Panic Buying Round 2.0

6,305 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
SoTheySay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
A Dallas judge apparently sent a letter to Abbott urging him to consider another lockdown. Last I looked Abbott had not responded which doesn't give me a ton of confidence.
techno-ag
AG
SoTheySay said:

A Dallas judge apparently sent a letter to Abbott urging him to consider another lockdown. Last I looked Abbott had not responded which doesn't give me a ton of confidence.
Great. Sam's will never get restocked at this rate.
Rapier108
SoTheySay said:

Clay Jenkins?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FlyRod
Dallas is in way worse shape then we are. A lockdown there does not automatically mean there will be one here.

I know I'm one of the "doomers" here to some, but once the kids leave in a few weeks our cases should drop dramatically. I hope.
legalbird
This leads into a good question for business opportunities for 2021.

If police are defunded, there will still be a need for pro-active security. You see some of this in big cities where a private security firm is hired for retail or restaurants. Going a step further, if you called 911 and there is a 45 minute wait, some people may find that difficult to deal with. I have not seen any private security firms in College Station. There will be a need if/when police are defunded. I suspect many people will not apply for new police jobs either due to the current climate.

Looking ahead, I think this may be a great opportunity versus another chicken restaurant.

Times are changing and there are a different set of challenges. Just an idea for the future if someone is thinking about a new business.

Any other ideas?
FlyRod
Police aren't going to be defunded.

Better business opportunity, in keeping with this thread, would be to start a toilet paper factory locally.
legalbird
Or a bidet manufacturing site.
75AG
AG
FlyRod said:

Police aren't going to be defunded.

Better business opportunity, in keeping with this thread, would be to start a toilet paper factory locally.
I like this idea! Post Oak Mall would make a perfect facility.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.