Tad's Restaurant

6,692 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by woodiewood1
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tad's is a little more fancy than Walk-ons. We went 3 times. Every time looked like they weren't busy at all, open spots everywhere, at least a 30 min wait. The first two times we just went to Walk-ons instead. The 3rd we had already decided we'd just wait it out. Until stuff gets built around it, the parking lot is a pain in the ass. It's just a U shape right now so you can't turn around if cars are parked in the spots.

Cajun queso was average. Dinner had very large portions and we thought it was good. We'll probably try it again but we love Walk-ons and I've never had to wait there.
Heismenberg
AG
Been to both. I enjoyed both. Can't remember what I got from Walk-ons cause it was before COVID. Recently got the crawfish bowl at Tad's and I thought it was delicious and huge portion.

I'd like to go to Walk-ons again soon. I do remember that I got Boudin balls for an appetizer and I thought they were great.
Boozer92
AG
Been to both. Food and portions were better at Tads. But I would rather go to Walk ons for drinks with friends that includes food. I liked walkons food just fine.
Wicked Good Ag
TxSquarebody said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

TxSquarebody said:

Food there is fantastic!
Pro Tip: The bowl of gumbo will feed 2-3 normal people.

Umm no it won't. I liked the one time we went and will go again but that isn't correct

The wife and I went and both ordered a bowl of gumbo. We packed up 64 ounces as leftovers. It's a very big, very good, bowl of gumbo!

Making a couple of dinner plans this week and looked at some threads for suggestions. You are saying two bowls of gumbo AFTER eating at the restaurant you had a half a gallon left over?? Really seems far fetched
deh40
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

TxSquarebody said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

TxSquarebody said:

Food there is fantastic!

Umm no it won't. I liked the one time we went and will go again but that isn't correct

The wife and I went and both ordered a bowl of gumbo. We packed up 64 ounces as leftovers. It's a very big, very good, bowl of gumbo!

Making a couple of dinner plans this week and looked at some threads for suggestions. You are saying two bowls of gumbo AFTER eating at the restaurant you had a half a gallon left over?? Really seems far fetched
Very far fetched. I had the gumbo as a meal with no appetizers or sides. It was a good size bowl, but I had no leftovers.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
We had Tads last night. We started off with the crawfish queso which was very good. My daughter selected the fried alligator and the waitress (McKenna, who was very helpful, friendly, and efficient) suggested she get the appetizer and a side rather than the meal since the portion would be smaller. It was very good and she was barely able to eat a quarter of it. My husband had the seafood plate with fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp, oysters, and hush puppies. He wasn't even able to finish half and was very full. All of it was good, but the highlight was the stuffed shrimp. It was absolutely delicious. I was trying to decide between the etouffee and gumbo. Our waitress recommended the etouffee. It was fine. It's say it was better than Walk-Ons but not as good as Shipwreck Grill. Very thick and a lot of rice. Overall, we were happy with the food and service and intend to go back.
woodiewood1
deh40 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

TxSquarebody said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

TxSquarebody said:

Food there is fantastic!

Very far fetched. I had the gumbo as a meal with no appetizers or sides. It was a good size bowl, but I had no leftovers.
I didn't care for the taste of the gumbo. It is probably good, but there is a flavor in it that I don't like.

We didn't have a half gallon left...in fact I bet each portion wasn't more than a pint of gumbo....nothing was left.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.