Proposed explosives testing site

2,866 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TommyBrady
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened to the post concerning the proposed explosives testing site near the southwest corner of Easterwood? I am not able to find it today. Very unusual to have a post removed especially as this proposal is already causing anguish among citizens. Near the nuclear reactor? Come on!
Rapier108
There is no chance what they're proposing could harm the nuclear reactor.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
threecatcorner
Why would they (who's they?) be testing explosives near Easterwood? Anyone have a link to a story about this?
rocketscience
AG
threecatcorner said:

Why would they (who's they?) be testing explosives near Easterwood? Anyone have a link to a story about this?
They is Texas A&M Engineering. And yes, they are building a massive shock tube that will be used to examine fluid gas dynamics in explosions. This would be the largest facility of its kind in the world and would mainly support chemical and petroleum research in addition to aerospace research. There would be no harm done to Easterwood or the reactor due to the opening of the tube being oriented away from the Nuclear Science Center and the runways. The information was posted on TAMU CBE but it looks like it was pulled.
joho
The thread has vanished completely from this forum. Might it be after-the-fact security concerns? There was a lot of technical specs and maps/diagrams... I left the tab open in my browser because it was so interesting, and this morning it said "Page Not Found".
EBrazosAg
AG
These aren't the droids you are looking for ......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ_90
AG
so somebody got to the mods on here pretty quick, also have scrubbed google.

that's some power
TommyBrady
AG
Yeah, no reason was given for deleting my thread. Maybe a mod can give an answer.
happyinBCS
It was a very detailed post
src94
AG
Somebody may already be relocated to a missile silo in North Dakota.
src94
techno-ag
AG
sunflower said:

What happened to the post concerning the proposed explosives testing site near the southwest corner of Easterwood? I am not able to find it today. Very unusual to have a post removed especially as this proposal is already causing anguish among citizens. Near the nuclear reactor? Come on!

They pulled it until this blows over.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
No, just a pun. It bombed.
PS3D
Slocum on a mobile said:

You're worried about a proposed explosives testing area and not the nuclear reactor?

... say that again very slowly...
The nuclear reactor isn't going to do realistically do anything barring gross negligence.

An explosives testing area is going to be noisy.
Trinity Ag
S
rocketscience said:

threecatcorner said:

They is Texas A&M Engineering. And yes, they are building a massive shock tube that will be used to examine fluid gas dynamics in explosions. This would be the largest facility of its kind in the world and would mainly support chemical and petroleum research in addition to aerospace research. There would be no harm done to Easterwood or the reactor due to the opening of the tube being oriented away from the Nuclear Science Center and the runways. The information was posted on TAMU CBE but it looks like it was pulled.
I expect a lot of "pre-decisional" things get leaked, and create a public outcry.

If the documents were not approved for public release, someone probably got a little ahead of their skis on posting them.

91_Aggie
AG
PS3D said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

You're worried about a proposed explosives testing area and not the nuclear reactor?

... say that again very slowly...
The nuclear reactor isn't going to do realistically do anything barring gross negligence.

Please, tell me how an RBMK reactor explodes.
TommyBrady
AG
The tube has been moved to RELLIS. Confirmed from the system that FAA said no
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.