Best Mexican food in Aggieland???

16,575 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La familas rock prairie. I used to eat there once a week for sure but just not good anymore

And I know it is just me but if I order nachos amd they want to charge me for jalepenos I will never go back

Just makes me mad
maddiedou
Post removed:
by user
benchmark
AG
Sorry if this is considered off-topic..has anyone tried Costa Vida?
AggieBarstool
+1 on everything you said.
MiMi
S
Quote:

has anyone tried Costa Vida?
Yes, I've been several times. I personally like it, especially their salads. The set-up is similar to Chipotle but with many more options. The line can move slow if it's busy since they have to build your taco, burrito, or enchilada then run it through the oven, then add any toppings, before checking out. The honey habanero salsa is awesome.
mosesrab90
AG
Finally hit Cilantro for a late lunch today .. 2 don Julio margs (they need to get a bottle of Gran Marnier for us alcoholics) and fajitas and I'm sold. Salsa es bueno. If they had an outdoor seating area we'd sit there all afternoon on Fridays. Not El Tiempo level but definitely going back.
KidDoc
AG
benchmark said:

Sorry if this is considered off-topic..has anyone tried Costa Vida?
Yes I love their shrimp burrito with queso on top!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Costa Vida for a fast food it is decent Mexican food. I live around the corner, so closest mexican food to me. Thats a plus.
Builder93
AG
Taco Crave is awesome. If you haven't been there, you need to go. Authentic Mexican street tacos. It's a build your own type sit down place.
Ric Clark
CILANTRO

PAPA PEREZ

Fortune Favors Valor
michellecan
Jesse's Taqueria
BaitShack
AG
Thanks for the recommendation.

La Caretta breakfast this morning. Juevos rancheros.

dubi
AG
That looks yummy!
halibut sinclair
Tried El Charro at lunch earlier this week. Very good. Green sauce was the best we've had.
BaitShack
AG
I had La Perla for lunch today. I ordered the cheese enchiladas off the tex-mex section of the menu and they were average. With that said, some of the dishes I saw other people having looked awesome. Large quesadillas stuffed with meat and other goodness, seafood dishes, and a nice shrimp cocktail. Looks like I need to ditch the traditional tex-mex stuff, and explore the menu. The big cup of salsa and large tea / water glasses were appreciated.
bobinator
AG
Def ditch the Tex mex. Also, the actual La Perla market has awesome marinated beef if you're wanting to grill up some fajitas at home.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
BaitShack said:

I had La Perla for lunch today. I ordered the cheese enchiladas off the tex-mex section of the menu and they were average. With that said, some of the dishes I saw other people having looked awesome. Large quesadillas stuffed with meat and other goodness, seafood dishes, and a nice shrimp cocktail. Looks like I need to ditch the traditional tex-mex stuff, and explore the menu. The big cup of salsa and large tea / water glasses were appreciated.
I keep it simple and get a single large quesadilla with mixed chicken and beef. It is plenty of food by itself for most people.
BaitShack
AG
La Casita omlette from La Casita in Nastysota... Pretty tasty.
CostaVidaMexicanGrill
Sponsor
Thanks! I love our honey habanero also, it's a little sweet with a nice amount of spice.
CostaVidaMexicanGrill
Sponsor
Thank you so much!
CostaVidaMexicanGrill
Sponsor
We serve baja style Mexican, so definitely different from Tex-Mex. You are welcome to sample when you're in line so just let us know if you would like to try something. Thanks.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
BaitShack said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

La Caretta breakfast this morning. Juevos rancheros.

Bump

There's a reason why this place still packs them in for breakfast

It would be just as crowded if it was in the RGV

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.