Bi-annual Wellborn Rd construction starts 11/24

2,265 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure what's going on but there's portable jumbotrons on Wellborn telling about closures starting 11/24. Signs start just south of Fitch. Just an FYI. Anyone know what's going to be done now?
Look Out Below
AG
I would bet on either enlarging Wellborn south of Fitch or doing road maintenance to the RR crossings. They just finished a minor maintenance project at the Bush/Wellborn crossing recently.
ShaggySLC
Aren't they planning on doing something at Wellborn/Barron/Capstone? Also clearing sides of the road between Victoria and Greens Prairie on Wellborn.
LOYAL AG
AG
ShaggySLC said:

Aren't they planning on doing something at Wellborn/Barron/Capstone? Also clearing sides of the road between Victoria and Greens Prairie on Wellborn.
Maybe. They have markers in those areas. The sign says to expect 15 minute delays.
UmustBKidding
I am pretty sure its related to the new crossing where they are going to reroute Royder road over 2154 and connect with Koppe Bridge Rd and close the crossing at north dowling. AFAIK they have not even worked out the right away and crossing for the capstone move to align with Barron.
etj77845
Well this construction site was a real Chinese Fire Drill this morning around 1000. Inbound lane closed, no flagman, no pilot cars...NADA. Northbound traffic was making a U-turn at Hullaballoos.

Going to be a LONG construction period if they don't get their act together.

75AG
AG
Went through at 3:15PM (going North) and at 4PM (going South). Zero problems either way.
ShaggySLC
Electrical lines was the hold up today, but Wellborn is looking like a pain in the butt for the near future
Post removed:
by user
LOYAL AG
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

I bet the county still has I&GN closed too. What's it going on 3 years now?

This is actually getting worked on. Apparently it required Corps of Engineers approval and that took like two years.
UmustBKidding
This is not a county project but one off COCS's great idea.Royder will cross the tracks there and connect with Koppe Bridge and UP will close the south dowling crossing
LOYAL AG
AG
UmustBKidding said:

This is not a county project but one off COCS's great idea.Royder will cross the tracks there and connect with Koppe Bridge and UP will close the south dowling crossing

That's better than what we have today. That south dowling crossing is dangerous with that convenience store and post office there.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.