Reynolds and Reynolds CEO

5,102 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DanHo2010
Post removed:
by user
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TChaney
Bohica64
All true. Karma's a B**ch. Yes, I did work there.
EBrazosAg
AG
Sounds like his actions that the Feds are after (for now) involve personal wealth and not the company when you read the article. I'm sure that is possibly subject to change. Either way that's a big number.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bob2525
"Chinese overtime" is what we called it. At one point, I was working for a little over a dollar an hour. A long time ago, it was a good company (UCS), but then I guess he got greedy and started the corp shell games that could parallel the Hunger Games if you think about it.
legalbird
Always heard that it was a weird place to work
nwspmp
Worked there in the early 2000's. Some seriously shady stuff going on there, and definitely had a very cultish vibe. 95% of the time you were considered either a lifer or expendable part timer. I remember the after work "birthday parties" where the beer kegs flowed and thought how bad an idea that was to people just ready to start a decent drive home, since there was nothing out there at the time.

They had the only halfway decent philly cheesesteak in town at the cafeteria back then though
PS3D
legalbird said:

One of the stories I heard from someone who used to work there is a given task was supposed to take around one hour to complete. Take too long, and you got in trouble because you were slow, or finish it too quickly and you got in trouble because they assumed you had rushed it improperly, so it became a game of finishing quickly and trying to look busy for the next half-hour.
b0ridi
PS3D said:

legalbird said:

One of the stories I heard from someone who used to work there is a given task was supposed to take around one hour to complete. Take too long, and you got in trouble because you were slow, or finish it too quickly and you got in trouble because they assumed you had rushed it improperly, so it became a game of finishing quickly and trying to look busy for the next half-hour.

That's not too different than anywhere else. At other places, if you are too fast, you get assigned more work/responsibility than everyone else and might not get any extra pay.
Well, okay then
AG
Great quote in the OP's linked article:
Quote:

"Complexity will not hide crime from law enforcement. Sophistication is not a defense to federal criminal charges," said David L. Anderson, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of California.
"We will not hesitate to prosecute the smartest guys in the room," he said.
DanHo2010
AG
My first job out of A&M was as a web developer there. The work was fine but the culture was not. There was a guy on our team who was specifically banned from saying the word 'bureaucracy' on company grounds on pain of termination, so you can guess how that happened. Also, wasn't a fan of having to scan my id card to use the bathroom.
benchmark
AG
What did they do? What kind of business is it?
legalbird
One main business had something to do with new car sales/marketing software.

I heard you could never talk to the manager above your boss.
Bob2525
Depends on the manager and the department. I was good friends with my manager, but the next group over had a manager that would yell and berate the entire team weekly.
AggieBarstool
Quote:

The Reynolds and Reynolds Company is a private corporation based in Dayton, Ohio. Its primary business is providing business forms, management software and professional services to car dealerships. Its software is used to manage sales logistics at dealerships. It also produces forms used in medicine and insurance.
From Wikipedia
AggiePhil
AG
If you've bought a car in the last few years, you probably signed the paperwork on a huge tabletop screen called a DocuPAD. ReyRey designs and manufactures those, among other things.
DanHo2010
AG
benchmark said:

What did they do? What kind of business is it?
They make software for car dealers. Their main product is this giant, super-expensive program/database setup that they sell to dealerships to run their whole operation off of, kind of an industry-specific ERP. Then they have a bunch of other smaller add-on products to round out the package. Like they'll pitch the dealer on a website that conveniently displays the real-time inventory they have in the main database product for an extra fee, or this digitized safe that holds all the keys to the cars on the lot and tracks who checked out what key, or the Docupad thing the poster above mentioned, etc. I worked on the team that built and maintained the content management system for the websites. The products they make are actually pretty top-of-the-line, as far as I could tell from my need-to-know view of the insides. But their corporate culture is very 1960s IBM and kind of creepy. It's essentially Initech and everyone there knows it. If any competitors make inroads, they just buy them out and keep selling two "competing" products without publicizing to prospects that it's all owned by Reynolds. My old roommate worked tech support for the key safe products, and he once had a client get mad, cancel the contract, buy the "other guy's" product, and call him right back for support on the new one a few weeks later. Also, most people seemed to think the creepy culture was all from Brockman's ethos, and that the Ohio half of the company which was acquired by him and not built by him was actually a great place to work before he bought it and put his structure on it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.