Mask Ordinance/Mandate Fines for Businesses...

3,333 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tailgate88
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe this is more an F16 item but I pose this to business owners in the B/CS:

Has anyone been fined the reported $1000 amount for having people in your establishment without a mask?

Compared to other locations just outside Brazos County, we are quite the compliant citizenry. The one gas station in Bryan I hit up most every morning, the employees do not wear a mask. I don't either when I'm there.

How many of you are being strict with customers walking in the door without a mask?

I really hate how the powers that be have this structured: put the onus and fine on the business owner therefore making the customer comply to keep their favorite business out of potential hot water...

Just curious...
unmade bed
Unfortunately this issue has become a political one so good luck keeping politics out of it. I personally don't think the local decision makers have been all that bad.

Brazos County cases have remained reasonably low and that is with a large transient student population.

Additionally, other than bars, which I'm too old to frequent anyway, since May or so I have been able to go to pretty much any business I needed to without any problem.

All things considered we have either been very lucky or maybe we are doing some things right.
new straw
Many of our hospitalizations have been from outlying communities. Which gas station in town does not enforce the mask rule? (Not telling on anyone, not even sure who enforces this, just want to make sure I don't go). Also, I believe academy has been hit 3-4 times with the fine.
new straw
Also, why are you not masking?
MisterShipWreck
I've been in the College Station WalMart a few times and see people walking around without a mask. No one in the store tells them anything, however
trouble
AG
The executive order signed in July allowed for individuals to be fined if they refuse to wear a mask. It's no longer up to the business to enforce your mask wearing.
maddiedou
AG
I still wear mine from may. This one great mask. The strings have not broke yet
maddiedou
threecatcorner
You can actually see the dirt on that thing. Fork out a couple bucks and get a new mask already! Yuck.
ratfacemcdougal
That is just an extra filter layer.
KidDoc
AG
I wear mine during all patient encounters and we ask families to wear them as outlined by the Texas Medical Board. Some families don't wear them and it doesn't bother me at all. When I'm in my office charting or goofing off on Texags I don't wear one.

Always surgical mask, new one each day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GSS
trouble said:

The executive order signed in July allowed for individuals to be fined if they refuse to wear a mask. It's no longer up to the business to enforce your mask wearing.
Show us the content of this "executive order".
It seems most fines /arrests are due to "non-compliance", not leaving the location, rolling over to being cited for trespass.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Muzzleblast
Abbott took the cowards way by making business responsible for the mask thing.
Masks are an executive order and not law.
Masks should have been recommended and not mandated like a police state.
We are in the eighth month of two weeks to flatten the curve. People are over the mask thing. Masks have become the symbol of capitulation to one man rule.
Muzzleblast
Did you steal mine?
Not cool.
trouble
AG
It's the one from July 2nd. Let me see if I can screenshot it. I downloaded it earlier.
trouble
AG

trouble
AG
Originally, yes. That changed in July.
GSS
A "verbal or written warning"...hmmm, by whom? Unless a LEO is present, this sounds unenforceable.
Plus "no arrest, detainment, etc", with the trespassing caveat I mentioned the fallback for someone refusing to leave a business premises.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
trouble
AG
I never said it was enforceable. I said they removed the fines for a business for customers refusing to comply. Now, the person wearing the mask is responsible.
Muzzleblast
Did they remove or add on the individual stuff?

Abbott is gonna ride it out cause his career is over in Texas.
maddiedou
AG
Muzzleblast said:

Did they remove or add on the individual stuff?

Abbott is gonna ride it out cause his career is over in Texas.

He will roll over his next opponent. He has the big wheels
As his supporters
maddiedou
BCStalk
maddiedou said:

I still wear mine from may. This one great mask. The strings have not broke yet

I don't know why but this needed to be reposted. Almost looks like mine.
FlyRod
The HEBs seem to vary wildly in mask usage.
trouble
AG
Dude, you can read it as easily as I can. I've been trying to educate my children this morning.

Let me read the whole thing.
91_Aggie
AG
[We have made it clear to you that when you make insulting posts on this board it will result in a ban. -Staff]
maddiedou
AG
maddiedou
CS78
Same here. I just keep flipping it inside out like a bad pair of underwear.

johnnyblaze36
AG
Cracker Barrel>Champions Firearms>Briarcrest Dry Cleaners>Spec's today with no mask. Nobody said anything and multiple employees at two not wearing them.

People are so over this bullsh.
tb9665
You can call it what you want but we don't need the situation El Paso is in and where Lubbock and Amarillo are heading.
IMnAg79
AG
Just take baby steps..Do not wear it leaving restaraunts..Eventually you will get the courage to not wear it in a store
techno-ag
AG
TxFoundry said:

Maybe this is more an F16 item but I pose this to business owners in the B/CS:

Has anyone been fined the reported $1000 amount for having people in your establishment without a mask?

Compared to other locations just outside Brazos County, we are quite the compliant citizenry. The one gas station in Bryan I hit up most every morning, the employees do not wear a mask. I don't either when I'm there.

How many of you are being strict with customers walking in the door without a mask?

I really hate how the powers that be have this structured: put the onus and fine on the business owner therefore making the customer comply to keep their favorite business out of potential hot water...

Just curious...
The confusion stems from the Kollege Station mayor's order this summer. That precedes and is different from the governor's order

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/06/26/college-station-mayor-could-soon-sign-emergency-order-requiring-face-masks/
FlyRod
Welcome to federalism. Our system of devolving authority between the federal and state and local governments can work just fine. It could too re COVID mitigation measures...but unfortunately that hasn't been the case in practice.
Well, okay then
AG
new straw said:

Also, why are you not masking?
Tailgate88
AG
At H-E-B yesterday probably 10% not wearing masks. Enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.