Any genealogy experts in the area?

1,275 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OnlyANobody
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not really sure which forum to post this in so I thought I'd start local. I'd like to hire someone to do a family history for my wife's family. TIA!
threecatcorner
Talk to the Carnegie History Center in downtown Bryan. They're on Main Street, and the number is 979-209-5630.
75AG
AG
Have a friend who works at Ancestry.com. It can get expensive, and it's completely dependent on how much info is both publicly available and what has been uploaded by family, but it can be a good place to start if you want to give it a try yourself.
rsa
AG
The Texas Research Ramblers Genealogy Society (texasresearchramblers.org/homepage.html) may be a good place to start.
basketaggie
AG
Agreed with the above statement that it can vary based on what is online, but also what type of research you are doing. I typically focus on genetic genealogy, which means I deal mainly with the DNA aspects of the research. Seeing if the paper trail lines up with existing family relationships, or figuring out unknown parentage cases.
TxSquarebody
LDS church has an extensive database that is accessible with the Family Tree ap. If you couple that with genetic ancestry from places like 23&me, you can get a real clear picture.
cavscout96
AG
There are both Daughters and Sons of the American Revolution Chapters in College Station. They are probably willing to assist.
wai3gotgoats
AG
I have a friend in Bryan that does family history research. Email her at
er73@windstream.net
and say Andy from TexAgs sent you. Tell her what you are wanting and she'll be able to tell you if she can help you.
BCSWguru
I've done this for my extended family. Can assist if needed.
OnlyANobody
I did this to find my bio fam (closed adoption, 48 years ago) with one known name. My tree is quite branchy and leafy. I do this sort of thing for friends all the time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.