Best Pizza in BCS

12,387 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FlyRod
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm craving some pizza but something other than the typical Dominoes/Pizza Hut/Papa Johns type. What's the best pizza place in town?
rodan85
AG
We like Howdy's pizza.
tb9665
Piasano's Pizza on Koppe Bridge Road.
Broncos
RX Pizza. Get the Sith Lord.
halibut sinclair
Mr. G's. EOT.
Bucketrunner
Howdy's with ranch sauce, Canadian Bacon, and fried jalapeos.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I like RX by tower point
TxSquarebody
halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

Came here to say this. It is under new ownership. The old man got tired. Food is the same excellent flavor but overall better crusts. Service is top notch as well. The lights are on as well as the A/C. Everything is clean and they are opening up the top floor. You can also come in at 8:15pm and still get served...if you know, you know! G's is great again!!
Love Gun
Get the Mexican Street Corn from Howdy's.

Thank me later.
91_Aggie
AG
Howdys
birdman
RX and Howdys are both excellent. It just depends on what I'm in the mood for.
InMyOpinion
CiCi's

well... only there because they have cinnamon rolls
TxSquarebody
InMyOpinion said:

CiCi's

well... only there because they have cinnamon rolls

halibut sinclair
TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

Came here to say this. It is under new ownership. The old man got tired. Food is the same excellent flavor but overall better crusts. Service is top notch as well. The lights are on as well as the A/C. Everything is clean and they are opening up the top floor. You can also come in at 8:15pm and still get served...if you know, you know! G's is great again!!
I thought Mr. G had taken on a partner and she was helping to "right the ship", so to speak? I always enjoyed Mr. G. himself and the quirkiness of the place. Nevertheless, it's still great pizza.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
No love for Antonio's?

I stopped eating carbs a few years ago, so I haven't had any pizza in a long time, but Antonio's was always awesome.
halibut sinclair
Esteban du Plantier said:

No love for Antonio's?

I stopped eating carbs a few years ago, so I haven't had any pizza in a long time, but Antonio's was always awesome.
We also low carb most of the time. You ever tried these? They are pretty good and Target carries them.

https://www.questnutrition.com/collections/thin-crust-pizza
bobinator
AG
Rx has more good pizzas, but man the Texan at Howdy's is damn good also. Both are great options.

Wife and I love Rx so much we had them cater our rehearsal dinner in 2018.
91_Aggie
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

No love for Antonio's?

Antonio's is good. Townies tend to avoid Northgate, though.
Too far to drive
jskin261
Antonio's
jeffk
AG
Lots of really good pizza in BCS actually. (Might be the food arena this area excels in?) Howdy's is probably our family favorite right now, but I also love Antonio's and Mr. G's (didn't realize the ownership had changed). RX is pretty good, but The Village actually makes a really tasty pie too. I haven't had Paisano's yet, but heard good things - I'm not a deep-dish person typically but I do want to try it out.
FlyRod
Rx. Paisano's for the only Chicago style in town.
AggiePhil
AG
Blue Baker should be on the list.
halibut sinclair
Rx downtown has always been undercooked and soggy in the middle - every time we've been there. No more for us.
AgsWin2011
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Rx downtown has always been undercooked and soggy in the middle - every time we've been there. No more for us.

Agree with this. It's not bad pizza but definitely not close to the best in town. My favorite for traditional and Chicago style is Paisano's. My favorite non-traditional pizza in town is Howdy's.
bobinator
AG
I think our best offering as a city is probably burgers.

I've never had the soggy crust issue at Rx but we usually get it from the CS location.
jeffk
AG
We have some great burger places too, I just think we have more above average pizza places locally than burger joints.
Sailor
Hullaballoo's on Friday nights does the best pizza in town.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I tied in a trip to Houston/Spring to pick up Brooklyn Pizzeria. Had been disappointed in the pizza I had tried here. See a couple on this thread I hadn't heard of so thanks!
texasaggie04
AG
TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

Will they actually split checks now or do they still get angry at people for asking?
mosesrab90
AG
We get Giordano's shipped ..
histag10
AG
Mr. G's or RX are our go to places. Piasanos isnt bad. But I dont think it's quite on the same level. Id compare it more to Blue Baker but with a thicker crust.

Antonios is good, but I avoid northgate pretty much at all costs, and i cant get delivery where I live (though when I was in town, the delivery fee was insane from Antonios)
TxSquarebody
texasaggie04 said:

TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

Will they actually split checks now or do they still get angry at people for asking?

LOL...that was the funniest part of old G's. Huge table with signs saying "no split checks". To answer your question, yes, they will split checks. Second question we asked the new owner.
halibut sinclair
Mama's Pizza was our go to place in the "sit down and get a pitcher of beer and pizza" days. Mama's is still alive and well up in Plano:

http://mamaspizzaplano.com/
Ewok It Out08
AG
Blaze pizza in Century Square is my go to (or was before going on TPN). Pizza is phenomenal and a step above similar style pizza places.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.