stand over my shoulder and tell me how to do it.

And drywall is certainly one of those situations. Because the hallmark of a bad DIY job is huge gaps between pieces and praying that 'spackle and paint make me the drywaller I ain't.' A pro could spend just as much, if not more, time fixing jagged edge drywall vs cutting a new sheet and having a pristine corner they don't have to perfectly cover up.
BucketofBalls99
Call Gary (maddiedou)!! He repaired a ceiling and it matched great and even matched an old texture style. He's your man! Really really great guy as well

I did have some work done by T Richey one time and would not recommend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.