Best Mexican food in Aggieland???

16,316 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
aggieduke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TIA
TxSquarebody
Don Chente
Mas Fajitas
La Caretta
taxpreparer
AG
Casa de Taxpreparer, but the menu is limited and meals are served by invitation only.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Broncos
Cilantro
La Caretta
michellecan
Jesse's Taqueria. He's from the RGV
happyinBCS
Mi Pueblito
J182
AG
El Nopalito
La Paloma
👽
dubi
AG
happyinBCS said:

Mi Pueblito
We do there takeout at least once a week.
ratfacemcdougal
Man that is one cheesy slope. Depending on how active this thread gets, in the end, probably every mexican restaurant in town and some near by towns would be listed. Good Luck
FamousAgg
La Carreta
ChampsAg
El Charro
snaglepuss
Polly's
FlyRod
El Tio.
Look Out Below
AG
La Perla
jeffk
AG
ChampsAg said:

El Charro
MsDoubleD81
AG
Do these places have good margaritas?!
Hammerheadjim
AG
Sargento's in Snook wasn't bad at all.

Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Aggie
AG
It's not the best but I used to enjoy the la Famila restaurants but won't go back until they reopen dining rooms.
Their Bryan location is a chit show trying to get a pickup order for a couple tacos.. not worth it.
And not to mention the ladies the have running orders ro cars act like it's an inconvenience to them to bring me my change... no I'm not tipping you $15 on a $5 order for a couple breakfast tacos.
BwdAg
AG
Nm
halibut sinclair
Cilantro
La Carreta
La Botana
Corona's
Lupe Tortilla - for fajitas

We've also been to Papa Perez a couple of times recently and they seem to have stepped up their game .
EVA3
AG
Some good ones already listed. I'll add El Payasito on Coulter Drive in the old Tip Top Records.
bobinator
AG
I think you have to break down what kind of 'mexican food' we're talking. This is my current list

Best Mexican breakfast:
Full sit down breakfast: La Carreta
Tacos: Jesse's
Tacos (College Station only): La Familia at Barron and 6
Tacos (College Station, but it's Sunday): Yole's

Best lunch:
Raspas El Payasito
La Perla

Best dinner:
Grabbing a margarita with a group, food just needs to be decent: Lupe Tortilla
Local grabbing a margarita with a group, food just needs to be decent: Casa Rod (I guess? I'm excited to hear Papa Perez might be on the way back up, used to love that place)
I only care about the food: Cilantro

I haven't been to El Charro, need to try that one
camra
Papa Perez
Cilantro
Casa Rod
Taco Crave
scottimus
AG
Coco Loco
AggieBaseball06
AG
bobinator said:

I think you have to break down what kind of 'mexican food' we're talking. This is my current list

Best Mexican breakfast:

Best lunch:
Raspas El Payasito
La Perla

Best dinner:
Local grabbing a margarita with a group, food just needs to be decent: Casa Rod (I guess? I'm excited to hear Papa Perez might be on the way back up, used to love that place)

In a thread about the best Mexican food, I'm curious how Lupe Tortilla worked its way into the conversation.
Tailgate88
AG
If you have not tried Mas Fajitas yet, you should. We've been twice so far and it is our go-to sit down Mexican place now.
taxpreparer
AG
Tailgate88 said:

If you have not tried Mas Fajitas yet, you should. We've been twice so far and it is our go-to sit down Mexican place now.

I agree, but their nachos are sub-par. Using a cheese sauce just makes them soggy.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
bobinator
AG
I said 'food just needs to be decent' in that category. Lupe is fine and it's easy for a group.

Frankly that's one category that I think we're lacking in is your classic 'going out for margaritas' tex-mex style place.

I've had Mas-Fajitas food and I'd say it's decent, but I haven't gone to the restaurant itself. Maybe it should be the leader in that category.
halibut sinclair
I would be a happy camper if the original Ninfa's on Navigation in Houston opened a location here. I know the perfect place for it, too.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
bobinator said:

Best Mexican breakfast:

Best lunch:
Raspas El Payasito
La Perla

Best dinner:

La Perla lunch is awesome.
jja79
AG
BCS has a good number of really good local Tex Mex/Mexican places but as was mentioned how did Lupe's get a mention?

El Charro is one I haven't tried but based on the mentions I really need to.
halibut sinclair
Let's keep the Mexican food snobbery off the thread, please. If people like Lupe Tortilla or whatever place you don't, more power to them.
bobinator
AG
I didn't even say it's good, I just said the food is fine and it's a good place to grab a drink.

I'm open to other places in that category. I think we have a ton of good mexican food places here, but only a handful that I'd classify as like a place where you'd meet up with friends for margaritas and dinner.

And like I said I haven't been to El Charro yet, but it sounds like maybe that's the best place for that kind of thing.

Hell if someone asked what's the best place to grab a margarita in town I'd probably say Mad Taco and I'm not even sure what food category that would be in. Like... mexican inspired?
Tailgate88
AG
taxpreparer said:

Tailgate88 said:

I agree, but their nachos are sub-par. Using a cheese sauce just makes them soggy.
Haven't had nachos. Nachos are a make-at-home thing for us. I realize we are probably in the minority there. First trip I had Enchiladas Verdes and they were some of the best I've had - a really flavorful green sauce. Second time my wife and I split fajitas for one and it was plenty and really really good.

I hear they have pretty good margaritas but we were there at lunch on weekdays both times. I can confirm their Negra Modelo is delicious. ;-)
Wicked Good Ag
Masfajitas was subpar IMO. Will give it another try as I usually do

Mi Pueblto is the go to for our group. Cilantro is a close second.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.