Best Pizza in BCS

12,529 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FlyRod
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TxSquarebody said:

texasaggie04 said:

TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

Came here to say this. It is under new ownership. The old man got tired. Food is the same excellent flavor but overall better crusts. Service is top notch as well. The lights are on as well as the A/C. Everything is clean and they are opening up the top floor. You can also come in at 8:15pm and still get served...if you know, you know! G's is great again!!

Will they actually split checks now or do they still get angry at people for asking?

LOL...that was the funniest part of old G's. Huge table with signs saying "no split checks". To answer your question, yes, they will split checks. Second question we asked the new owner.
You seem to be in the know. Is Mr. G not involved at all any longer, or is he still a partner? Or is he just the face of the business, like Colonel Sanders?
histag10
AG
I hope he is still involved. Him and his wife were a big part of why we would go there.
TxSquarebody
halibut sinclair said:

TxSquarebody said:

texasaggie04 said:

TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

Came here to say this. It is under new ownership. The old man got tired. Food is the same excellent flavor but overall better crusts. Service is top notch as well. The lights are on as well as the A/C. Everything is clean and they are opening up the top floor. You can also come in at 8:15pm and still get served...if you know, you know! G's is great again!!

Will they actually split checks now or do they still get angry at people for asking?

LOL...that was the funniest part of old G's. Huge table with signs saying "no split checks". To answer your question, yes, they will split checks. Second question we asked the new owner.
You seem to be in the know. Is Mr. G not involved at all any longer, or is he still a partner? Or is he just the face of the business, like Colonel Sanders?

His office area there has been cleared out. The pictures of him are still there as well as the name. According to the new owner, he had been trying to get her to buy it for years. About 4 months ago he approached her again and said she had 30 days to decide or he was boarding up the place. New owner said he isn't involved in the day to day at all.
halibut sinclair
TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

TxSquarebody said:

texasaggie04 said:

TxSquarebody said:

halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's. EOT.

His office area there has been cleared out. The pictures of him are still there as well as the name. According to the new owner, he had been trying to get her to buy it for years. About 4 months ago he approached her again and said she had 30 days to decide or he was boarding up the place. New owner said he isn't involved in the day to day at all.

Cool, thanks. Glad to know she's improving but also keeping things we love about the place the same. We met the new owner down there a few weeks ago but didn't carry on a long conversation. I hope Mr. and Mrs. G still drop by periodically.
frito bandito
mosesrab90 said:

We get Giordano's shipped ..
We were introduced to Giordano's when visiting our son in college. Unlike anything I have ever seen before.

jeffk
AG
[The thread got derailed and started going further off topic and when that happens on this forum we clean it up. Please start another thread about past restaurants and pizza places if you would like to discuss that subject. Thank you. -Staff]
nashvilleaggie11
Well aren't we fancy! That's some good stuff.
AgsWin2011
AG
frito bandito said:

mosesrab90 said:

We get Giordano's shipped ..
We were introduced to Giordano's when visiting our son in college. Unlike anything I have ever seen before.

We like to get Lou Malnati's shipped. We tried deep dish at Labriola in Chicago last summer (absolutely amazing) and loved it. We didn't try any other deep dish there, but the frozen pizzas from Lou's are pretty damn good but expensive. I think you can get 6 pizzas for like $115ish.
FlyRod
Someone earlier mentioned carbs. FYI both Blaze and Mod do cauliflower crust/keto pizzas. I've had them...use enough toppings and you can almost pretend that they're not half bad!

I also will add a vote for Howdy...quite good.
AggiePhil
AG
If you like Chicago deep dish, Piasano's has you covered.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FlyRod said:

Someone earlier mentioned carbs. FYI both Blaze and Mod do cauliflower crust/keto pizzas. I've had them...use enough toppings and you can almost pretend that they're not half bad!

I also will add a vote for Howdy...quite good.

Blaze's is low carb, but I really hated it.

Mod's cauliflower crust is still like 40g net carbs, unless their nutrition data is wrong. Way too high for me.

Howdy's keto crust is really good.
AgsWin2011
AG
AggiePhil said:

If you like Chicago deep dish, Piasano's has you covered.
Yes they're very good. Not as good as what we had in Chicago but def as good as it gets around here.
Hittag1492
AG
Piasano's Pizza on Koppe Bridge Road.
halibut sinclair
I'd give Piasano's a try if it wasn't way out there in BFE.
75AG
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Stay outta BFE. Too many folks out this way already.
halibut sinclair
75AG said:

halibut sinclair said:

Stay outta BFE. Too many folks out this way already.

No desire to be anywhere near north Houston.
75AG
FlyRod
I actually think the pizza scene here is pretty diverse. Traditional pizzas like Mr. G's...hipstery pizzas like Rx, Howdy....Chicago style like Paisano's...drunk greasy by the slice when you need that sort of thing like Antonio's...good pizzas from places doing other stuff like Fritella, Luigi's, Amico Nave. And of course all the chains to boot.
EBrazosAg
AG
Wish we had a Star Pizza here in BCS. Great Houston pizzeria. I'm a meat lover, but their Joe's spinach and garlic in Chicago style whole wheat is still a piece of art 31 years since I first had one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
Esteban du Plantier said:

No love for Antonio's?

I stopped eating carbs a few years ago, so I haven't had any pizza in a long time, but Antonio's was always awesome.
I used to think I liked Antonio's, but somewhere around fall 2014, they raised the prices and suddenly I felt like that it wasn't worth it anymore. I gave away my filled-out punch card to one of my classmates and never looked back.
halibut sinclair
Slocum on a mobile said:

halibut sinclair said:

They deliver to SoCo. The deep dish was good, but not as good as Gino's East in Chicago.
I doubt they deliver to EaBry tho.
jeffk
AG
I love Antonio's, but always forget how closely tied to A&M's schedule their operation hours/days are. I'll walk over there at least once a semester when students are out and find them closed.
trouble
AG
I only like Antonio's when I'm drunk.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Thank you to everyone who recommended Pisanos. My husband loves Chicago style pizza and we decided to give them a try last night. So good!
isitjustme
AG
trouble said:

so pretty much anytime you're awake!!
MiMi
S
Piasano's Pepperoni and 'Build your Own' rolls are good too.

Piasano's Aggieland
trouble
AG
agrab86 said:

trouble said:

so pretty much anytime you're awake!!
I wish
bcstx06
I know some might not agree, but South Flo Pizza inside of the Jones Crossing HEB is pretty good. It's normally $10 for a full sized pizza with unlimited toppings at no extra cost. They even send coupons all the time to your phone through text.
kraut
AG
MiMi said:

Piasano's Pepperoni and 'Build your Own' rolls are good too.

Piasano's Aggieland
I will second this!
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
They bake them.
Post removed:
by user
bobinator
AG
The real trick to the Jones Crossing HEB Pizza is you go in and order it and get your two beers (pizza and two beers at happy hour is like 10 bucks) and you drink your two beers while you walk around shopping and then grab the pizza on your way out.

We tried Paisanos for the first time tonight thanks to this thread and holy **** have we been missing out.
FlyRod
Given the tough times previous pizza places have had in that location, it's nice to see Paisano's getting some love.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.