Looking for residential land/tract near HSC Corridor/RELLIS/Traditions

2,554 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jac4
Three Twenties and A Ten
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a small tract of residential land near the Health Science Corridor. No further north than RELLIS; would be willing to go a few miles west on Hwy 60. Prefer 1ac min - 10ac max.

I've looked on all the standard real estate websites and there is very little listed that isn't $250,000+, which is out of our price range, so thought I would ask around to see if there is something anyone may know about off-market.

Thank you!
dantheman
Unfortunately I think it is you along with everyone else in the world. The land through there, and well past 21 is going up rapidly in price.
KaneIsAble
AG
$100k an acre is your average for 1-2. You get a better deal the more you buy but I would be shocked if you found 10 acres for less than $500k.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Thank you for the feedback on this! After driving the area for an entire day this past weekend, I believe you are correct.

I found one single tract actively for sale, that was listed for under $50k per acre. A lot of junk houses in the area that were outrageously priced. It's been interesting to watch the continued active commercial development out there, but almost no residential to speak of. I guess the listing prices on the few residential properties that have sold recently (or are currently for sale), reflect the under-supply/over-demand.
cavscout96
AG
csag97 said:

Thank you for the feedback on this! After driving the area for an entire day this past weekend, I believe you are correct.

I found one single tract actively for sale, that was listed for under $50k per acre. A lot of junk houses in the area that were outrageously priced. It's been interesting to watch the continued active commercial development out there, but almost no residential to speak of. I guess the listing prices on the few residential properties that have sold recently (or are currently for sale), reflect the under-supply/over-demand.
It's a factor of the RELLIS project. I guess the assumption is that a lot that will be developed for commercial and multi-unit residential.
bcstx06
I would like something similar in that area. I wish there were neighborhoods similar to the acreage ones in South College Station. Maybe in a few years.

I would say that area has the most beautiful land in Brazos County with the greenery and hills. It's similar to the Hill Country.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
bcstx06 said:

I would like something similar in that area. I wish there were neighborhoods similar to the acreage ones in South College Station. Maybe in a few years.

I would say that area has the most beautiful land in Brazos County with the greenery and hills. It's similar to the Hill Country.
I would definitely agree with you on that!! Love the terrain and relative quietness vs other developing areas of BCS. I'm really surprised some developers haven't started anything out there yet, considering how close it is to central BCS and the road infrastructure is some of the best in the areas.
txgardengirl
They're filling on on Leonard/Villa Maria first from what I'm seeing.

Land is just very high in Brazos County - especially anything larger enough to subdivide. Your best bet may be to talk to a few agents, tell them what you want and see who can find something or knows someone.

Real estate inventory for land and homes is WAY down, so competition is stiff for less opportunities.

All that said, it's a beautiful area - that's how Traditions got started
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
txgardengirl said:

They're filling on on Leonard/Villa Maria first from what I'm seeing.

Land is just very high in Brazos County - especially anything larger enough to subdivide. Your best bet may be to talk to a few agents, tell them what you want and see who can find something or knows someone.

Real estate inventory for land and homes is WAY down, so competition is stiff for less opportunities.

All that said, it's a beautiful area - that's how Traditions got started
Thank you!! Great feedback!

And yes, had forgotten about the development on Leonard/VM. Seems like starter homes, which would make sense for a developer to 'test the waters' first, before moving to a higher-end offering. Traditions just opened up some new lots and they start in the $140k's for a 1/4ac. Will be interesting to see how long they take to sell.
ag009
AG
We got about 10 acres on a road off Leonard about 3 years ago. Love this side of town. Felt pretty lucky, especially as we have seen lots of thing starting to develop. I drive around a lot around here in west bryan...and if I see anything FSBO I'll post!
cavscout96
AG
Grimes county.
techno-ag
AG
cavscout96 said:

Grimes county.
You could cross the river and try Burleson or go down OSR. Both would be closer to OP's requirements than Grimes but still out of their parameters.
cavscout96
AG
Close is certainly relative.

From Milican Reserve /159 area you can be at HSC in under 20 minutes

KaneIsAble
AG
....that's a traffic contingent statement though
cavscout96
AG
definitely
dwaynego
AG
csag97 said:

bcstx06 said:

I would definitely agree with you on that!! Love the terrain and relative quietness vs other developing areas of BCS. I'm really surprised some developers haven't started anything out there yet, considering how close it is to central BCS and the road infrastructure is some of the best in the areas.

It's a lot easier to sell that product in CSISD.
techno-ag
AG
dwaynego said:

csag97 said:

bcstx06 said:

It's a lot easier to sell that product in CSISD.
It depends. Middle class tracts definitely gravitate towards CSISD but your high end developments go toward Traditions and Miramont in Bryan.
dwaynego
AG
We are talking about acreage tracts, not golf course developments. Places like Williams Creek, Indian Lakes, Nantucket area are in CSISD. Miramont & Traditions both have private schools right on the edge. Developers will almost always look for school districts first unless they are selling a product that is almost exclusively for retired folk.
techno-ag
AG
Yes. Middle class tracts will be developed in CS until they run out of space which is fast approaching. But your high end developments for the wealthy have always gravitated to Bryan.
oldag76
AG
Michael Young's place right behind Rellis may be for sale.
BQ_90
AG
oldag76 said:

why? He's not going anywhere, he's just getting sweet gig at the Bush school
oldag76
AG
Time will tell.....
bcstx06
dwaynego said:

We are talking about acreage tracts, not golf course developments. Places like Williams Creek, Indian Lakes, Nantucket area are in CSISD. Miramont & Traditions both have private schools right on the edge. Developers will almost always look for school districts first unless they are selling a product that is almost exclusively for retired folk.

Bryan has acreage tracts too, but they are on the East side of the city. Austin's Estates and all down FM 1179 behind Allen Academy there are many neighborhoods with acreage lots and many new ones popping up. West Bryan has so much untapped potential.
EvenPar
AG
Are there any plans to widen 1179? I wouldn't consider moving to that area until that intersection can handle the traffic.
EBrazosAg
AG
Yes. And funded.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GSS
BQ_90 said:

oldag76 said:

And they built a mega party building on the property. Entertaining to be done!
NRA Life
TSRA Life
jac4
AG
GSS said:

BQ_90 said:

oldag76 said:

And they built a mega party building on the property. Entertaining to be done!
Democratic party fundraisers?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.