Bye bye President Young - 12/31/2020

3,976 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Cholula Verde
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
President Young leaving early: https://president.tamu.edu/messages/announcement.html

I was hoping this would happen. Now Chancellor Sharp - please make a better hire next time.
trouble
AG
Happy birthday to me!
TexasAggie_02
AG
too bad he's still going to be around. How convenient that he will head a new center that he himself created a year ago. He knew he his days as pres were numbered, and created his own escape cushion.
Tailgate88
AG
Tailgate88
AG
nm
Dr. Perry Cox
When do we get a new Chancellor???
FlyRod
Professor John Junkins named Interim President. Currently heads the Hagler Institute for Advanced Studies.
isitjustme
AG
Provost Fierke gone to Brandeis Univ where she got her PhD, as per soon to gone Pres Young email. Both gone from those leadership positions as of 12/31. At least 2020 will end well!
cavscout96
AG
FlyRod said:

Professor John Junkins named Interim President. Currently heads the Hagler Institute for Advanced Studies.
I have a trusted friend who's worked directly with Dr. Junkins and stated that he is a fantastic person and choice for the position, interim, or not.
oldag00
AG
Cholula Verde
AG
Well this has been an eventful year! Let's see, we got a new Vet School Dean, we are getting a new VP for Diversity and Inclusion, we are getting a much needed new President and a new Provost (hope the next two have better personal grooming skills than the ones leaving). Wonder which one of the big leadership recruits from Meesheegun will be next......... maybe the VP of Research? At least we will start the new year off with a lot of hope for better things to come! Gig'Em!
FlyRod
"Personal grooming skills." Glad you have your eyes on the qualifications that matter most.

Cool that this forum has degenerated into infantile attacks on the personal appearance of A&M officials.
Stupe
S
Very few tears are being shed over that.
Cholula Verde
AG
When a persons slovenliness is first thing a prospective donor remembers about representatives of our University I would definitely say personal grooming skills or, in their case lack thereof, definitely becomes an important consideration!
jeffk
AG
cavscout96 said:

FlyRod said:

I have a trusted friend who's worked directly with Dr. Junkins and stated that he is a fantastic person and choice for the position, interim, or not.

I was able to work with him for a Hagler function this spring and was truly impressed. Very genuine man with a great love for our university.
Cholula Verde
AG
Well good morning Fly! I see you felt the need to add this little gem (Cool that this forum has degenerated into infantile attacks on the personal appearance of A&M officials.) to your comment this morning. FYI my observation is not uniquely my own as it has been voiced by MANY at donor events for the past five+ years. While those that float around the University in the research/teaching realms may adhere to the casual West Coast style with little or no criticism, those in leadership roles who lack professionalism in their appearance will not be looked upon with the same acceptance. So, if your desire is to move into leadership in the near future you may want to take one of those courses offered to students over in career services so you can brush up on your etiquette before seeking your next dream job. Have a wonderful day!
halibut sinclair
So what's the deal? They stink or wear dirty clothes or don't wash their hair or what?
isitjustme
AG
halibut sinclair said:

So what's the deal? They stink or wear dirty clothes or don't wash their hair or what?
Probably means they don't put much effort in their appearance, and appearances are important to some, and appearance expectations vary based on your position.

Young and Fierke could look like friggin movie stars and it still wouldn't overcome the immense harm they inflicted on the Aggie community. That harm (and not appearances) is probably the biggest reason donations are down.
FlyRod

[If you make an infantile attack like that on a poster again you will be banned. -Staff]
Cholula Verde
AG
LOL! Never said "her selection and her departure were tied to her hygiene." On another note, I would wager the folks over in the Health Sciences Center are real glad they won't have to listen to Dr "We did it this way in Michigan" tell them they "aren't real scientists" any more. In fact, I am willing to wager there are many around the University that are glad they won't have to hear that same reference after December 31st. But, sounds like you are a big fan so there's that going for you!
FlyRod
Neither a fan nor an adversary...on administrators I'm quite neutral.

It amuses me however that no matter who steps into this or that TAMU office, this board erupts in outrage at some point. I wish the interim president and provost all the best in their caretaker roles.
Cholula Verde
AG
"I wish the interim president and provost all the best in their caretaker roles."

I agree with you. I would extend the same best wishes to their spouses too!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.