What does it take to get mail delivery in C.S.?

2,758 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by legalbird
hopeandrealchange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over the past several months our mail service has become horrible. We go 4 or five days in a row with no mail delivery. I have talked with the manager at the post office to no avail.
Are we the only one's this is happening to?
MiMi
S
Are you signed up for Informed Delivery? It is helpful to know what first class mail and packages are scheduled to be delivered.

USPS Informed Delivery

I'm in south CS an haven't had too much trouble getting mail. I get the usual flyers and junk mail several times a week. Amazon seems to be OK right now. And all my expected bills arrive on time.
The Night Ag Cometh
AG
I've got informed delivery but still have the same problems.

Just went almost two weeks without mail. I had items show up on informed delivery that just never were delivered.

Post office was useless and told me that it was the fault of a Houston facility and that it could take up to 10 days from the time it shows up on informed delivery to actually get to me.

Seems like a bunch of excuses to cover for poor management, but nothing much we can really do about it it would seem.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Yeah, they told me not to trust Informed Delivery, that mail could take 2 weeks to get here from Houston "due to COVID." They blamed Houston post office.
toolshed
AG
It's the college station post office/ mail delivery people. I've never had issues getting mail to my house in Bryan. I'm getting envelopes from Delaware in 3-5 days max the last couple weeks.

The worst I have to deal with is FedEx. Those fools don't give a crap about your packages. Some look like they got thrown at the door step, letter envelopes stood up against the door for all the world to see instead of laying on the ground or out of sight.

UPS and our USPS have no issues with setting a package out of sight with some common sense.
BlueMiles
AG
MiMi said:

Are you signed up for Informed Delivery? It is helpful to know what first class mail and packages are scheduled to be delivered.

USPS Informed Delivery

I'm in south CS an haven't had too much trouble getting mail. I get the usual flyers and junk mail several times a week. Amazon seems to be OK right now. And all my expected bills arrive on time.

The last week or so that I received the Informed Delivery email, it only told me they did not have any images. I received standard-sized letters during that time. I have not received an Informed Delivery email since the 14th. Mail continues to arrive. That process is broken.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
- We mail a lot of mail a year.. Used to mail a whole lot more ( like pallets )

I kinda wish a news reporter would ask us how well mail got delivered in 2020.. ( KAGS/ KBTX should throw say 20,000 pieces in the mail and take out a stopwatch)

Businesses not pumping mail into the USPS non stop sadly effects the USPS' ability to operate smoothly & profitably.

halibut sinclair
Informed Delivery is terrible. Some days we get no email but still get mail, other days it says we have no mail but we still get mail, some days we get the "A piece of mail is being delivered that we do not have an image for" message, other days we get the email long after the mail has already been delivered.
Slagathor
AG
Same experience here with Informed Delivery. Haven't gotten one of those emails in weeks and yet I'm still getting mail that would have normally been scanned.
ratfacemcdougal
Informed Delivery USED to be good. Stuff was scanned and delivered and correct. Once the storm came that hit the distribution center in North Houston...it has never been the same since.
AggieBarstool
halibut sinclair said:

Informed Delivery is terrible. Some days we get no email but still get mail, other days it says we have no mail but we still get mail, some days we get the "A piece of mail is being delivered that we do not have an image for" message, other days we get the email long after the mail has already been delivered.
I live in Dallas and Informed Delivery has been spot-on. So, I wouldn't be too quick to say Informed Delivery is terrible, so much as local delivery is terrible.
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool said:

halibut sinclair said:

I live in Dallas and Informed Delivery has been spot-on. So, I wouldn't be too quick to say Informed Delivery is terrible, so much as local delivery is terrible.
I wasn't all that quick to say it. It's been terrible for months. Used to be spot-on. It's terrible now. Terrible, I tells ya.
AgResearch
AG
It takes an act of God.

I moved out of town 8 years ago. Sounds like the same crap going on that was going on when we lived there.
75AG
AG
BlueMiles said:

MiMi said:

USPS Informed Delivery

The last week or so that I received the Informed Delivery email, it only told me they did not have any images. I received standard-sized letters during that time. I have not received an Informed Delivery email since the 14th. Mail continues to arrive. That process is broken.
This! Every. Single. Day.
Rearview
AG
Yep. I haven't seen an actual mail image in probably 6 weeks.
BlueMiles
AG
I received an "Informed Delivery" email yesterday. It contained only an ad for Target.
Goose83
AG
We had a friend who moved into a subdivision bordering Nantucket back in the late 90's, and if they got their mail once a week, they considered themselves lucky (and that was 25 years ago). Doubt that it was related to today's issues, but it does make you wonder just what is going on.
EBrazosAg
AG
USPS says Amazon package delivered yesterday.... no package. Happens about 1 in 4 times. Usually shows up a day or two later.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CEAg78
AG
We live outside of the cities and I think we have a contract carrier, not an regular USPS employee. Informed Delivery has been worthless for several weeks. And before that, many items would arrive a day or two after the email said it would.

I mostly like to keep track of packages and that is about the samewithin a day or two of email.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Monywolf
Fortunes beyond the dreams of avarice.
txgardengirl
a wish and a dream and some pixie dust

seriously - I mailed 30 invitations from the Bryan main office Tuesday 10/20 - all to be delivered local
(side note, I won't drop mail at the CS post office anymore - it disappears for weeks on end)

The ones that have arrived were post marked North Houston 10/20

BUT, only 5 have arrived at this point -

Crazy on top of just poor quality service
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I check my mail a couple times a month.

Problem solved.
BlueMiles
AG
"Informed Delivery" finally had some information in it again today.
trouble
AG
The Bryan post office doesn't sort and postmark anymore. It stopped several years ago. Everything goes to North Houston for processing.
legalbird
never make carrier unhappy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.