Looking for someone to repair/rebuild an ink pen

876 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by powerbelly
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any place (or person) in town who can repair or rebuild an ink pen? I've got the bottom and lid but have no idea how to make it work. Gift to my wife from her mother not too long before she (mother) passed away. Would love to get it working again. TIA!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Not sure I follow, do you mean a fountain pen?

I have a Mont Blanc that I had to send back to the manufacturer to get the nib resealed when it started leaking. Not sure of anyone local to do it. There's also a pen shop in Houston that may be able to help.
DisneyFan5
https://www.dromgooles.com

My son loves fountain pens and we made a visit and got some ink. Neat store. Would be a good place to check.
studioone
you talking like a wood pen or something?

I make pens and foundation pens on my lathe... Send me a photo and I MIGHT can help...no promises...

darrin at avalonweddingsbcs dot com
Txmoe
AG
Sorry I wasn't very clear in what I was needing, mainly because I know nothing about pens. Looks like I've got the two main pieces of a ballpoint pen but need something inside to connect them together. Currently they don't fit together so there must be some sort of mechanism that will do that, and make it twist to eject the point. I'll give Dromgoole's a call to see what they say. Appreciate everybody trying to help!
JAG03
AG
Is this a really nice expensive pen or a cheaper pen? If it expensive maybe contact who made and they likely can help. If it's cheaper and store bought maybe buy one just like it and rob parts off the new one to fix the old one?
powerbelly
AG
DisneyFan5 said:

https://www.dromgooles.com

My son loves fountain pens and we made a visit and got some ink. Neat store. Would be a good place to check.
Dromgooles is awesome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.