Change jar - best place to exchange for cash or gc?

1,573 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by threecatcorner
motherrunnersBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need to change my change! My bank will take it if I roll it and bring it into the bank. Any better options?
BlueMiles
AG
It has been a while since I used a CoinStar machine, but I think you can still get credit for Amazon, without a fee/percentage to use the machine.
BQ_90
AG
I used coin star at RP Kroger. Got amazon GC
rsa
AG
Prosperity Bank has sorters in many of the branches. No fee if you're account is with them, and a small charge if you don't.
EMY92
AG
I remember news stories about the Coinstar machine's lack of accuracy. It seemed like the error was never in the user's favor.

I have a small account with BBVA. They don't count in the branch anymore, but I drop off the bag and it gets deposited in my account. The strange thing now is they ask you to estimate the amount, then they'll add or subtract that from your account.
taxpreparer
AG
If there is such a shortage of coins, then the bank ought to pay me a premium for mine.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
motherrunnersBCS
That is what I was hoping for - but not happening here, that I can find.
75AG
AG
taxpreparer said:

If there is such a shortage of coins, then the bank ought to pay me a premium for mine.
Can I get a discount if I pay for next year's tax preparation with coins?
J182
AG
I saw something about Dollar General needing coins, so they would exchange in store. I guess you might have to roll them though.
👽
taxpreparer
AG
75AG said:

taxpreparer said:

Can I get a discount if I pay for next year's tax preparation with coins?
Only if I can get my requested premium from the bank.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
threecatcorner
Brenham National bank has a machine. If they're your bank, it's free. If not, I think they will still do it but will charge a small fee (not sure how much).

They do not require, or even want, you to roll your coins.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.