Early voting line

13,140 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jeffk
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The line is ridiculous at the ONLY early voting location in CS except for the MSC on campus
Stupe
S
I blame Roosevelt.
BCSWguru
such a shame early voting is limited to just one day
txgardengirl
that's fantastic!

turnout and the right to vote are paramount to our republic

the line will ebb and flow over the next few weeks - but that's a good sign that the Governor adding days to early voting was a solid decision
BaitShack
AG
I just drove through there. The line looked 100 yards long, with little parking to be had. I'll wait a few days.
AC Hopper
S
Stupe
S
We need more early voting spots and less drop off spots.
75AG
AG
Stupe said:

Why?
lockett93
AG
75AG said:

Stupe said:

Why?
To confirm the person filling out the ballot is actually who is voting...
75AG
AG
lockett93 said:

75AG said:

Stupe said:

Why?
How does one confirm the person voting is who they say they are with mail-in ballots? Reducing drop off spots is nothing more than voter suppression. And since there's only one in Brazos County, you're suggesting none?
joho
Aren't most of these long lines we are going to be hearing about, and seeing online, bloated by social distancing practices? I know voter interest is especially high this time around, and of course we'd have lines anyway, but these lines are like triple the length of a normal-density line, right? I'm not holding my breath that shock videos online will mention that in a disclaimer...
lockett93
AG
75AG said:

lockett93 said:

75AG said:

Stupe said:

Why?
How does one confirm the person voting is who they say they are with mail-in ballots? Reducing drop off spots is nothing more than voter suppression. And since there's only one in Brazos County, you're suggesting none?
That's the point the person made. Have more in person early voting spots and less drop off spots. Hard to have less than 1 though. You can mail your ballot back if you trust it will be received in time as well.
Stupe
S
If there are a bunch of long lines you don't understand why we need more voting locations?
lockett93
AG
Stupe said:

If there are a bunch of long lines you don't understand why we need more voting locations?

I'm on your side. 75Ag asked why. I answered
rsa
AG
Stupe said:

+1 for more locations.

75AG
AG
I think we're seeing long lines because it's day 1. And they will decrease until we get to the end of the early voting period where they'll likely increase again.

Unfortunately, the politicization of the USPS has created a great deal of untrustworthiness of that system. I'm old, and can vote by mail in Texas; however, I would never trust my ballot to get there on time, or not be lost by the College Station PO.
Stupe
S
lockett93 said:

Stupe said:

I'm on your side. 75Ag asked why. I answered
Sorry, I meant to reply to 75Ag as to why he didn't think that we needed more voting locations.
75AG
AG
Stupe said:

My reply is we have lines today, that will likely dissipate over the next few days, only to grow as we get closer to the end of early voting. Also, there's a limited number of poll workers in this pandemic. Most are older and susceptible to contracting the virus with bad outcomes.
91_Aggie
AG
It is the first day early voting opened. Of course there is going to be long lines on first day. This election cycle has both sides energized.

Complaining about long lines on first day is equivalent to complaining about long lines on Black Friday.

Think a little before running to the internet to ask to see the voting manager
FlyRod
Do we have confirmation this is the case at other polling places besides the CS one the OP mentioned? I assume it is but curious anyway.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG

Bucketrunner
I don't understand the panic to vote on the first day.
Stupe
S
Panic?
I know a whole bunch of people that are voting today and it has nothing to do with panic.
BCSWguru
Went to the downtown location and it was exactly an hour from the time i got in line to the time I walked out the door, this was during the lunch hour. Upon leaving, the line outside was about half of what it was when I arrived.
Stupe
S
How did you manage that with all of the widespread panic?!?!?!!
BCSWguru
I hoped and prayed a lot. Seemed to work.
Bucketrunner
Just seems like a lot of folks are acting like it's urgent to get to the polls.
trouble
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Just seems like a lot of folks are acting like it's urgent to get to the polls.

They need their sticker for social media points.
Bryanisbest
AG
People are angry. Can't wait to vote for or against Trump. Unprecedented interest!
75AG
AG
Wife, stepson, and I voted at the MSC at 4PM. Waited 10 minutes max. Got my sticker and now drinking at Ozona's. It's our tradition.
FlyRod
The wait at the Baptist Church on Logan this morning at opening time was just over 90 minutes. Got in line at 7:45. Voted at 9:18.
happyinBCS
I voted out at Tabor only about a 20 minute wait
aggies4life
AG
Just voted at msc. Took 10mins total and they give you a ticket so parking is free. Whoop!
theNetSmith
AG
happyinBCS said:

The line is ridiculous at the ONLY early voting location in CS except for the MSC on campus
you don't expect us to believe that you really are happyinBCS using an emoji like that, do you?
happyinBCS
been here 42 years and love it
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.