Household Hazardous Waste Oct. 24

2,545 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by milner79
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That time of year again. Drop off stuff at the Services Building. Books & a Blanket is soliciting donations at the event too.

Tailgate88
trouble
AG
Thanks!
rc_cat
Are there any options for hazardous waste disposal other than the twice-a-year events? With the spring event canceled and pre-existing plans for the 24th, can I do something other than wait for next spring?

Thanks.
MiMi
S
Alternative Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Options
Smeghead4761
I've been waiting for this for 18 months. I had to work the day of the one last October, and the April one got the CCP virus.

Anyone know if they accept microwave ovens?
trouble
AG
In Bryan, you can put microwaves out for bulky pickup.
rc_cat
MiMi said:

Alternative Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Options

Thanks.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Thanks
AggieAces06
AG
Langenator said:

Anyone know if they accept microwave ovens?

We tried to take a microwave last year and they wouldn't accept it. You could always try and see what they say this year
iisanaggie
AG
Friendly reminder that this is tomorrow.
Smeghead4761
I just got back, and they did take my microwaves.
Tailgate88
aggiemom89
Traffic backed up almost to Highway six on Harvey
oklaunion
I got there at 6:10 this morning and was 2nd in line. They started letting us go thru at 7 but the oil/paint personnel didn't finish getting their PPE on until 10 minutes later. When they did, the old lady in front kept getting out of her car which they tell you not to do. Cop had to come over and correct her. Then she forgot she had electronics at the paint station and they had to come get that before unloading her plastic garbage lined cardboard boxes of paint.
Then she insisted she get her boxes returned to her before leaving and got out again to yell at them. They finally retrieved them but she didn't know how to unlock her hatchback from inside so got out again. Again corrected. That whole charade took 10 minutes for one person to get processed when it should have taken 45 seconds. Hope it wasn't repeated but I wouldn't doubt it.
spike427
AG
We got in line on Hwy 30 at 11:30... an hour in, we're waiting to get rid of meds and already got the computers out of the car. Had no idea it would take this long!
Rearview
AG
I got in line about 11:30 and it took 45 minutes to drop off. Crazy. The line is now almost to hwy 6.
milner79
oklaunion said:

I got there at 6:10 this morning and was 2nd in line. They started letting us go thru at 7 but the oil/paint personnel didn't finish getting their PPE on until 10 minutes later. When they did, the old lady in front kept getting out of her car which they tell you not to do. Cop had to come over and correct her. Then she forgot she had electronics at the paint station and they had to come get that before unloading her plastic garbage lined cardboard boxes of paint.
Then she insisted she get her boxes returned to her before leaving and got out again to yell at them. They finally retrieved them but she didn't know how to unlock her hatchback from inside so got out again. Again corrected. That whole charade took 10 minutes for one person to get processed when it should have taken 45 seconds. Hope it wasn't repeated but I wouldn't doubt it.

I remember her from Lubys ...
milner79
spike427 said:

We got in line on Hwy 30 at 11:30... an hour in, we're waiting to get rid of meds and already got the computers out of the car. Had no idea it would take this long!

That's what happens, I suspect, when they miss a cycle in the spring. I got there at 7:04; took me 30 minutes to exit.
spike427
AG
I didn't even think about heavier crowds due to the skipped one. We were just glad we went when we did! It was very well organized and some people had an incredible number of items unloaded!
Smeghead4761
I got there at about 8:30 and was done in about 20 minutes or so. Dropped off microwaves, paint, and flourescent bulbs.

It was actually kind of cool watching how they stacked the old tube TVs on pallets and saran wrapped them.

Lesson learned: go early, but give them a little time to get their s*** together first. 7:30-8:30 is probably about the optimum.
milner79
spike427 said:

I didn't even think about heavier crowds due to the skipped one. We were just glad we went when we did! It was very well organized and some people had an incredible number of items unloaded!
Yes, I failed to say, kudos to the organizers and workers. In my brief experience there, they seemed to move an amazing volume of vehicles through in relative short time. Well done and thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.