Early voting line

13,144 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jeffk
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We voted at Galilee Baptist Church in Bryan about 9:00am... zero line - walked in got signed up and voted... back in the car 5 minutes later.
AgsWin2011
AG
Bit the bullet and just went to the Graham road location. Figured by the time I went to campus, parked in the garage, walked to vote, walked back and got back to the south side of town it would be about the same amount of time. Took about 45-50 minutes around 3pm today.

MAGA
momlaw
momlaw
momlaw
AG
Let's see if three is the charm.

This weekend early vote locations & times.

Gallilee and Tabor have been lightest voter locations.
MSC is popular, too, particularly on weekends.
Park in Cain Garage, MSC entrance on northwest side.
momlaw
histag10
AG
Ill probably try the tabor location. Its the closest to me, but still a 15 minute drive into town. I honestly wish there was a polling location in the Tabor or Wixon Valley area
First Down and Twelve
The Arena location at Tabor Road.

There was no line but nearly all/all booths were being used when I voted mid-morning today.
CS78
Finally no line on Graham Rd at 9:00am today.

The elderly lady in line behind me was told she couldn't vote. "The system shows that you were sent a mail in ballot", "but I never got it".

Makes me wonder how many ballots were "lost" in the mail.
happyinBCS
Voting laws in Texas are the most restrictive in the whole country and I personally think it is ridiculous by the way I am a life long republican
BCSWguru
its totally restrictive to show up and vote on a designated day, known years in advance
Anna Molly
She should have still been allowed to cast a provisional ballot. Not the first instance I've heard this election cycle of him giving out bad information. Also harassed a voter yesterday for bringing a coffee mug that had writing on it that was not political whatsoever.
Ratsa
Both of our kids are registered to vote here, but are in college elsewhere. They requested their absentee ballots in mid September and still haven't received them. This was to be their first presidential election to vote in, but it's looking like they'll have to wait 4 more years.
cavscout96
AG
happyinBCS said:

Voting laws in Texas are the most restrictive in the whole country and I personally think it is ridiculous
what don't you like about them?
befitter
Ratsa said:

Both of our kids are registered to vote here, but are in college elsewhere. They requested their absentee ballots in mid September and still haven't received them. This was to be their first presidential election to vote in, but it's looking like they'll have to wait 4 more years.
That's unfortunate. Mine is coming home this week to vote early on Friday but we didn't request a ballot.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
During Early Voting, there are rules that allow one to vote a "limited ballot." Basically they can vote on the national and state-wide races, just not the local ones. Very specific rules that apply.

MUST BE DONE DURING EARLY VOTING, NOT ON ELECTION DAY!

Limited ballot rules - Election Division - Texas Secretary of State

A registered voter who has moved from the county in which he or she is registered, to a new county of residence in Texas, and who will not be registered to vote in the new county on or before November 3, 2020, may be eligible to vote a "limited ballot." Limited ballots may be voted in person or by mail in the new county of residence in the upcoming November 3, 2020 Election under the following conditions:
  • The person seeking to vote a limited ballot would be eligible to vote in the former county of residence on election day if still residing there;
  • The person seeking to vote a limited ballot is registered to vote in the former county of residence at the time the person (1) offers to vote in the new county of residence or (2) applies for registration in the new county; and
  • The person's voter registration is not effective in the new county of residence on or before election day.
happyinBCS
You are highly educated I think you know the answer, as I said I am a life long republican let's see what the American people decide
MiMi
S
When and where will the total number of early votes cast be announced? I'm curious how it compares to previous elections.
expresswrittenconsent
MiMi said:

When and where will the total number of early votes cast be announced? I'm curious how it compares to previous elections.

National & each state early voting numbers here - https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html
Doubt you'll see more granular (county level) until after election day.
legalbird
If voting was important, I would go in person. There are too many variables and mishaps that can take place otherwise.

I fled an oppressive country many years ago. I love USA and what it stand for.
expresswrittenconsent
legalbird said:

If voting was important, I would go in person. There are too many variables and mishaps that can take place otherwise.

I fled an oppressive country many years ago. I love USA and what it stand for.

Thats interesting considering so many of your posts are in favor of a more oppressive government, and are supporting special treatment for those with money.
toolshed
AG
MiMi said:

I don't know about local, but I heard on some news this week, possibly KTRH radio out of Houston, that as of that day, 46% of registered voters in Texas had already early voted. As compared to 43% voted in the entire election in '16, early voting and Election Day. I believe that's the previous election they cited, which would make sense, to compare presidential election year turnouts.

So it seems we are on pace to have a lot of extra voting this go around, hopefully for the people that I want to win!!
jeffk
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.