crime tape going up at americas best value inn

3,624 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Captn_Ag05
ratfacemcdougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody on the scanners know what is going on?
Tailgate88
AG

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/11/24/active-police-scene-at-local-hotel/

Quote:

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - There is an active police investigation at a hotel off Highway 6 and Pinon Drive near Rock Prairie Road in College Station.

College Station police confirmed they are investigating a deceased person. Police were called to the hotel after the person did not check out of their room.

No other information is available at this time.

KBTX has a reporter on the scene and will update this story as additional information becomes available.
gigem92
AG
ratfacemcdougal
I was thinking it was a deceased person since there were no sirens, all of the CSPD vehicles were there with no lights and all of the officers were just calmly walking around.
legalbird
please keep our police funded
Aggie
AG
That place needs to be shut down.

people permantly live there and ton of crime happens there.

techno-ag
AG
legalbird said:

please keep our police funded
Defend the police not defund.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Aggie said:

Waaayyyyy back in the early 90's, my wife's dorm mate actually lived with her boyfriend in that dump while telling her parents she lived in the dorm.

I think we met her a couple of times that year. She seemed like the kind of girl who would live with her redneck boyfriend in a dumpy motel.
FlyRod
Putting aside thoughts about defunding police that is unlikely to occur and where poor people should or should not live, do we have any updates on this situation? I hope all parties are ok.
4lilmonkeys
Aggie said:

Truckers frequently park there on nights and weekends. It's not uncommon to see prostitutes if you roll through there in the early morning hours. I wouldn't be sad to see it go.
Builder93
AG
4lilmonkeys said:

Aggie said:

Truckers frequently park there on nights and weekends. It's not uncommon to see prostitutes if you roll through there in the early morning hours. I wouldn't be sad to see it go.
I'm betting their are lots of trafficked girls going through there if that is the case. I wonder why we haven't seen more police operations there.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Aggie said:

As long as Coco Loco stays
isitjustme
AG
Aggie said:

If it gets shut down, then the criminals will need to live and conduct business some place. Hopefully it's not near my house, or yours.
ratfacemcdougal
Builder93 said:

4lilmonkeys said:

Aggie said:

I'm betting their are lots of trafficked girls going through there if that is the case. I wonder why we haven't seen more police operations there.
I love baseless, wholesale comments. At the hotel, there are not many guests since they tore down the back wing and built the Microtel. Microtel's occupancy is much higher. On crimemapping.com there are more incident reports from 2300 and 2500 texas ave then there are from 1800 ponderosa and 3700 hwy 6. in the past 6 months. I am through there every morning and I have yet to see any prostitutes or people wandering around the trucks. There is not any evidence of permanent guests either. There have been some long term workers there just like the microtel. just recently, a tree company stayed at the microtel for over a week. I think in the past before the microtel upgrade, things probably were worse though.
Builder93
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Builder93 said:

4lilmonkeys said:

Aggie said:

I love baseless, wholesale comments. At the hotel, there are not many guests since they tore down the back wing and built the Microtel. Microtel's occupancy is much higher. On crimemapping.com there are more incident reports from 2300 and 2500 texas ave then there are from 1800 ponderosa and 3700 hwy 6. in the past 6 months. I am through there every morning and I have yet to see any prostitutes or people wandering around the trucks. There is not any evidence of permanent guests either. There have been some long term workers there just like the microtel. just recently, a tree company stayed at the microtel for over a week. I think in the past before the microtel upgrade, things probably were worse though.
That's why I used the bolded prepositional phrase. It's a part of the English language that allows conditions to statements. Also, when did you start managing the hotel?
ratfacemcdougal
It was more about the comments from aggie and monkey
Builder93
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

It was more about the comments from aggie and monkey
More about.....
4lilmonkeys
ratfacemcdougal said:

Builder93 said:

4lilmonkeys said:

Aggie said:

It's a "baseless comment" just because you haven't seen it with your own two eyes?

Okay.

Well. I drive through there multiple times a day, since it's my "shortcut" around Deacon/Longmire. I've lived in Southwood Valley for over 16 years, so I feel like my experience is worth more than just a simple thrown out "wholesale" comment on a message board.

I regularly leave my house before the sun comes up, which is typically when things like prostitution occur. I also drive through late at at night on occasion, again, a time when crime usually happens. That entire block is ripe for those kinds of things, considering the whole run down motel across from a mold infested hotel with a vacant parking lot behind it thing.

More than once I've witnessed women walking to/from trucks from the motel. Maybe they're staying there, maybe they aren't. I wouldn't really care except for the sole fact that I live a block away and care about what happens close to where I'm raising my kids. Unfortunately for me, I stupidly didn't realize ALL crime shows up on your handy dandy website. So, maybe I'm mistaken and they're just selling candy.

Thank you oh so much for putting me in my place on a local message board. I'll be sure to run all information and opinions by you first for fact checking before posting in the future.
ratfacemcdougal
I need pics of these girls. ha ha
kevmiller
Ok if you don't think that " hotel" is a crime area... you're naive or not looking

Captn_Ag05
AG
Update from KBTX

CONFIRMED UPDATE: College Station police say the man found deceased in a motel last week on Highway 6 is the victim of a suspected domestic violence incident which resulted in a homicide. The man has been identified as Freddy Dean Brent Aguirre, Jr., a 39-year-old resident of Normangee, Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.